WWE: Finn Balor: "To get called up to the main roster would be a step back right now"

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
i think breeze can get over if he makes some changes...he's basically trying to be an ambiguously gay character, let's call it what it is, but it's too G-rated to work as is...

Part of the problem is that the announcers refuse to acknowledge that he is a model...
Which is the heart of his whole gimmick.
That makes that VIP section confusing...
For those who does not follow NXT...
Which is the majority of the casual fans.

That said...
I still think the character is a dud...
But Breeze needs it...
Because he really does not stand out as a wrestler...
Even if he is one of the better ones.

Last edited:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Finn on the main roster...

*comes out on Raw without his paint*

"HE'S A DEMON, MAGGLE! HAHA, I LOVE IT!"

*Finn comes out on PPV with his paint*

"I don't even know what you would call this..."

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Part of the problem is that the announcers refuse to acknowledge that he is a model...
Which is the heart of his whole gimmick.
That makes that VIP section confusing...
For those who does not follow NXT...
Which is the majority of the casual fans.

That said...
I still think the character is a dud...
But Breeze needs it...
Because he is really does not stand out as a wrestler...
Even if he is one of the better ones.

The character is a dud because the people who are responsible for introducing his character to the audience have failed miserably. There's no backstory. There's no character insight. There's no explanation for him being what he is. A simple thing like explaining that he's a model that takes up residence in all the high profile areas creates exactly what they should be going for. Then let Breeze go shoot a couple vignettes in places like New York, Los Angeles, London, Paris, and/or wherever that is deemed high profile for fashion and put it in a segment. This isn't that hard but they're just so damn lazy when it comes to introducing talent even if they believe it isn't main event caliber, they can still put forth some effort to help get a guy over to try and make money.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
The character is a dud because the people who are responsible for introducing his character to the audience have failed miserably. There's no backstory. There's no character insight. There's no explanation for him being what he is. A simple thing like explaining that he's a model that takes up residence in all the high profile areas creates exactly what they should be going for. Then let Breeze go shoot a couple vignettes in places like New York, Los Angeles, London, Paris, and/or wherever that is deemed high profile for fashion and put it in a segment. This isn't that hard but they're just so damn lazy when it comes to introducing talent even if they believe it isn't main event caliber, they can still put forth some effort to help get a guy over to try and make money.

I agree.

To be honest...
I did not like the character even back in NXT...
But at the very least...
I knew what he was.
I also knew that it would not work on the main roster...
Because it just does not fit the overall product.

I love NXT...
But it is clear that outside of die-hard fans...
It really does not have wide appeal.
Otherwise...
Many of the NXT talents would not be DOA on the main roster.
:shakehead

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Finn on the main roster...

*comes out on Raw without his paint*

"HE'S A DEMON, MAGGLE! HAHA, I LOVE IT!"

*Finn comes out on PPV with his paint*

"I don't even know what you would call this..."

I think Balor is one of the very few NXT callups that can actually work on the main roster.
His character has wide appeal...
And it is easy to understand...
Even without a lot of explanations.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad