Fines as a punishment

Your view on Fines

• Total voters

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I'm curious what you all think about fines as a punishment rather than a suspension or some other punishment. Most of the fines I've seen are laughable considering what the player makes.

TopCheese

Mar 16, 2016
canada
Giving an nhl player a 2,500 $ fine is like giving regular dudes like us a Fine for 2 bucks. They are completely pointless right now

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
Would rather have suspensions than fines. Fining millionaires doesn't really achieve anything and also doesn't effect their team. Need player and team to feel it.

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
Aftet eclipsing certain fine limit then every other finable offense after is a suspension without oay instead

agent082

Feb 11, 2012
Make it voluntary and player choise of amount and money goes to poor kids. Lets see who pays only 1 dollar and who 10 000 when NHL makes big headline about it.

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
Would rather have suspensions than fines. Fining millionaires doesn't really achieve anything and also doesn't effect their team. Need player and team to feel it.

if we started fining players a percentage of their annual salary it sure might.

Perhaps instead of the pointless fines, maybe make a serious infraction a 5-10% of salary fine

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Increasing $$$ value of fines would never go over well with the union.
Just suspend them more games without pay instead.

Have money from suspensions and fines go toward covering their escrow. Players will finally call for proper discipline.

Reactions: thadd

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
voted don't care but they really are pretty pointless at the moment

a max fine isn't gonna be anything more than a slap on the wrist for even a guy making league minimum and it only gets less impactful from there

MorgantiDrinksBlood

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Hit em where it hurts take 10 games pay or something. When I was in the military if you f***ed up they took rank but also took half a months pay, I think this is a really good way to fairly punish players in their wallet. The current fines are a joke lol.

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
Hit em where it hurts take 10 games pay or something. When I was in the military if you ****ed up they took rank but also took half a months pay, I think this is a really good way to fairly punish players in their wallet. The current fines are a joke lol.

What do you need to do to have your pay taken away in the military?

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
They should do a Fines Lottery for the fans to participate in. You have to guess the next fineable offense, who and when, and the fan with the closest guess wins the entire amount being fined.

And the player being fined has to deliver the cash home, in person, to the winner.

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
They should do a Fines Lottery for the fans to participate in. You have to guess the next fineable offense, who and when, and the fan with the closest guess wins the entire amount being fined.

And the player being fined has to deliver the cash home, in person, to the winner.

This actually made me wonder about what exactly the NHL does with the money they get from fining players

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
This actually made me wonder about what exactly the NHL does with the money they get from fining players
money.jpg

Reactions: ESH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad