WJC: Finland vs USA U18 WJC Game Thread.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
The most worrying thing isn't the result. It's the fact that USA deserved this huge victory and could've easily had 11 against Finland as well.
The US should win this tournament and I just can't see Finland win a medal after this performance. Thin roster, and look at the coach! He want's to hide when he should be yelling his guts out after this performance.

Reactions: wetcoast

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
1714499501988.jpeg

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Little bit of a mystery why we left out Muhonen

We still wouldn't have won this game but still wondering.
Kauppinen is total idiot and now it is proved.
Only idiot coach like Kauppinen can leave 6'4 and 6'3 tall dmans ( Soini, Marila and Muhonen )
out of the team in tournament like this where you need size, gritt, toughness, and physicality
against USA and Canada if you wanna win something against those powerhouse teams.

Even a peewee hockey kid knows damn well that
when your defence is full soft and small mickey-mouses
you're doomed and screwed against USA and Canada and when your
supposed starting goalie has full power hoover vacuum-cleaner on this is the result.

Thursday's defence effort and goaltending decides that
will we play for medals or will we watch medal games in home. So no pressure boys.

And if we lose quartefinal Kauppinen should be fired and banned of all junior hockey coaching jobs for a lifetime we cannot have idiot joke coaches like Mikkola and Kauppinen in our junior national teams.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
This is amongst the worst Finnish D's I've seen. How the hell can this contain of two first or second rounders is a mystery. Hyi v*ttu.
Ask Marko Kauppinen.
That idiot coach left three 6'3 tall dmans ( Marila, Muhonen, Soini ) out of the team.

Even peewee hockey child knows that when you're playing vs USA and Canada
you need size,gritt, toughness and physicality on the defence not under or aberage size mickey-mouses.

Little bit of a mystery why we left out Muhonen

We still wouldn't have won this game but still wondering.
Wrong,
Why we left out THREE 6'3 tall dmans ( Marila, Muhonen, Soini ).

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I was very disappointed with Finland. I thought they'd win the tournament. They still could, but after today's performance it's not looking likely.

Rimpinen was terrible. Finland was probably still losing if he had played well, but he let in a lot of low danger chance shots. With good goaltending this game would've been close.

I also am wondering how Muhonen and Soini didn't make this team. Finland could have a very good defense in this age group with Vaisanen, Kiviharju, Muhonen, Soini, and Jokinen. Hopefully we see those five on the WJC20 team next year and the year after. It could be a fun defensive group.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
I was very disappointed with Finland. I thought they'd win the tournament. They still could, but after today's performance it's not looking likely.

Rimpinen was terrible. Finland was probably still losing if he had played well, but he let in a lot of low danger chance shots. With good goaltending this game would've been close.

I also am wondering how Muhonen and Soini didn't make this team. Finland could have a very good defense in this age group with Vaisanen, Kiviharju, Muhonen, Soini, and Jokinen. Hopefully we see those five on the WJC20 team next year and the year after. It could be a fun defensive group.
I wouldn't hold my breath to wait see Muhonen, Kiviharju, Jokinen, Soini and Väisänen in U20 WJC's.
Our U20 national team is coached by another idiot ( Lauri Mikkola )
who's made questionable decisions in player selections etc.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad