Euro: Final: Italy v England, 7/11/2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
England has done well this tournament in spite of Southgate, not because of him.

I think just handing lineups and subs over to a random FIFA 21 online player would be smarter.

Reactions: gary69

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
This might be a red.
7891670.0.jpg

He even looks like Maik Franz.

Reactions: Eisen

Zeeker

Feb 15, 2016
Maybe this is a dumb question but why don’t soccer players try for deflections like hockey players do? That shot by the England guy, everyone let go by and it went wide, but someone could’ve tried to deflect on net and I feel like I don’t see that often?

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Grealish has barely done anything in this tournament, so not expecting much here.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Maybe this is a dumb question but why don’t soccer players try for deflections like hockey players do? That shot by the England guy, everyone let go by and it went wide, but someone could’ve tried to deflect on net and I feel like I don’t see that often?
Sometimes you see that on set pieces but with the differences in the offsides rule, it’s harder to pull off

Reactions: Zeeker

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona

It is rare they try to do it. I have thought about it sometimes too. They have to be careful about potential offsides though

Reactions: Zeeker

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
They do.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
But you really aren't shocked, since it's Soutgate's modus operandi. He is managing scared most of the time, being afraid of losing instead of trying to win.
If they lose this game, he'll get rightly eviscerated for the way he's managed this game after initially looking like a genius two minutes in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad