GDT: Finland vs Norway

Husqvarna

Jan 5, 2019
Marko "Mörkö" Anttila to Björninen the caged bear - heard it before?!

3 - 0.

Finlands' fourth line delivers the goods.

Reactions: FinPanda

Husqvarna

Jan 5, 2019
Finland turn up the volume - and shows up for real. This period.

Fat chance Norway.

Husqvarna

Jan 5, 2019
Norway followed Finland somehow; in the first period that is.
Then Finland ruled 'em over - and that easy.

One way traffic.

Army Armia 4 - 0.

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
Can't care less about this match or tournament, this team has not one player who plays with creativity or excitement and we have 0 star NHL'rs, just boring, when's the WJC's again? WC's have been a snooze fest lately.
No way man where have you been for the past 10 years? No star NHL'rs in WHC stop the press. You shouldn't watch european hockey at all if it's snooze fest, luckily for you (and me) there's NHL playoffs going which you can watch.

Meanwhile i'm enjoying this tournament like any other tournament where Finland plays.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
No way man where have you been for the past 10 years? No star NHL'rs in WHC stop the press. You shouldn't watch european hockey at all if it's snooze fest, luckily for you (and me) there's NHL playoffs going which you can watch.

Meanwhile i'm enjoying this tournament like any other tournament where Finland plays.
Well said. I always enjoy watching team Finland play no matter of the names behind the jerseys

Husqvarna

Jan 5, 2019
Machine-gun hockey from Finland 5 - 0. Jere Sallinen.

11413 people in Tampere ... and the cheapest tickets cost only around 1000:- Swe bucks!

member 305909

Apart from Kazakstan my second wish for a relegating team is Norway.

Not that I have anything against Norway but they are so good at all other winter-sports so they can live without being good at hockey.

Shocker

Dec 20, 2019
Mäenalanen wanted to show the refs what an actual fighting penalty looks like, lmao.

Good game, Norway had chances in the first but no luck and then Finland stepped up.

Husqvarna

Jan 5, 2019
Nemas problemas ... as they said in Sarajevo before the (Balkan-) war broke out !

No probs for Finland with Norway tonight, though.

5 - 0.

Jukka Jalonen-hockey (Finland) tried Norway for twenty minutes or so - then they stepped on the gaspedal.
And then kicked to kill.

Puck Dogg

Puck life
Mar 13, 2006
Looked like at routine win after sluggish first period. Norway didn't have too many chances to even score.

All goals were scored by five different players. It's a solid team with no obvious weaknesses.

Reactions: Mestaruus

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Looked like at routine win after sluggish first period. Norway didn't have too many chances to even score.

All goals were scored by five different players. It's a solid team with no obvious weaknesses.

But only the games against top teams will really show if Finland has weaknesses. It was just last weekend when Finland played in EHT agains't Switzerland, Sweden and Czech and Finland lost all of those games. Okay some line shuffling was involved, that certainly created some chaos.

Fjorden

Jan 17, 2021
Bergen, Norway
www.bergenishockey.no
To summarize.

Our 1.st line were weak.
3rd line played well with Trettenes, Hoff and Jakobsson. Speed and skill in that line.

We aren't clinical enough on some of our good opurtunities. We don't have the quality in our top 6 forwards. Personal mistakes when we try to move the puck out of our zone on 2-0 and 3-0 decides the game. The first period was good. One in the post and a great save by the finish goalie with the stick.

1-0 we have to long shifts here, and get to tired.

2nd period.
Finland have a lot of pressure, but don't create any good really good opurtunities. They get both goals on two junior mistakes by us. Personal faults.
2-0 and 3-0 we basically give them both goals through personal mistakes when we are about to move the puck out of our zone. We can't have personal mistakes like that. After 3-0 it is game over.

3. Period.
4-0 is a stupid penalty from Johannesen for delaying the game giving them a PP.

We have to stop making personal mistakes when we want to transport the puck into the oponents zone. Shifts must be shorter, We can't afford to take unnecessary penalties like that on the 4-0 goal.

Reactions: Stubu

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I think there were be at least a couple more goose eggs on the menu for Norway in this tourney.

Finnswiss

Apr 28, 2013
I couldn't watch the game as it was broadcasted nowhere here in Switzerland. But it seemed that the Finns had in the first period problems to get in the game. But up the second period it was better. And Norway seems to have a very good goalie. Btw was the game sold out, how is the capacity spectators of the stadium in Tampere?

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
I couldn't watch the game as it was broadcasted nowhere here in Switzerland. But it seemed that the Finns had in the first period problems to get in the game. But up the second period it was better. And Norway seems to have a very good goalie. Btw was the game sold out, how is the capacity spectators of the stadium in Tampere?

It looked full. I can't remember the capacity.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
It was like 11k spectators which is pretty much sold out for the games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad