OT: Final week games of interest

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
Thought this might be an easy way to follow the games in this final week (by night) as we count down to who the Leafs may take on in the opening round. Final week games for the Leafs, Sens, Habs, Bruins and Islanders. The games for Sens and Isles may be irrelevant later this week, but for now they remain in the mix in terms of being able to finish ahead of the Leafs.

Mods, thought this was relevant for the coming week and an easy schedule to follow, but please merge if you don't see it thread-worthy.

MONDAY
PITTSBURGH AT OTTAWA

TUESDAY
MONTREAL AT NEW JERSEY
ISLANDERS AT CAROLINA
BOSTON AT PHILLY
RANGERS AT FLORIDA
WINNIPEG AT WASHINGTON

WEDNESDAY
TORONTO AT TAMPA BAY

THURSDAY
ISLANDERS AT PHILLY
OTTAWA AT WASHINGTON
RANGERS AT CAROLINA
TAMPA BAY AT BOSTON
TORONTO AT FLORIDA
MONTREAL AT WINNIPEG

FRIDAY
ISLANDERS AT BUFFALO

SATURDAY
MONTREAL AT TORONTO
PHILLY AT OTTAWA
BOSTON AT WASHINGTON
NEW JERSEY AT RANGERS

SUNDAY
OTTAWA AT BOSTON

Last edited:

TheBigThree

Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
All I care about is obliterating Montreal on Saturday. Also I hate Boston but will be following their games closely as I hope they win their last games

JackJ

Feb 7, 2012
While we face the eliminated Lightning and Panthers, Habs face the 9th place Jets and eliminated Devils. Hopefully the Jets aren't eliminated by then.

A 1-2-0 record for the Habs and 3-0 record for us is a real possibility. :crossfing

Igy

Mar 3, 2011
You should include the Rangers. They play Florida, Carolina and New Jersey in their final 3 games.

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
Ottawa sure has a tough finish to their sched in Pitt, Wash, and Phi

I'm sad for them :sarcasm:

I like the way this week shapes up. Leafs have a fairly winnable schedule, Montreal should beat the Devils and that could be it. Boston could lose to the Caps but don't see them losing the rest, maybe Philly too. Either way if they win 2 and Montreal only wins 1, we're laughing.

The hockey gods are going to give us our Montreal round. I can feel it :yo:

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I'd love to see the Leafs gain some momentum on back to back games against the struggling Tampa and Florida teams ... And then carry that momentum to beat Montreal Saturday and hit the playoffs running

satyr9

Sep 20, 2009
Ottawa sure has a tough finish to their sched in Pitt, Wash, and Phi

Throw in the @BOS for the 28th. The only thing helping them is NYI is all on the road, not that it's hurt them so far.

MTL's schedule looked like it could be kinda tough and now it's likely to go cupcake in a hurry. A week ago that NJ and WPG games looked like they'd be against teams fighting tooth and nail for the playoffs, but now that NJ is toast and there are a lot of ways WPG could be toast by the 25th game, meaning they won't be in much of a mood to put up a fight.

If you're still holding hope for 4th, gotta hope WPG beats WAS on the 23rd (and Buf before that), keeping them and NYR/NYI/OTT in their crosshairs, 'cause I think there's no chance NJ beats MTL.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Game of the year could be between Dallas and Detroit for the final spot. Dallas is making a strong push. That game could decide which one of the 3 teams ( Columbus, Detroit and Dallas) gets in.

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
Game of the year could be between Dallas and Detroit for the final spot. Dallas is making a strong push. That game could decide which one of the 3 teams ( Columbus, Detroit and Dallas) gets in.

I didn't verify the math, but Aaron Portzline, CBJ beat writer says that if the Blue Jackets win their final 2 games, the Stars will be out and the Wings would have to go 3-0-1 in their final games.

Egoclapper

Dec 21, 2010
I think Montreal will get 4th or 5th.

Isles got a good chance at 5th, could go 3-0 playing Buffalo, Philly and Carolina.

Leafs should grab wins in Florida, might come down to Saturday night against Montreal. Win and we've got the 1st round matchup we want.

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Leafs just needs wins in two of their final 3 to practically lock up the 5th seed .. They own the tiebreaker over the Isles and Ottawa would have to win all 4 of their remaining games to jump the Leafs (Leafs also own that tiebreaker)

That game against Montreal on Saturday will likely cement the playoff matchup for the first round... At least there's some excitement in the final 3 games, I really hope the Leafs show up for the games against Tampa and Florida though

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
If the Habs going 1-2 and the Leafs go 3-0, we can lock up home ice. Oh wow.

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
If the Habs going 1-2 and the Leafs go 3-0, we can lock up home ice. Oh wow.

They play NJ, Winnipeg, and the Leafs ... The Jets are playing well and are motivated I think they can beat them

Their first game this week against the Devils is pretty big, given how the Habs have stumbled the last week it could be a huge barometer on the state of their team since NJ is playing so poorly .. If Jersey wins and puts up 3-4 goals against the Habs, Montreal is in serious trouble

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
They play NJ, Winnipeg, and the Leafs ... The Jets are playing well and are motivated I think they can beat them

Their first game this week against the Devils is pretty big, given how the Habs have stumbled the last week it could be a huge barometer on the state of their team since NJ is playing so poorly .. If Jersey wins and puts up 3-4 goals against the Habs, Montreal is in serious trouble

Would really make things interesting come Saturday if the Leafs win the two games in Florida and the Habs don't beat the Devils or the Jets. If the Habs finish 0-3.. Oh boy.. Things could get interesting.

Price in the playoffs scares me though.

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON

idk if people missed news from Winnipeg, but apparently Jokinen and Bogosian are out. If nothing else they have less chances to win in SO without Jokinen. Could be tough to win without those two...

Btw, I think Jets will not give trouble to anyone in PO, so I rather see Ott and NYR in as they can wear down some top teams. And NYI, well, there is at least a chance that they make it a long series with l'say Was.

PS. I hope Ott is in for sure. If we meet them in later rounds it will be lovely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad