Final game at Joe Louis Arena

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Who's going?

Just bought two tickets to the April 9 game against the Devils. Most expensive tickets I've ever bought to a regular season Wings game, but whatever, it was about the same cost as three parking tickets and a couple hot dogs here in Chicago. As a Wings optimist, I probably waited longer than many to invest in the belief that the Wings are assuredly going to miss the playoffs, but my confidence level is pretty high at this point. I mean, Riley Sheahan is still getting regular IT in every game.

Let me know if you're going to the game and want to snag a JLA seat. I'm going to bring a full set of composite-material tools (stupid metal detectors). We can meet up after the final horn and get the pick of the litter!

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
I strongly considered going, but at the end of the day I got cheap. If the team still had more guys other than Z who helped make the great memories that I've had at the Joe I probably would have pulled the trigger - even knowing that the prices would be even higher.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Who's going?

Just bought two tickets to the April 9 game against the Devils. Most expensive tickets I've ever bought to a regular season Wings game, but whatever, it was about the same cost as three parking tickets and a couple hot dogs here in Chicago. As a Wings optimist, I probably waited longer than many to invest in the belief that the Wings are assuredly going to miss the playoffs, but my confidence level is pretty high at this point. I mean, Riley Sheahan is still getting regular IT in every game.

Let me know if you're going to the game and want to snag a JLA seat. I'm going to bring a full set of composite-material tools (stupid metal detectors). We can meet up after the final horn and get the pick of the litter!
I'm trying to picture a scenario where attempting to carry said bounty out of the building would be even remotely possible. :laugh:

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Count me out of any furniture stealing. :laugh:

I'm in section 213 or something, five rows from the back. Was really happy to get a pair.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Would definitely be going if i was still in Michigan, But living in Central Florida now doubt i will make it up there have only been to the Joe 3 times and that was in the early 80's before moving to Florida. Would be nice to make it one last time before it closes though.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Who's going?

Just bought two tickets to the April 9 game against the Devils. Most expensive tickets I've ever bought to a regular season Wings game, but whatever, it was about the same cost as three parking tickets and a couple hot dogs here in Chicago.

They will make more money of that ONE GAME if it is a sellout, than they would do from 2-3 home games at the playoffs. :D

So the mini-TANK is perfectly planned/timed. No playoffs, but they will even make more money. That's how Ken Holland operates and will keep ownership happy, without an on-ice success. There's always the business side, which will belong in the big picture.

I hope that game is worth of all memories. You people down there have lived wonderful time, when Wings were on their prime.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Who's going?

Grab me one and I'll gladly send you a prepaid freight label.

I can't guarantee I'll help with your bail money, though. :laugh:

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
I love the energy I wish I could share the nostalgia. I never liked anything about the Joe other than the team that played there. From traffic flow, to parking, to walking 100 miles up and down stairs, to nothing else around it, to the bathrooms, to getting stuck like cattle on the concourse, to dieing on cigarette smoke walking up to the door. Good riddance lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad