GDT: Final Preseason Game vs. Ottawa Senators (6:30PM ET on TVA Sports, TSN690 & 98.5 FM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Caufield is still very young. Farrell will be interesting to watch soon. Beck and Mesar + Roy, Heineman.
We could really use more talented prospects. Farrell and Roy are the exciting ones but are both longshots, Beck, Mesar and Heineman are more responsible "two-way" style forward.

Comparatively speaking our defensive prospects are way better.

Reactions: Heffyhoof

Jul 6, 2016
We could really use more talented prospects. Farrell and Roy are the exciting ones but are both longshots, Beck, Mesar and Heineman are more responsible "two-way" style forward.

Rome was not built overnite. It's gonna take few more successful drafts. Especially guys drafted in the first 2-3 rounds. There is some other College kids like Tuch and Pitlick. We will see what they can achieve this season. I am not too impressed by Kidney or Mysak.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022

I don’t think Farrell is a long shot. He could pretty much be on the team right now just because of his talent but he’s gonna be even more ready at the end of his season. Pretty sure he’ll play some games with the habs before the end of the year.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I watched 4 preseason games(not in their entirety lol) and I was a bit concerned by what I saw. It seemed as though the players were not really in sync with each other and that will need to improve despite losing on most nights.
I watched several half assed lineups trying to win meaningless games.

And then it got worse when opponents started to load their lineups with mostly regulars where MSL kept making experiments and using deadwood and not ready for prime time types.

Small wonder we didn’t win any exhibition games. We certainly did not have competitive lineups out there and Shortside Primeau played the part of a sieve in several of those games.

Reactions: Kennerback

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I watched several half assed lineups trying to win meaningless games.

And then it got worse when opponents started to load their lineups with mostly regulars where MSL kept making experiments and using deadwood and not ready for prime time types.

Small wonder we didn’t win any exhibition games. We certainly did not have competitive lineups out there and Shortside Primeau played the part of a sieve in several of those games.
It's good for morale to win some games despite the fact that it was exhibition hockey. I just wonder how the guys play once the regular season starts after what was basically an 8 game losing streak. I read many comments that were concerning especially involving the veterans on this team, they are the ones that should set an example for the young kids but as you say and I agree, they were meaningless games. They could come flying out of the gate come Wednesday.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It's good for morale to win some games despite the fact that it was exhibition hockey. I just wonder how the guys play once the regular season starts after what was basically an 8 game losing streak. I read many comments that were concerning especially involving the veterans on this team, they are the ones that should set an example for the young kids but as you say and I agree, they were meaningless games. They could come flying out of the gate come Wednesday.
It wasn’t just the games themselves but how MSL chose to deploy his players in those games. Seemed to me he was more concerned about finding out what his players were capable of rather than win exhibition games at all costs.

It became even more glaring that MSL had a whole other agenda when opponents loaded their lineups with regulars and MSL did not match that firepower by playing more regulars of his own.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
It wasn’t just the games themselves but how MSL chose to deploy his players in those games. Seemed to me he was more concerned about finding out what his players were capable of rather than win exhibition games at all costs.

It became even more glaring that MSL had a whole other agenda when opponents loaded their lineups with regulars and MSL did not match that firepower by playing more regulars of his own.
It was definitely weird to watch. In the defensive zone, we looked like headless chickens lol and what exactly was our pp? If the regular season resembles anything like the PS, it will be tough for us to score goals. I don't care about losing but I want the guys to be entertaining, at least it will give us something to chew on during our GDT's. 4-1 and 2-1 losses won't cut it for most of us.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
It was definitely weird to watch. In the defensive zone, we looked like headless chickens lol and what exactly was our pp? If the regular season resembles anything like the PS, it will be tough for us to score goals. I don't care about losing but I want the guys to be entertaining, at least it will give us something to chew on during our GDT's. 4-1 and 2-1 losses won't cut it for most of us.
Well now that Caufield is a goal-per-game player I doubt the others get shut out every night ;) I just think they don’t really care if training camp lasts to the holidays as long as the kids are learning and the money adds up.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021

Joel Bouchard talked about it yesterday on TVA Sport. He said that coaches make specific requests to their players and have a game plan. Since the lineups can be so mismatched in preseason, what coaches looks at is how players respond to those requests and if they can execute the game plan.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Habs fans: "we need s rebuild!"
Habs fans after preseason losses: "We suck! Our coaches suck! Our defense sucks! Our goalies suck! We need better players!"

I'm just perplexed as to what a rebuild entails ..
Yeah, I've noticed that too.

Rebuilds like this are gruesome. We've only encountered the tip of the iceberg with respect to the pain that is coming.

Sometimes, it feels like certain fans want the rebuild, but they also aren't prepared to face the reality of what it entails.

Reactions: Paddy17

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Man that was an ugly pre season.
Rarely have I seen a group of more putrid veterans assembled all on the same team. It's like all the rejects are on one team.
The Habs have also managed to assemble an expansion team quality D Corps.
This isn't an attack on the prospects but more a concern on how truly bad this organization has become.
I just see alot of sideways moves.
Hard to blame new management with the mess from the Bergevin legacy though.

This organization is just a mess.

Will a player like Caufield jump at the chance to sign a long-term deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad