Finland Fans: Sami Salo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Borlag

Jan 27, 2006
Helsinki, Funland
During the olympics he hasn't really stood out yet as particularily good nor as particularily bad. He's usually expected to be the blueline cannon for PP and I believe we'll be seeing him do that in the following games once they get rougher.

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
He is solid. Today he was doing his job very well. Salo does not need to show at all...he is solid in his own end and that is what we need. He has that HUGE slapshot in reserve....and we will hopefully see that in the medal games.

sandels

Aug 2, 2005
Lake Bodom
I've always liked Salo a lot and IMO he has been his usual self, calm and solid in his own end and reading the play well. Can play physical if needed too. I'd like to see him on the ice in every key situation, that's how much I appreciate his play.

sleb

Dec 26, 2005
with polarbears
Vman said:
I am looking forward to see his blueline cannon in the next few games.
I doubt we'll see any of it. PP strategy goes way too much on wingers, not on rushing the net after a shot, or only a good shot... Meaning, Salo has one asset, finnish team will not be capitalizing.

Other than missing one of Salo's great abilities on ice, coaches have nothing to worry. Salo is solid, too bad he has to pair up with finn's weakest D-man.

teme

Feb 28, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
Zambonidriver² said:
Other than missing one of Salo's great abilities on ice, coaches have nothing to worry. Salo is solid, too bad he has to pair up with finn's weakest D-man.
As you obviously missed it, Nummelin played very solid hockey tonight. I think he switched brains with Lydman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad