Finish the Rebuild

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
Yandle went 105, stasny went 44, vlasic 35, Neal 33.

You can't blame him for not identifying these talents and selected them with the 9th overall pick. Even Oshie at 24 and Hanzal at 17 are a stretch.

Kopitar and Staal though, that's where he screwed up big time.

My point was he went overboard with his pick, there were a few other overboard picks that turn better than freaking Lee

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
I'd give up my left nut for Backstrom. He's going no where. Top 5-7 C in the game, excellent defensively and only 26.

Me too, it would be like have a 4 year younger version of Spezza.
But since we are never going to get Backstrom lets keep the 4 year older version who scores more, and we dont have to gut the team to pick up.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Yandle went 105, stasny went 44, vlasic 35, Neal 33.

You can't blame him for not identifying these talents and selected them with the 9th overall pick. Even Oshie at 24 and Hanzal at 17 are a stretch.

Kopitar and Staal though, that's where he screwed up big time.

Yeah, it was the fact we went so far off the board with a top 10 pick that gives us much more legitimate reason to gripe. When it comes to guys like Daigle busting, you can only beat yourself up so much, because everyone had him 1st overall, but Lee was projected as a late 1st rounder. Kopitar was ranked anywhere from 3-6 with no ranking lower than 6, so to pass on him at #9, man...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad