Finnerican's cRaZyLiCiOuS Mock Draft

• Thread starter Granlund2Pulkkinen*
  • Start date

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Alright maybe it isn't crazylicious but I'm gonna scoop into my gene pool and see what stuff I can pull out.

1. Chicago Blackhawks: Patrick Kane RW, Talent that can complement Toews
2. Philidelphia Flyers: Kyle Turris C, Brings that '1st line center' to the table they need
3. Phoenix Coyotes: James VanRiemsdyk LW, Powerforward can spark the offense
4. Los Angeles Kings: Jakub Voracek RW, Can easily fit in with Kopitar and other FW's
5. Washington Capitals: Karl Alzner D, Really could bring a nice consistant D to them
6. Edmonton Oilers: Sam Gagner C, Helps fill holes up front in the long run
7. Columbus BJ's: Keaton Ellerby D, Brings a large defender to help move pucks
8. Boston Bruins: Alexei Cherepanov RW, Could really compliment Kessel if he makes it
9. St. Louis Blues: Angelo Esposito C, Could step in next season and help out alot
10. Florida Panthers: Nick Petrecki D, Blue line is definately suffering, could help out
11. Carolina Hurricanes: Maxim Mayorov LW, Could bring scoring to a line in need of it
12. Montreal Canadiens: Logan Couture C, He'll have a great career in Montreal
13. Toronto Maple Leafs: Zach Hamill C, Has alot of potential to help out in Toronto
14. Colorado Avalanche: Alex Plante D, Minimal defenders in that organisation, rebuild
15. Edmonton Oilers: Jeremy Smith G, Roloson is a billion years old, time for youth
16. Anaheim Ducks: Lars Eller LW, Talented forward that brings alot to the team
17. New York Rangers: Ryan McDonagh D, Blue line could definately use him
18. Calgary Flames: Vladimir Ruzicka C, Anybody want some offense up there?
19. Minnisota Wild: Brandon Sutter C, May be a nice puck feeder to Gaborik in 3-4 yrs
20. Pittsburgh Penguins: Kevin Shattenkirk D, Well put up front and in net, D anyone?
21. Phoenix Coyotes: Mikael Backlund C, Would you like a Center with your Left Wing?
22. Montreal Canadiens: Thomas Hickey D, Defense is all that's missing now?
23. Nashville Predators: Tommy Cross D, He might like it in Hamilton
24. St. Louis Blues: William Sweatt F, Could develope into a good player
25. Vancouver Canucks: Colton Gillies C, Centership is a need there in Vancouver
26. St. Louis Blues: Trever Cann G, Something to help out after Legace leaves
27. Detroit Redwings: David Perron C, Center could help this team out in the future
28. Washington Capitals: Jon Blum D, Another blue liner that could help this team out
29. Ottawa Senators: Akim Aliu F, Grit and Emery-like that could fit in this team
30. Edmonton Oilers: Joakim Andersson C, More help for a crappy team

There it is.

Bash it, love it... breed with it.

I just don't care

Have a nice day.

Last edited by a moderator:

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Please let this be true. Couture at #12? Hickey at #22? I LOVE YOU!

loyst21

Jun 24, 2006
Windsor, ON
jeremy smith to the oilers in the middle of the first round? the oilers have a few goaltending prospects that have come out of the first round and they havent panned out, i dont think they are going to overpay for smith unless its with thier last pick in the 1st... also calgary picking ruzicka?? they need offense, but we are talking about darryl sutter here, if hamill and esposito are gone i would hope he would go with backlund if he's going to pick a euro, if not going with brandon sutter

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
Alright maybe it isn't crazylicious but I'm gonna scoop into my gene pool and see what stuff I can pull out.

2. Philidelphia Flyers: Kyle Turris C, Brings that '1st line center' to the table they need
4. Los Angeles Kings: Jakub Voracek RW, Can easily fit in with Kopitar and other FW's
5. Washington Capitals: Karl Alzner D, Really could bring a nice consistant D to them
8. Boston Bruins: Alexei Cherepanov RW, Could really compliment Kessel if he makes it
9. St. Louis Blues: Angelo Esposito C, Could step in next season and help out alot
10. Florida Panthers: Nick Petrecki D, Blue line is definately suffering, could help out
11. Carolina Hurricanes: Maxim Mayorov LW, Could bring scoring to a line in need of it
13. Toronto Maple Leafs: Zach Hamill C, Has alot of potential to help out in Toronto
14. Colorado Avalanche: Alex Plante D, Minimal defenders in that organisation, rebuild
15. Edmonton Oilers: Jeremy Smith G, Roloson is a billion years old, time for youth
19. Minnisota Wild: Brandon Sutter C, May be a nice puck feeder to Gaborik in 3-4 yrs
20. Pittsburgh Penguins: Kevin Shattenkirk D, Well put up front and in net, D anyone?
21. Phoenix Coyotes: Mikael Backlund C, Would you like a Center with your Left Wing?
25. Vancouver Canucks: Colton Gillies C, Centership is a need there in Vancouver
27. Detroit Redwings: David Perron C, Center could help this team out in the future
28. Washington Capitals: Jon Blum D, Another blue liner that could help this team out
29. Ottawa Senators: Akim Aliu F, Grit and Emery-like that could fit in this team

There it is.

I just don't care

Have a nice day.

how is he Emery-like?

Brownie

Aug 16, 2006
Richmond
I would disappointed with Colton Gillies seeing as how the Canucks need some skilled offensive talent. If they had to go with a center prospect, Joakim Andersson would fit.

Junius

May 17, 2007
Vancouver

There it is.

I just don't care

Have a nice day.

Pretty good job. Such a tough draft to call.

As a Canucks fan I would really like to see them take Gilles. He is a hometown boy, big, strong and fast. A bit of Trevor Linden in him (no shouting please - a bit).

Not so sure on the Caps taking a defenceman. I would think they take Gagnon and Alzner or Ellerby go to Edmonton at 6.

Not sure about Mayorov going so early with the Russian league transfer agreement not in place. Cherepanov is another story but Mayorov is a risk.

Edmonton would take Trevor Cann at goalie before Jeremy Smith although I doubt they will take one with this pick. Too early.

I don't see Calgary taking Ruzicka now that Keenan is charge. This could be Sutter, Gilles or a tough defenceman.

Aliu to Ottawa is interesting. He is risky but really has real upside.

No Oscar Moller?

We shall see. Overall, good job.

Junius

May 17, 2007
Vancouver
I would disappointed with Colton Gillies seeing as how the Canucks need some skilled offensive talent. If they had to go with a center prospect, Joakim Andersson would fit.

I think he would be a great pick although I would love to see them get him at #33. They have some skill in Raymond, Grabner, Simek and Shirokov now. Gilles is a power forward type almost in a Linden type mold. I think he would be a great fit.

DarthSather99

Mar 2, 2002
NYC
Visit site

Not that I'll disagree with the pick but the reason is what puzzles me.

Since the draft is about the future, the Rangers D will be stacked in the near future without McDonagh. Staal, Sangiunetti, Sauer, Baranka, Tytuin, Pock, Girardi and even Mara is still young.

As far as this being the pick, not impossible. The Rangers employ the BPA theory of making picks. I'd rather have a forward but if McDonagh is the best available then I'm happy.

malyk

Apr 15, 2007
The City by the Bay
Washington certainly won't take 2 defenseman in the first round. They may take alzner, though I hope not, but if they do then they'll take a forward at 28. My guess is they go voracek or gagner at #5 and then a defenseman at #28. Maybe they take a d at #35 also, but the first pick probably won't be on the blueline.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
I was curious to see a mock with Nashville with a first round pick, but curiousity quickly turned to disgust to see yet another person who seized any possible opportunity to make the ever-hilarious ******** "Hamilton" joke. I stopped reading at that point, so I don't know what to say about your effort.

parabola

BOlieve dat
Jul 8, 2004
ಠ_ಠ
I was curious to see a mock with Nashville with a first round pick, but curiousity quickly turned to disgust to see yet another person who seized any possible opportunity to make the ever-hilarious ******** "Hamilton" joke. I stopped reading at that point, so I don't know what to say about your effort.

I thought it was funny.:)

Espo7

Feb 11, 2007
Vancouver, BC
www.geocities.com
3 biggest things to point out...Canucks will take someone who can actually put up points, not just a big skater like Gillies...and those two goalies shouldn't be mentioned in first round as they will both be "lucky" to become NHL back-ups.

Rotang

Sep 30, 2005
Dallas, TX
I think you have to go with Perron if he's still on the board at 25.

Zetterberg4Captain*

There it is.

I just don't care

Have a nice day.

The only way Aliu is like Emery is their skin colour. Aliu is a ********* and I have my doubts on him even making it to the NHL, as do many others.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad