Pre-Game Talk: Final Game - Oilers @ Canucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Final game fellas (and ladies).

Been a rough year, but I'm optimistic about our future. Just want to see the boys play hard and not finish in last place.

The final game at Rexall was a real high point for me (**** HFmains opinions on our ceremony) and I'm sure like many of you my eyes watered up during various moments of the ceremony. We really have to be among the most loyal fan bases in the 4 major North American sports.

Our dark days will soon be behind us. Cheers guys, let's go out with a win.

Go Oilers!!

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
One thing makes me proud of the way we've handled this season, we've cheered for our guys to win this entire season.

You didn't see the masses openly advocating for our team to lose like you see other franchises or lengthy "Tank Threads". Maybe the Hockey Gods reward us and Rogers Place will become one of the most difficult and intimidating barns to come into in the NHL.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I was very confident in a win on Wednesday. Not as confident for tomorrows game. The Canucks have been blown out two games in a row. Final game of the year at home... I imagine they're going to want to come out with some jump for their fans.

That being said. Oilers win 3-2.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
One thing makes me proud of the way we've handled this season, we've cheered for our guys to win this entire season.

You didn't see the masses openly advocating for our team to lose like you see other franchises or lengthy "Tank Threads". Maybe the Hockey Gods reward us and Rogers Place will become one of the most difficult and intimidating barns to come into in the NHL.

+1

Watch us lose the lottery, drop to 4th, and that player will turn into the best player of the draft! :yo: :laugh:

Don't care if we win or lose... just play hard like we have been since the TDL.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
+1

Watch us lose the lottery, drop to 4th, and that player will turn into the best player of the draft! :yo: :laugh:

Wouldn't even be mad. Draft Chychrun. Send him back to junior, let him play in the WJC, captain his squad and develop him properly.

I'm more comfortable moving the #1-3 draft picks in a trade than I am #4. Sounds crazy, but I would be very happy to draft Chychrun with full knowledge he won't suit up for us for at least 2 seasons.

I just want to see our guys battle their hearts out and play with pride in Vancouver. The decade of darkness is coming to a close.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
+1

Watch Boston trade for the first 3 picks and choose 2nd rounders

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Watch Boston trade for the first 3 picks and choose 2nd rounders

:laugh:

Senyshyn was probably a great underrated pick. He's an unreal skater. But passing up on Kyle Connor when you have 3 cracks at him, lol.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
I don't care about the result I just hope Drai can hit 20 goals and McDavid 50 points. Would be nice.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
I'm quite excited about this game! (even though I'll be watching it at noon on Sunday, Japan time)

Why? Because I actually believe this game marks the official end of the 10-years-of-Terror that the period 2006-2016 is going to be remembered as in Oilers' future histories.

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
Probably the first time in years i´m not just glad for the season to end, but having a better feeling about the offseason and Chiarelli's work than under MacT, Lowe, Tambs..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad