NHL Entry Draft: Final Full Mock Draft for June

newdimension

May 18, 2013
My final full mock for the year. It's been a fun ride.

Just some reminders:

- I'm not a scout, nor do I even consider myself a pro on every player. Take any comparison or comment I make lightly. These are all just my opinions. Also, not everyone is going to be a pro or live up to their comparable. To think so would be absolutely batshit insane. I like to keep track of comparisons, though; because it's fun to look back ~4-5 years later and see how right or wrong I was.

- I'm also not 100% on every team's needs. If there's an oversight or whatever, then my bad.

- It's all for fun and written over a period of days over the past week. If there's any errors in the picks or whatever, that's why. There's a lot to keep track of. At the end, I'll include a summary of which team gets.

Round 1

1. Buffalo: Rasmus Dahlin, D
By now, everyone knows he's the surefire number 1. Congrats to the Sabres on winning the big lottery. I'm a Habs fan and was hoping we'd land him. Now I'm terrified of the Sabres as they should be moving up in the rankings within the next few years. Fans should be patient if he isn't an all-star capable player right away; I think with some seasoning and time he could be an elite defender.
Comparison: He's sort of a Drew Doughty/Erik Karlsson/Victor Hedman conglomeration. For me, I've been using the Scott Niedermayer comparison all season long and I think it still fits. He's mobile, has good size, can put up plenty of offense and commandeer the blueline with some leadership qualities, too.

2. Carolina: Andrei Svechnikov, RW
The fact that they don't draft Russians will be thrown out the window when the time comes. They might think about Zadina or even Tkachuk, but that'll be it. Svechnikov is the next best player available and would be an elite partner for Martin Necas.
Comparison: Ilya Kovalchuk-meets-Marian Hossa. A pure dynamic offensive weapon, with an understated two-way game as well. He should be a top 10 offensive scorer in the league.

3. Montreal: Jesperi Kotkaniemi, C
I'm a Habs fan; so ths is going to be long winded.

(a) For the Habs, I think he and Zadina will be within the same tier. As such, because he is younger and plays center, I think they will value him over the sniper, Zadina. I could definitely see them "reaching" for him, which brings me to my next point;
(b) He may not be as much of a "reach" as thought. I could see him definitely being valued within the 5-8 range. I know he was ranked #10 on McKenzie's latest list; but that was written before his breakthrough performance at the U-18 tournament. It wouldn't surprise me if that tourney got him bumped up 2-3 spots.
(c) The Habs don't draft a lot from the Q, which might lead them away from Zadina. They definitely scout from Finland and they seem to be really interested in him. Where there's smoke, there's fire. He definitely fits a need.
(d) I think we're in for a Dubois/Puljujarvi moment, in which the center becomes more sought after than the winger.

It's all about projection though. If, in the end, they feel like projects better than Zadina 5 years on down the road, they could definitely grab him.
Comparison: At top end, I think he could be a Jeff Carter type of goal-scoring center that can score, plays well defensively, works hard and can be a #1 guy (albeit he'd need to keep working on his skating). Otherwise, I think he definitely has a chance to become a Sean Monahan/Sean Couturier type of two-way, top line center.

4. Ottawa: Filip Zadina, RW
With the Habs passing on him, he falls into the Sens's lap. They'd take him and run, feeling he could become a pure sniper for them. Ottawa's taken a liking to drafting from the QMJHL, so it'd be a good fit.
Comparison: James Neal. I think he becomes a horse-like player that can go to the net and score !30 goals per season for his team.

5. Arizona: Brady Tkachuk, LW
From his family connections to Arizona, to his size and grit adding space for their smaller, skilled forwards, Tkachuk seems like a fit for them. Plus they love their Americans, so it'd probably be between him and Wahlstrom; or Hughes, if they want defense. I'll go with them taking the big forward, though.
Comparison: Scott Hartnell. I think he'll have a Hartnell-like career. Basically, someone that'll be a perfect complement to skilled lines, able to go to the hard areas, be a leader on the ice and contribute in many ways.

6. Detroit: Evan Bouchard, D
I'd be willing to bet they go with either Bouchard, Dobson or Hughes in this slot. Some might expect Hughes, especially after the World Championships... but with their usualy inclinations towards OHL guys, I have them going with Bouchard.
Comparison: John Carlson. A guy that gets things done, including putting plenty of shots on net, working the powerplay as a point man, etc.. He still has things to work out, but he's close to making the jump.

7. Vancouver: Noah Dobson, D
If it's true that they really like him, then they jump on him. It'd probably be between Hughes, Dobson and Boqist, with Dobson getting the nod. He'd place less pressure on Juolevi and would jump to the top of their prospects list. He's fresh off an amazing Memorial Cup finals, so they could definitely love his play.
Comparison: Ryan Suter. He has the size, ability to move the puck, shutdown ability, all-around play and big shot as Suter. He profiles as a safe #1 defender.

8. Chicago: Quinn Hughes, D
If he's still here, they'd have to grab him. He'd be the replacement for Duncan Keith, who's regressing. Plus he can learn from Patrick Kane on how to excel at the NHL level despite being undersized.
Comparison: Brian Rafalski. Although I love the comparison of him as "Mat Barzal as a defenseman".

9. New York Rangers: Adam Boqvist, D
The Rangers like drafting from overseas, including Sweden. It'd give them more depth on defense, along with giving them one of the young, more offensive defenseman of the draft. Concussion issues might keep him out of the top 8, but right here seems like a good area to go.
Comparison: Something of a Mike Green-to-Erik Karlsson type of offensive defenseman.

10. Edmonton: Oliver Wahlstrom, RW
Right away, he'd become one of the best shooters on the Oilers roster. One of their issues last year was depth outside of Connor McDavid and he helps fix that. It'd allow them to trade someone like Puljujarvi for defensive help, if possible.
Comparison: Brock Boeser. He's a high-volume shooter that scores and snipes many goals.

11. New York Islanders: Barrett Hayton, C
If -- IF -- Tavares leaves (which I don't think he will), they're going to need center depth in their system. Hayton seems like a guy that Lamoriello would like and it'd be a good fit. Plus a Tavares-Barzal-Hayton lineup down the middle would look great for the Isles.
Comparison: Bryan Little. I'm not sold on him becoming a top end center. His best bet is to become a pretty good middle-six guy that'll play in difficult situations, while also holding his own offensively thanks to his good shot.

12. New York Islanders [from Calgary]: Rasmus Sandin, D
It might be a little high for him; but the Isles could like that he's a teammate of Barrett Hayton. They look for some in-team chemistry; and he's another guy that could be highly thought of by the Islanders/Lamoriello.
Comparison: Andrei Markov. I don't think he'll have the same upside as Markov; but they're similar in that Markov also played a highly positional, smart, puck movement two-way game.

13. Dallas: Rasmus Kupari, C/RW
He's an explosive skater that's grown throughout the year. The Stars have gone to Finland and found success with the draft quite a few times before. I think they'll return there. Ideally, he'd work behind Tyler Seguin in the lineup; or at least be a middle 6 forward.
Comparison: Mika Zibenajad. An inconsistent, but speedy, two-way center-winger that has some good puck skills.

14. Philadelphia (from St. Louis): Joel Farabee, LW
He seems like the exact type of player that the Flyers have been drafting these past few years. He fits their style of play to a tee and would also give them more depth on the wings.
Comparison: Zach Parise. A speedy, two-way, grind it out, playmaking forward that can excel in any role given to him, including in a top 6.

15. Florida: Ty Smith, D
They take the best defender on the board. In this case it's Ty Smith, who drops a few spots due to his lack of size, along with some iffy play in the Top Prospects Game and U18 tournament. Even so, he looked solid all season long and the Panthers could be walking out with a steal.
Comparison: TJ Brodie. An undersized, but incredible mobile two-way defenseman that can bring offense, leadership and defensive ability.

16. Colorado: Vitali Kravtsov, RW
Measuring in at 6'3" at the combine, I'd be surprised if he wasn't picked sooner. The Avs have a few Russians developing in their system, so they don't seem to fear the "Russian factor" as much.
Comparison: Patrick Marleau. A big, speedy winger with high offensive skill and ability.

17. New Jersey: K'Andre Miller, D
Converted from being a forward, he can become a big, mobile, physical defensive defenseman for the Devils's back. They really do need defensive depth and his mobility means he can keep up with their current puck transition style of game.
Comparison: Adam Larsson. A smooth-skating, physical defenseman with great size that can shutdown opponents.

18. Columbus: Jay O'Brien, C
Alright, bear with me.

Yes, he's only played against high school competition. Yes, he's probably a 2nd rounder. That said, the Jackets obviously like him and he reportedly had a good showing at the combine. If they really want him, it's best to pull the trigger on him now; because he's going to be a riser and I'm not sold at him being there halfway through the 2nd round. They need centers and I could see them really loving his two-way, speedy skillset. As it's been said #15-45 looks to be chaotic, so let's imagine this as one of the off-the-board picks. Ideally, he becomes a 2nd line center behind PL Dubois.

It could also be a situation in which they trade back, target O'Brien and pick up an extra pick as well.
Comparison: William Karlsson. I don't know if he'll ever have a season as good as Karlsson had this year; but there are some similarities. He's a speedy, goal scoring center with good two-way ability. It'll be a risky pick; but I think the Jackets would risk it.

19. Philadelphia: Bode Wilde, D
They're going to want to build up their right handed side of defense. I could actually see Wilde falling down... but maybe the Flyers could take a chance on him at this slot.
Comparison: Jake Gardiner. A big offensive defenseman that can sometimes commit some bonehead plays. There's a lot of raw tools in him, though; they'll see what they can get from him.

20. Los Angeles: Serron Noel, RW
They need more scoring from the wing. Noel's a big right winger that can storm to the net and play a power forward's type of game. Standing at 6'5", he's a big boy and he skates well enough for his size. He might fit the Kings system pretty well.
Comparison: Chris Kreider. I'd think of him as a big winger that'll crash the net and go to the hard places to help them score goals.

21. San Jose: Joseph Veleno, C
For some reason, I have a feeling he's going to fall. Maybe not too much, but a bit. That said, he's the type of player that Sharks love to draft. If he lands in their laps, it's a great steal for him.
Comparison: Elias Lindholm. A big two-way center with great speed and plenty of tools and playmaking ability. His ability to score might be questionable, leaving his upside maybe as a 2nd line center.

22. Ottawa [from Pittsburgh]: Ryan Merkley, D
Reports are that he interviewed fairly well at the combine. If so, I could see him remaining in the first round. After they're able to land Zadina earlier, maybe they'd take more of a risk with their next pick. Everything's been stated about him -- from his desire to not play defense; to anger issues; to coachability; and so on -- and it's all whatever. If the Sens feel they can settle him down, they can use Erik Karlsson as a mentor to him to help him get his head into the game and give him pointers on how to succeed as an offensive d-man. If Karlsson even stays around, that is.
Comparison: Shayne Gostisbehere. An extremely mobile, high-risk offensive defenseman that'll act as a rover on the ice, putting up good offensive numbers.

23. Anaheim: Ryan McLeod, C
While his upside may not be high, you never know how he'll turn out. Either way, the Ducks want to add size, speed and skill to their lineup, likely with a preference of center capability. McLeod could be that guy, as he highlights the type of player they normally like. Even if he's just a speedy, 3rd liner, it'd give them a starting point in rebuilding their forward ranks.
Comparison: David Legwand. 6'2", 200+ pound center with excellent reach and mobility that allows him to play a speedy two-way game at both ends of the ice.

24. Minnesota: Akil Thomas, C/RW
He comes across as the type of player the Wild usually like to grab: offensive, some grit and two-way ability. Will he be a center or winger? We'll see. The lone fact that he's capable of playing center though makes him worthy of being taken in this slot.
Comparison: His upside is probably something akin to a Claude Giroux. If he can't match that upside, then maybe something like a Jaden Schwartz. I could see him becoming a top 6, playmaking center-winger with some offensive ability.

25. Toronto: Isac Lundestrom, C
The Leafs need depth at center and they definitely love drafting out of Sweden. He wouldn't need to be their number 1 center; he'd need to focus on solely being a depth guy, which is definitely possible. He's a "safe" type of two-way guy, who might have some underrated offense.
Comparison: Erik Haula. I'm not sure if he'll have a season as good as Haula did this past year; but they're kind of in the same mold. Think of a "safe" 2nd/3rd line center that uses his speed to make plays and produce at both ends of the ice.

26. New York Rangers [from Boston]: Martin Kaut, RW
Even though the heart issue that sent him home from the combine has been reported as something minor, I think it might cost him a few spots in the draft. I think he goes from a top 20 to a bottom of the first type of pick. The Rangers have a multitude of picks throughout the draft, so they can afford the risk.
Comparison: Justin Williams.

27. Chicago [from Nashville]: Ty Dellandrea, C
The Hawks need depth at center, Dellandra would be a solid pick for them at this position. He could become a decent middle 6 type that can work hard, put up points and can be effective in every role given to him. If he put up good numbers on a weak Flint team, he can/should do well with the Hawks.
Comparison: Nazem Kadri. A middle-six type of center that'll play on a PP/PK, bring a two-way game, play with some physicality and can be a leader on the ice.

28. New York Rangers [from Tampa Bay]: Grigori Denisenko, LW/RW
I think he's going to slip a bit in the draft for various reasons. For the Rangers, at this position, it could be a steal. It gives them more offense on the wings and upfront. It'd be hard for them to pass on him if he's still on the board.
Comparison: Jonathan Drouin. Like Drouin, he's a highly skilled, perimeter style of player that can stickhandle with ease and brings pure offense.

29. St. Louis [from Winnipeg]: Dominik Bokk, LW/RW
The Blues go for BPA. They're surprised to be Bokk still on the board and should jump at the opportunity to draft him. He'd give them further offensive depth, something they'd like to address.
Comparison: Phil Kessel. He can come down off the wing with blistering speed and be a dynamic scorer.

30. Detroit [from Vegas]: Jacob Olofsson, C
It'd give the Red Wings another mature, two-way center. He's viewed as a "safer" pick, so it may get him into the first round. It can either give the Wings more depth down the middle; or allow them to shift Rasmussen to wing. Either way, the more options the better.
Comparison: Lars Eller. A safe, smart, two-way center that excels in his own end and can even put up some points. Maybe he battles with some lackadaisical play at times.

31. Washington: Kirill Marchenko,RW
The Russian factor's worked for them so far. They've never been scared to select them, often taking whomever is best on their list. If he's their BPA, then he could be their target.
Comparison: James van Riemsdyk. Like JVR, he's a big power winger that scores goals. Also like JVR, he's not a fleet skater, which is something that needs to be addressed. They'll give him ample developmental time to work on it though.

------
Round 2
------

32. Buffalo: Jonatan Berggren, RW
With how Sweden-centric the Sabres have become, it wouldn't be surprising to see them grab him if he's still on the board. He's a first round talent that drops out solely because of his size.
Comparison: Kevin Fiala. Plays with pure speed and skill, able to burn defenses and be an offensive catalyst in the opponent's end.

33. Detroit [from Ottawa]: Filip Hallander, LW
After measuring in at 6'2" at the combine, I think he might jump up certain lists. They definitely need to add talent on wing, so he could be a target/future goal scorer.
Comparison: TJ Oshie. In short, a player with good hands that can score goals, plays a relentless style and goes to the net.

34. Florida [from Arizona]: Mattias Samuelsson, D
After adding Ty Smith in the first, they hook a much bigger fish. Samuelsson's 6'4" and looks like a future shutdown defenseman. With plenty of talent upfront, they need to start working on their blueline and this is a good start.
Comparison: Mattias Ekholm. Big size, big stick, big shot. He has the potential to be a solid, if not huge, shutdown defender whose shot enables him to keep opposing defenders honest.

35. Montreal: Nicolas Beaudin, D
With Dominique Ducharme on board, he could be high on their list. I think he could be highly sought after in the 2nd round. If they want him, they're going to have to take him now instead of waiting for later.
Comparison: Will Butcher. A defenseman who masks his lack of size with his high hockey IQ and ability; with Kris Letang-like upside.

36. Detroit: Jared McIsaac, D
He might fall into the second. If he does, the Wings could pick him up, thinking he'd go nice with Bouchard, whom they drafted with their first pick. He's been falling throughout the year, so a fall into the 2nd is not out of the question.
Comparison: Luca Sbisa. He can hit, move the puck and occasionally put up some points. His offensive upside didn't really shine through this season, thus right now, he may only be a depth defender.

37. Vancouver: Kevin Bahl, D
Size is still everything in the NHL. I could see teams wanting to add the huge 6'6" shutdown defenseman with decent mobility, thereby propelling him up draft lists. The Canucks could take him here, increasing their defensive depth on the blueline.
Comparison: Nikita Zadorov. Huge, raw specimen that looked good at the Top Prospects Game and Under-18 tournament. It might give him a boost, with teams believing he can be a shutdown guy.

38. Montreal [from Chicago]: Liam Foudy, RW
He destroyed the competition at the combine, displaying his athletic background. Along with that, the latter half of the season he was on fire, had a great u-18 tournament and has blazing speed that's fit for the modern NHL. The Habs have talked about wanting to add speed. They also love players with good conditioning and athleticism. There's also the London connection with Victor Mete. He's similar to Alex Formenton last year in that they play with blazing speed -- and he went in the 30's. I think a repeat is going to happen here.
Comparison: At top end, he's probably something like a Mike Hoffman, who uses his speed to come off the wing and score goals. Michael Grabner or Andreas Athanasiou is another possibility -- a 5-on-5 threat, a goal scorer that owns blazing speed and can tear you up on a PK.

39. New York Rangers: Jack Drury, C
The family ties to his uncle, Chris Drury, are deep within the organization. They actually play a similar type of game and Jack should project to be around the same size. It's more depth for the Rangers, along with some more leadership ability. He's a New York native, too; so it seems like a natural fit.
Comparison: Alex Steen. He's a feisty two-way forward that owns a good shot and will do anything to win.

40. Edmonton: Calen Addison, D
If he's still even here, he'd be perfect for the Oilers. It'd give them someone that can retrieve the puck from their backend and move it up to their forwards, along with giving them a deadly right handed shot from the point on the PP.
Comparison: Ty Barrie. An undersized offensive defenseman.

41. New York Islanders: Jett Woo, D
The Isles are gonna want to build up their defensive core through this draft. Woo's fallen a bit due to concussions and some iffy consistency post-concussions. At this spot, it'd be a nice pickup for them, solidifying their depth on the right side of defense.
Comparison: Francois Beauchemin. Beauchemin, back in the day, wasn't the biggest player on the ice, but could make some big hits, shut opponents down and played a mobile game similar to Woo.

42. Carolina: Benoit-Olivier Groulx, C/LW
They're on record of saying they want to become harder to play against. They could bring him in, since his two-way style of play is exactly that. He may not have the highest offensive upside, making it up with his two-way play and physicality, which could make him interesting for the Canes.
Comparison: Phillip Danault. A guy that'll hustle, block shots, make hits, win draws and do a bit of everything to help your team win games.

43. New York Islanders [from Calgary]: Sean Durzi, D
Durzi attended the Islanders rookie camp last year, so they've had their eye on him. After getting passed on last year, the same won't happen, with the Isles loving his offensive upside and how he turned his game up a notch after being undrafted.
Comparison: Brandon Montour was also undrafted in his draft year, improved his game and is now a solid offensive defenseman at the pro-level.

44. Dallas: Ryan O'Reilly, RW
He's a Texas-born player. With the draft being held in Texas and with the Texas team on the clock, it seems like a good pairing. Plus he has the size and scoring ability from the wing that they're looking for.
Comparison: Nino Neiderreiter. A big, shoot-first power winger who owns a deadly shot.

45. St. Louis: Johnny Tychonick, D
His swiftness from the back would make him a nice pick for the Blues, whose blueline needs a bit more mobility. He might have solid second pairing upside and powerplay skill.
Comparison: Christian Djoos. Speedy, fast and with plenty of mobility. He can work a good transition game.

46. Washington [from Florida]: Nils Lundkvist, D
The Caps add the best defenseman left on the board. Lundkvist has bounced around a little on the board since rising up; he could go literally anywhere from #25-50.
Comparison: Dmitry Orlov. Extremely mobile, two-way defender that can unload a big shot, make plays and carry his own in the defensive end.

47. Colorado: Jake Wise, C
The Avs are in the midst of developing a speedy group that's excellent in transition. Wise is short, which drops him. Although he's a stocky build. The start of his season was ruined by injuries and when he returned, he pasted excellent numbers.
Comparison: Max Domi. Blessed with blistering speed, skill and two-way play, he has the potential to become a top 6 forward.

48. New York Rangers [from New Jersey]: Jakub Lauko, LW/C
The Rangers draft another Czech forward to build around Filip Chytil. He might make a nice speedy complementary type that's great in transition. Reportedly had a good combined, too; which might see him going higher.
Comparison: Kasperi Kapanen. A speedster with some two-way play and scoring ability that could develop into a middle 6 type.

49. Columbus: Alexander Alexeyev, D
The Jackets have scouted Red Deer all season long. It gives them another two-way defenseman, solidifying their blueline depth. The can learn from the Predators model of drafting from the blueline-out.
Comparison: Esa Lindell. An all-around defender that can hit hard, move the puck, has a big shot and stands at an impressive 6'3".

50. Philadelphia: Alexander Khovanov, C/LW
The Flyers have taken a few risks on Russians over the years. Maybe they'd do so again. Illness kind of threw his season in flux, so it's been difficult to get a clear view on his upside. At this point, they give him a shot to see if he has something.
Comparison: Gustav Nyquist. An undersized forward with puck skill and playmaking ability; possibly with some consistency and skating issues.

51. Los Angeles: Jesse Ylonen, RW
The Kings put a lot of faith in their European scouting staff. Ylonen might have been underscouted. If so, it could be a coup for the Kings, who are looking to add speed and skill to their wing.
Comparison: Evgenii Dadonov. An offensive forward with good speed, skill and scoring ability.

52. Toronto [from San Jose]: Niklas Nordgren, LW/RW
They're a team that's now led by an analytics guru. Nordgren's been an analytics darling all season long and had an incredible showing at the u18 tournament. He's a first round level of prospect and it should get him on the Leafs radar.
Comparison: Viktor Arvidsson. Undersized, standing at only 5'9"; but an offensive catalyst and athletic scorer.

53. Pittsburgh: Gabriel Fortier, LW/C
The Pens draft a lot out of the Q. They also love speedy, athletic players. I think Fortier might be a riser if a certain team likes him. He strikes a lot of boxes in what they like about players, so they decide to grab him early.
Comparison: Kyle Palmieri. He plays with a ton of speed off the rush, shoots the puck well and can be a two-way threat.

54. Anaheim: Slava Demin, D
A local California boy gets drafted by his tome team. It's a good story and it also gives the Ducks more depth on their blueline, which has taken a bit of a hit these past few seasons.
Comparison: Calvin de Haan. Mobile, two-way defenseman, whose bread and butter will involved puck-movement and protecting his own end. Capable of putting up some points, too.

55. Arizona [from Minnesota]: Alec Regula, D
They have some glaring holes on their right side of defense and they have connections with the London Knights. They take the big, stay-at-home defenseman whose size has him jumping up the board.
Comparison: Brian Dumoulin. Think of a combination of size, mobility and shutdown ability.

56. Montreal [from Toronto]: Blake McLaughlin, LW/C
The Habs draft a lot from the American developmental systems. He's had a pretty good year and it gives them more offensive firepower upfront. He could be high on their draft board.
Comparison: Jeff Skinner. An offensive winger that's capable of playing center that can be a top 6 offensive forward.

57. Boston: Tyler Madden, C/RW
Having 29+ interviews at the combine usually puts you into first round candidacy. I don't think he goes that far; but a second round choice is possible. They love drafting Americans and they can let him develop in Northeastern University next year, enabling them to watch him closely.
Comparison: Andrew Cogliano. I'm not sold on his offense coming through at the NHL level. That said, he's a hard-working, albeit undersized, forward that plays well at both ends of the ice and has some playmaking skill.

58. Colorado [from Nashville]: Adam Ginning, D
Having excellent size, they could view him as a shutdown type of defenseman that they could potentially pair with Cale Makar/Conor Timmins. He can be the shutdown guy while the other 2 can focus on being two-way and offensive.
Comparison: Brayden McNabb. Standing ~6'4" and with decent skating, he's not a high-impact guy; more of a "stay-at-home" type.

59. Tampa Bay: Aidan Dudas, C/RW
They've never been one to fear the size factor. Plus they like drafting out of the OHL. It seems like a nice fit. Maybe Dudas could get advice on how to succeed as a smaller forward from some of their guys.
Comparison: Tyler Johnson. Short in size, big in talent. These types of guys are always a risk, even if Tampa has hit homeruns with smaller guys.

60. Winnipeg: David Gustafsson, C
They're a little thin on center and on defense. Gustafsson's been a riser all season long; and if he's still here, the Jets would be smart to grab him. They'd only need him to develp into a middle 6 guy at most. He also has the good size that they love to obtain.
Comparison: Victor Rask. A two-way center with an underrated offensive game that also needs to work on his skating ability.

61. Vegas: Jack McBain, C
Even though they've gotten to the finals based on their speed, they're a scouting team that loves to take size. I think McBain might drop due to fears over his offensive upside and consistency. He could become a relatively sound bottom 9 forward some day, if he works out.
Comparison: Brandon Sutter. A two-way center with size that can hit, bring some offense and some smart play.

62. Montreal [from Washington]: Jan Jenik, LW/C
He's one of the youngest players in the draft, meeting the cut-off date by just a few days. They could draft him, let him develop and grow and see what they have over time. He's performed well in tournaments, can play center and has size and skill.
Comparison: Jakob Silfverberg. He's quite young, so his upside still isn't overly clear. Maybe he can become a two-way scoring forward ala Silfverberg, who uses a good shot to put up offense.

------
Round 3
------

63. Minnesota [from Buffalo]: Scott Perunovich, D
The Wild taken local defenseman, Scott Perunovich, who's an overager. He had a great run this year, improving his stock so well that teams cannot pass over him again.
Comparison: Jared Spurgeon. A vastly undersized, smart two-way defenseman that is responsible and can play plenty of minutes.

64. Pittsburgh [from Ottawa]: Jacob Bernard-Docker, D
Their blueline isn't as stacked as it should be. They take Docker, who's been playing in a lesser developmental league, resulting him falling out of the 2nd round. Some believe he has the potential to be a first rounder in a re-draft.
Comparison: Justin Faulk. A defender with a strong lower base that can shoot the puck well, along with handling his own in his own end of the ice.

65. Arizona: Allan McShane, C
He'd be the best center left on the board. They like drafting out of the OHL, with McShane only sliding behind of questionable skating. He might make a nice all-around type with good playmaking ability at the pro level.
Comparison: At top end, he's probably a David Krejci type. If not, a Riley Nash type isn't out of the question.

66. Montreal: Albin Eriksson, LW/RW
I could see them loving his combination of size, speed and shooting ability. He had a solid playoff run and that'd definitely be something that'd pique the interest of the Habs. Not being invited to the U18 team might drop him down some, with the Habs thinking he has really excellent upside as a middle 6 forward.
Comparison: Alex Tuch. He's a big, 6'4" Swedish forward that can really shoot the puck and produce offense. He might suffer inconsistency without a setup man, though.

67. Detroit: Cam Hillis, C
At the combine, he measured in smaller than expected. It might result in a drop. Either way, he's a right-handed playmaking forward. They might want to increase depth down the middle, plus he plays in the OHL. He seems like a solid type.
Comparison: His upside is probably that of Brayden Point, as long as he works on his skating. Otherwise, maybe a Ryan Spooner.

68. Vancouver: Milos Roman, C
The Canucks look to the Vancouver Giants and could draft Milos Roman. He's had some injuries this year that drop him down the draft board. Either way, it gives them a depth center, strengthening that area.
Comparison: Valterri Filpulla. I think he has the potential to become a decent, two-way, playmaking center that can work hard in 3 zones.

69. Chicago: Blade Jenkins, C/LW
He has the potential to play center and wing, bringing a decent power game to the pro level. Right now, his skating may not be great. It's something the Hawks could work on with him.
Comparison: Craig Smith. A goal scoring winger/center that has solid size and the ability to rip home goals.

70. New York Rangers: Axel Andersson, D
Going back to Sweden, they take a modern-style type of defenseman that uses speed and skill to perform at a high level.
Comparison: Nate Schmidt. A prototypical puck-moving defenseman that skates well, moves the puck along and can play in a depth role.

71. Edmonton: Lukas Dostal, G
The Oilers are the first team to grab a goalie. Surprisingly, it's Lukas Dostal, who many feel has even higher upside than someone such as Jakub Skarek. A late season run for the Czechs are the u-18 tournament might pump up his stock.
Comparison: Tuukka Rask. Tall, thinner style of goalie with great athleticism.

72. New York Islanders: Xavier Bernard, D
The Isles grab the big, two-way defender from the QMJHL, which is where they often draft from. He'll give them some size on the backend.
Comparison: Marco Scandella. Two-way defenseman with good size, strength and ability.

73. Arizona [from Carolina]: Olivier Rodrigue, G
They need more goaltender prospects with decent upside in their system. He's looked solid throughout the season, making them hope they've got a decent guy.
Comparison: Corey Crawford. Not a flashy or spectacular guy. More of someone that can get the job done and put up some wins.

74. Arizona [from Calgary]: Curtis Douglas, C
His size could be important to a possession and analytics team such as Arizona. He can help maintain the puck and keep control of it along the boards. Standing almost 6'9", he's a beast of a kid -- something not many teams could boast about having.
Comparison: Martin Haznal. Like I said, he's 6'8" --almost 6'9"-- and size like that can't be grown on trees. It's something teams still love, with the Coyotes hoping he can become a depth center that can do a bit of everything.

75. Dallas: Giovanni Vallati, D
The Stars like drafting out of the OHL. It'd give them more depth on the blueline, shoring up their defense for the future, especially on the left side with Heiskanen also in the fold.
Comparison: David Savard. Mobile, safe and sound defenseman that moves the puck and keeps things simple from the backend.

76. St. Louis: Ty Emberson, D
It gives them more depth on right defense. The also like drafting out of American systems. He seems like a good type for them and might be a decent complementary type of defender.
Comparison: Ron Hainsey. A guy that can move the puck, do a little bit of everything and probably have a long, productive career as a mobile, do-anything defender.

77. Boston [from Florida]: Sampo Ranta, RW/LW
The Bruins need some scoring depth on their wings. Ranta's a pure scorer that can fly down off the wing and puts pucks on net. He's developing in American systems, too; which could intrigue Boston.
Comparison: Brendan Perlini. If Perlini was on another team, he'd probably be good for ~20 goals. I think Ranta could be a similar type: good sized, amazing speed and scoring skills.

78. Colorado: Jakub Skarek, G
The Avs are in need of goaltending. Skarek is thought of as the best goalie in this draft. His inconsistency this season might cause other teams to take another guy. If so, the Avs would love to walk away with him, increasing their depth in net.
Comparison: Frederik Andersen.

79. Anaheim [from New Jersey]: Phillip Kurashev, C/RW
Pure BPA at this point. They'd love his speed and all-around ability. He might have some upside. They've taken players from the Q before; they might be inclined to go back there.
Comparison: Ondrej Palat. Likely becomes a middle 6 two-way forward with some offensive ability.

80. Columbus: Cole Fonstad, LW
They'd be amazed he's lasted this far. His lack of size might be a knock on him. To add to that, he didn't have a great u-18 tournament, which might cause some others to leapfrog him. The Jackets would/should happily take him at this spot.
Comparison: Teuvo Teravainen. He's an undersized playmaking offensive forward. He might have some top 6 upside, slipping only because of his size. Maybe he becomes more of a Mathieu Perreault type if he can't reach his maximum upside.

81. Detroit [from Philadelphia]: Jacob Ragnarsson, D
He's the cousin of Gustav Lindstrom, who was taken by the Red Wings last year. Their might be some family chemistry that's worth looking in to.
Comparison: Markus Nutivaraa. He comes across as a low-maintenance type of two-way player that can do a little bit of everything.

82. Los Angeles: Filip Kral, D
Playing with current Kings draft pick, Jarret Anderson-Dolan probably has him on the Kings' radar. He's put up some good numbers, especially in the analytics department. I could see them reuniting him with JAD.
Comparison: Colin Miller. His game will be about mobility, puck movement, possession and offensive production.

83. Toronto [from San Jose]: Kody Clark, RW
It's only appropriate that the Leafs take Wendel's son. He could compete as a fine energy forward for them in the future.
Comparison: Michael Ferland. He'll grind it out, hit, bring energy and it should allow him to pot some goals and points.

84. Detroit [from Pittsburgh]: Justus Annunnen, G
They have a huge need for goaltenders in their system. They take whomever is the best 'tender left on the board. Annunnen had a good season and could be worthy of a pick in this area.
Comparison: Pekka Rinne is probably his upside. They're even from the same hometown.

85. Anaheim: Johnny Gruden, LW
Thanks to his speed and drive, he has the potential to become a middle-six forward. He's likely a character/depth guy that'll help your team win. With Vegas getting so far because of their speed, it'd be a nod to their type of play.
Comparison: Carl Hagelin. Think of a role playing type with excellent speed to create danger in multiple areas.

86. Minnesota: Alexander Steeves, LW
His lack of size might be troublesome; but he's an interesting package. He can get plenty of shots on net and can be a high volume shooter. He only stands 5'10", though; which knocks him down the board. At this spot, the Wild could take him, hoping they can develop him into a top 9 mini-power forward type.
Comparison: Jake Guentzel is probably a close comparison. He's a guy that isn't big in size, but is able to play an offensive, depth role.

87. Chicago [from Toronto]: Danila Galenyuk, D
A steadying presence on the backend, the Hawks could go to Russia to find some depth for their blueline. He's not your standard type of Russian defender, playing a two-way game with some physicality. He's looked good in international play, it might be an interesting project.
Comparison: Travis Hamonic. He probably plays as a #4-6 type of defenseman that can carry a heavy load, bring some physicality and keep things steady in his own zone.

88. New York Rangers [from Boston]: Martin Fehervary, D
Fehervary's had a good season and it should get him selected within the first 3 rounds. The Rangers could give him a shot with the hopes he becomes a "safe" depth guy.
Comparison: Mark Pysyk. Mostly plays as a "safe" type of defenseman that can skate with the puck, throw some hits and could be a decent depth option.

89. Nashville: Ivan Morozov, C
The Russian factor knocks him down the board. He's looking like a solid bottom 9 type of two-way center with some skill. At this spot, he could be a nice pickup for the Preds, who have struck gold with fallers before (see: Tolvanen).
Comparison: Jared McCann. He has the potential to become a two-way depth center with good defensive smarts, some offensive/shooting ability and overall hockey smarts.

90. Tampa Bay: Bulat Shafigullin, LW
The Bolts love taking chances on Russian talent. He put up excellent numbers this year and some think he could/should be a 2nd round pick, falling only due to lack of views.
Comparison: Something of a Pavel Buchnevich, who also fell in his draft year due to the Russian factor; both of them having plenty of pure skill.

91. Winnipeg: Logan Hutsko, RW
The Jets put a lot of faith in their American scouting. Hutsko was passed over last year after injuries kept him out. He returned this year and came roaring back, putting up really good numbers. He could go surprisingly high if certain scouts really like him.
Comparison: Anthony Beauvillier. An undersized winger with speed, grit, determination and the ability to put up points.

92. Minnesota [from Vegas]: Keegan Karki, G
The Wild go a little off the board and select a hometown goalie. Their goaltending prospects are a little thin in terms of potential starters. They grab him now, liking to go local and believing he has starting potential, albeit a little while down the line.
Comparison: Martin Jones. Another big, tall goaltender with upside.

93. Washington: Riley Sutter, RW/C
If they're looking to add some size and grit to their lineup, Sutter's the perfect candidate. He has the size and two-way ability that'd allow him to crash the front of the net and can even score goals. An excellent playoff run puts him into the third round.
Comparison: Adam Lowry. A two-way type of forward with size that can do a bit of everything, including using grit and skill.

------
Round 4
------

94. Buffalo: Jordan Harris, D
The Sabres add another swift skating defenseman that has some upside as an offensive, puck-moving, two-way type. He's the kind of prospect you take and watch as he develops, hoping for something with good upside.
Comparison: Vince Dunn. A defender that's not huge in size, but is very mobile. He can move with the puck and is good with puck possession.

95. Ottawa: Filip Johansson, D
The Sens take him to give themselves a boost at RHD. They've gone to Sweden for depth defense before. They might want to re-visit that.
Comparison: Jason Demers. Probably more of a stay-at-home, keep it simple type of defenseman that has potential to play in a #4-6 role.

96. Carolina [from Arizona]: Tyler Weiss, LW
They need some speed and skill on their left wing. And hey, look, he's also a native Carolinian. A hometown guy for the 'Canes could make a lot of sense; and could help with the game locally. They can develop him and watch him grow.
Comparison: Bryan Rust. I view him as a speedy forward that's likely a winger at the pro level. He has fantastic speed and can likely be a troublesome speedy forward on a probably 3rd line.

97. Montreal: Kyle Topping, C
He's likely getting underrated by teams; as there seems to be no traction on him at all. That said, he's a BC boy -- and the Habs are known to love their BC kids, drafting quite a few out of the WHL. Topping is a pure center that could join those ranks, with the Habs thinking he has potential to be a middle 6 center down the road. It continues their buildup down the middle.
Comparison: Calle Jarnkrok. A two-way, industrious center with skill and smarts. He has Derek Stepan-like upside, if he can put it all together.

98. Detroit: Adam Mascherin, LW
The Wings need more NHL-ready prospects. Mascherin, who wasn't signed by the Panthers, has re-entered the draft and is likely to be picked up by another team. His shot is at least pro-level, which makes him a worthy re-entry candidate for the Wings.
Comparison: Mike Cammalleri. He may not have the overall upside of Cammalleri, but could possibly become a decent middle 6 forward whose shooting and sniping ability can get him some goals.

99. Vegas [from Vancouver]: Luka Burzan, C/LW
They still have multiple ties to the Brandon Wheat Kings within their front office. In drafting Burzan they'd know exactly what they're getting.
Comparison: Matt Cullen. A speedy, smart two-way forward that can work hard in all 3 zones and use his speed to go end-to-end.

100. Dallas [from Chicago]: Nathan Dunkley, C
The Stars love drafting from the OHL. Dunkley seems like a solid Stars-type of depth player and he'd fit in quite well.
Comparison: Anthony Cirelli. I could see him becoming a depth energy forward, able to crash around in a bottom 6 and create chaos.

101. New York Rangers: Matej Pekar, C/RW
The Rangers go Czech again, taking the playmaking forward with top 9 upside. They can let him develop in American collegiate system, hoping he can work out.
Comparison: Danton Heinen. An offensive, plamaking depth forward with decent size and skill.

102. Montreal [from Edmonton]: Toni Utunen, D
He was a leader of Team Finland at the U18 and has some puck-moving skill and ability. For the Habs, it's a pick for depth and they could genuinely like the game he plays. He might be a sleeper. They could potentially allow him to develop overseas and then see what they've got.
Comparison: Tobias Enstrom. An undersized defenseman that uses his high IQ and smarts to play.

103. New York Islanders: Curtis Hall, C
A strong first half keeps Curtis Hall fairly high on the board, even if his second half wasn't as good. He has potential to be a depth checking center-forward with two-way ability, keeping the Isles built up strongly.
Comparison: Brock Nelson. A guy with plenty of tools, including size, defensive awareness, checking and can score goals.

104. Carolina: Michael Callahan, D
The 'Canes take Callahan, the defensive playing in the American development systems. They like their defenders to have good size and ability. He might be an option for them here.
Comparison: Justin Braun. I think of him as a safe, depth defenseman that can keep things simple, has decent size and can move the puck up the ice.

105. Calgary: Linus Nyman, RW/LW
For some reason he was passed over last year, which was ludicrous because he deserved to be picked then. This year, he boosted his offensive output and exploded. As a result, there's no way he ges passed on again. The Flames deep offensive depth and he'd be a good pickup for their first(!) pick of the draft.
Comparison: Jesper Bratt. Speedy, undersized scorer with skill and determination.

106. Dallas: Semyon der-Arguchintsev, C/LW
Again, Dallas goes back to the OHL, drafting SDA, who plays on a weak Peterborough team. Thankfully, he's shown some skill and good hands and vision. It's a boom-or-bust type of pick, with the Stars obviously hoping for boom.
Comparison: Jiri Hudler. With his hands, vision and size, he might have some upside as a playmaking offensive forward.

107. St. Louis: Osker Back, C
They aim for a center prospect with some size and two-way ability. He might have some upside as a defensive center that can work a two-way game.
Comparison: Kyle Brodziak. Not incredible mobile, he's more of a two-way, shutdown type of center.

108. Calgary [from Florida]: Joey Keane, D
The Flames pick a second straight overager, needing guys that have developing as soon as possible. They hope he can become a speedy puck mover for their blueline.
Comparison: Thomas Hickey. A pure puck-moving defenseman that gets by on good speed.

109. Colorado: Merrick Rippon, D
It's a pick to increase their strength on defense. They figure he could become a mobile, physical defender.
Comparison: Brendan Smith. They'd hope he can be a physical defenseman that can also move the puck along pretty well and be mobile.

110. New Jersey: Samuel Fagemo, RW
Their pick of Jesper Bratt looks to be a good one. They hope to replicate thay by yanking the goal scorer, Fagemo, off the board as well.
Comparison: At the top end, he could possibly be like an Ondrej Kase-- an offensive goal scorer in a depth role.

111. Nashville [from Columbus]: Paul Cotter, LW/C
The Predators usually draft a lot from American systems, taking whomever they deem is best. They could like the speedy, role playing game that Cotter brings.
Comparison: Trevor Lewis. Likely a depth guy at the pro level, he can chip in defensively and offensively.

112. Philadelphia: Wyatte Wylie, D
A strong playoffs has him jumping up the board, landing safely in the 4th round. The Flyers could give him a shot, liking his shutdown ability and puck movement.
Comparison: Dan Girardi. He could become a depth defender that can be a rock on defense, laying out big hits and able to score some offensve.

113. Los Angeles: Jachym Kondelik, C
The Kings are a team that usually love their size. He's one of the biggest boys left on the board, whose injuries knock him down a little.
Comparison: Brian Boyle. As always when you keep going down the list, it's always an "if he makes it situation". In this case, if he makes it, he could become a #3/4 shutdown center with size.

114. San Jose: Spencer Stastney, D
With not too many picks in the draft, they need to make their selections count and take some guys that could be late-round steals or flying under the radar. Stastney's an undersized defenseman that could be a nice project for them to develop.
Comparison: Trevor Daley. Undersized, yet incredible mobile, the Sharks could hope he develops into a Daley-like player able to log a lot of minutes, move the puck and play well allover.

115. Vegas [from Pittsburgh]: Pavel Gogolev, RW
Their game is all about speed. Gogolev is a speedy player on a weak Peterborough team with the ability to score goals. He'd be a good fit here.
Comparison: Anthony Duclair. A speedy skating forward with the ability to snipe goals off the rush that could be getting a little undervalued.

116. Anaheim: Chase Wouters, LW/C
He plays a safe, two-way game with good defensive qualities and overall hockey smarts. His shot can keep opposing defenses honest and he displays excellent positioning.
Comparison: Cody Eakin. He's a hard-working two-way forward that's capable of playing center and wing, sound defensively and able to add some offense.

117. Buffalo [from Minnesota]: Alexis Gravel, G
They badly need more goaltending depth in their system. It wasn't the best season for Gravel, so they can hope he bounces back next year. His size and athletic ability is top notch though, giving them some hope he can turn into something.
Comparison: Steve Mason. Big, strong goalie that catches with his right hand that may face consistency problems.

118. Toronto: Declan Chisholm, D
Feeling like they better start grabbing some defenseman, the Leafs take a local player, which should appease some fans. He struggled at times this year and had some injury issues. The Leafs are willing to look past that, feeling he can regain form next season.
Comparison: Johnny Oduya. I think he becomes a decent-skating defensive defenseman with a good first pass and can move the puck along

119. Boston: Simon Johansson, D
They go for the Swedish defender with a big shot. He's an overager that plays on the right handed side. It's something they need in their organization and they like to at least take a defender or two during drafts.
Comparison: Kevin Connauton. A big, hard-shooting defenseman that might have some depth potential.

120. Chicago [from Nashville]: Ivan Prosvetov, G
They should be well acquainted with Prosvetov, as he shared and took over current Hawks pick, Wouter Peeters's role as starting netminder with Youngstown. That's surely got their eyes on him and they need to build more depth in net, so...
Comparison: Kari Lehtonen. He owns the size of the modern day starting goalie, along with good reflexes and skill. He won't be passed over again this year.

121. Tampa Bay: Ruslan Iskhakov, RW
Undersized and Russian... and available for the Lightning. It's another huge boom or bust grab for the Bolts. He's the perfect type of player to develop within their system.
Comparison: He's like the Russian version of Johnny Gaudreau. Way undersized, but supremely skilled.

122. Montreal [from Winnipeg]: Santeri Salmela, D
For the third time in the draft, the Habs go for a Finn. They need size and physicality on their blueline, Salmela might become a nice shutdown, depth option in the future.
Comparison: Michael Stone. He's a defenseman that moves well, while also owning good gap control and physicality, which enables him to muscles opponents off the puck.

123. Florida [from Vegas]: Olof Lindbom, G
They desperately need to grab the best goalie available. Their current pool isn't overly stock well with guys that have upside. They need to remedy that because Luondo and Reimer don't have too much longer in the NHL.
Comparison: James Reimer. He's another big goaltender that reads plays well, cracks down on rebounds and uses his size to make timely saves.

124. Washington: Nico Gross, D
He's a swift, mobile defenseman who could possibly become a depth guy in the pros. A team could give him a shot, liking the package he can bring.
Comparison: Ben Hutton. He has the potential to become a puck-moving defenseman that can do decent work at both ends of the arena. They have a history of taken a few Swiss players before him; they could go that same route.

------
Round 5
------

125. Buffalo: Liam Kirk, LW
He's been playing in a much lesser league over in England. It's a risk; but they could draft him, let him play in North America and then see what he's got. Meanwhile, he's been a goal scoring machine with decent size wherever he's played. It's one of those 5th round risks that could pay off.
Comparison: Loui Eriksson. Moreso when Loui was a two-way guy with some goal scoring ability. That's if Kirk can even make it, of course.

126. Ottawa: Anderson MacDonald, LW/RW
His skating issues, coupled with his inconsistency, might scared off quite a few teams, resulting in him being one of the guys that drops hard. At this round, with Ottawa's penchant for finding some gems in the Q, it could work.
Comparison: Chris Stewart. An inconsistent power winger that could/should score more often.

127. Philadelphia [from Arizona]: Riley Damiani, RW/C
The want to build a speedy team. Damiani would be a great fit for them. He falls because his size isn't great, especially when you pair it to the type of game that he plays. It could cause him to wear down easier. Even so, the Flyers would be stupid to pass on him at this point.
Comparison: Vladimir Sobotka. I could see him being an energy winger that'll go into the corners, play hard, skate swiftly and play with an edge.

128. Montreal: Jack Perbix, RW/C
Montreal's goes back to their American developmental system, targeting Perbix, who is fresh out of playing high school hockey in Minnesota. He's an athletic guy with playmaking talent. Once you add all those ingredients, it definitely seems like the "Montreal type" of forward. He'll be going to the University of Notre Dame, where freshly-signed Habs forward, Jake Evans, just graduated from. There's a connection there. He's really young, too, making the cut by just a few days; so there's potential for him to grow physically and figuratively.
Comparison: Frans Nielsen could be a comparable for him, I guess. Think of a playmaking forward with two-way skill that'd likely play in a bottom 9 role.

129. Pittsburgh [from Detroit]: Amir Miftakhov, G
Every year, the Pens usually take a goaltender to help maintain depth. This year is the same, after they traded Filip Gustavsson to the Sens, they need somebody to replace him.
Comparison: Juuse Saros. An undersized, but extremely atheltic Russian goalie with starter potential. If he were any bigger, he's probably go a little earlier.

130. Vancouver: Linus Karlsson, LW/C
Some guys in the analytics community really like this kid and feel like he's vastly undervalued. He's a Swede, which they like; and he's shown a good ability to be a two-way goal scorer, or at least contribute on offense. The Canucks hope they got a late round gem with this pick.
Comparison: Artturi Lehkonen is probably a name that matches well with him. A little undervalued in offense, decent size and all-around play that can factor in on offense and can score goals in a depth role.

131. Nashville [from Chicago]: Jack Gorniak, LW/RW
A great athletic performance at the combine should have him jumping up the board. The Preds love taking American forwards, so he could be a nice 5th rounder.
Comparison: Lee Stempniak. Similarities in last name suffixes aside, I think he could become a similar type to Stempniak, in that he becomes a valuable two-way guy with some offense, who can also have a long career due to great conditioning. Granted that's if he can make it; but still.

132. New York Rangers: Cole Krygier, D
The Rangers go with a big, rangy American defenseman that can lay out some hits and use his size pretty well.
Comparison: Brooks Orpik. He's a big, depth defender with good size and physical abilities. You know the type of player you're getting with him.

133. Edmonton: Eric Florchuk, LW/C
Thanks to his speed and smarts, he could have some depth upside, especially if the Oilers give him time to grow. He's skilled enough at both ends of the ice and could have some playmaking skill.
Comparison: Chandler Stephenson. A versatile, depth forward that helps complete a team, who can do a little bit of everything.

134. New York Islanders: Nando Eggenberger, LW
He's dropped due to various issues. They'll hope he can re-work on his form and find his play next season, with the Isles hoping for a steal. If anything, he can become a decent depth addition.
Comparison: Jamie McGinn. He could become a depth forward on an energy line, with the ability to crash and bang and score some goals.

135. Vegas [from Carolina]: Carter Robertson, D
He seems like the type of smart defenseman Vegas would like. Decent at moving the puck and has a two-way upside, mainly as a defensive guy.
Comparison: Trevor van Riemsdyk. A smart, dependable type of defenseman that can move the puck along, while counted on to be decent defensively.

136. New Jersey [from Calgary]: Danila Zhuravylov, D
The Devils haven't been afraid to select a few Russians here and there. With someone that has the upside as Zhuravylov, they'd be all in. The only reason he's in the 5th round is the Russian factor. Otherwise, he'd a top 75 candidate defenseman.
Comparison: Kevin Shattenkirk. He's the prototypical modern style of puck-moving, offensive defenseman, who can make plays, move the puck along and bring offense from the back.

137. Dallas: Jordan Kooy, G
The Stars go for a goalie to keep depth in that area. I know they have Bishop for now, along with some other up and comers; but they'd need the depth. Plus Kooy might have some upside. Give him time and see what he develops as.
Comparison: Carter Hutton. Maybe he's just a back-up; or he doesn't even make the NHL. He's worthy of a pick around this area.

138. St. Louis: Kevin Mandolese, G
Like the Stars before them, the Blues like to take a goalie per draft. They do have some guys coming up; but keeping that area well-developed would be ideal.
Comparison: Cam Talbot. He might have some upside as a lower-tiered starter.He has the size, at least.

139. Florida: Arttu Nevasaari, RW
The Panthers love their Finns. Taking a risk on a guy such as Nevasaari could be a good option. Their best bet is to let him develop overseas and see if he has anything.
Comparison: Joonas Donskoi. An all-around forward with decent skill, speed and offense. Maybe there's upside there.

140. Colorado: Brendan Budy, LW
The Avs are known to look in different areas for talent; in this case, the BCHL. He might get looked over, with the Avs loving to get their hands on him, able to watch him develop closely as he goes to the University of Denver.
Comparison: Kevan Labanc. An undersized, playmaking forward that might have top 9 skill.

141. New Jersey: David Tendeck, G
The Devils get in on the goalie game. They need more guys with upside in their system. Tendeck looked good this season, put up nice numbers and could have starting/backup potential.
Comparison: Phillipp Grubauer. An thin, average-sized goalie that isn't a "huge" guy and has some athletic appeal, along with good puck-stopping ability. Craig Anderson is probably his pure upside.

142. Chicago [from Columbus]: Jack Randl, LW
The Hawks usually like drafting a few local players. Maybe he can become an offensive depth forward some day.
Comparison: Kris Versteeg. Versteeg cut a career out of being a depth player with some offense, despite not having a ton of size.

143. Philadelphia: Yegor Sokolov, RW/LW
They aim their sights at the big Russian winger, hoping his size alone can get him into the big leagues.
Comparison: Dmitrij Jaskin. A big power winger that isn't the world's best skater. He can get shots on goal and be a potential depth, probable 3/4th line option.

144. Los Angeles: Bryce Brodzinski, RW
Like older brother, Jonny, he gets taken in the 5th round by the LA Kings. It'd potentially give him incentive to succeed and follow in his brother's path.
Comparison: Jonny Brodzinski. It's an easy comparison to make. They can both score goals and bring some versatility to the game.

145. San Jose: Michael Kesselring, D
The Sharks like taking sizeable players that have a lot of tools and raw ability. Adding a player like that to their blueline might be a nice pick. He attended the combine and should catch the eyes of some teams for his size alone.
Comparison: Nick Holden. Big, 6'4" defenseman that can move the puck and displays two-way ability.

146. Pittsburgh: Justin Almeida, C/LW
He seems like the type of late round grab the Pens could love. He's an overager that's not the biggest, whom had huge offensive outburst this past season after being passed over. He definitely has the speed the Penguins love in their players.
Comparison: At top end, he's probably a Jonathan Marchessault-like talent; and that'd be a big if. Maybe more of a Jordan Weal type, which is still fine.

147. Anaheim: Caleb Everett, D
The Ducks add another defender, making sure to keep themselves strong in that regard. He's a nice mid-round pickup.
Comparison: Danny Dekeyser. Likely a depth guy at the pro level; with some size, physicality and two-way prowess.

148. Minnesota: Kristian Tanus, LW/C
He had a late coming out show at the u-18 tournament. Going for skill over size, they snatch him off the board, liking what he could bring.
Comparison: Denis Malgin. Tiny, skilled forward with a lot of offensive skill. His size is going to be a drawback and may keep him from making the jump.

149. Toronto: Tyler Tucker, D
They add the physical Barrie Colts defenseman, going local once again. They could feel he has the potential to be a shutdown depth guy.
Comparison: Mark Borowiecki. Physical, shutdown defenseman that'll stick up for teammates, hit hard and be a leader on the ice.

150. Winnipeg [from Boston]: Carl Wassenius, C/LW
He absolutely has the size the Jets love in their players. They pick him up, needing him to only work on becoming a depth forward, which might be attainable.
Comparison: Carl Soderberg. If he makes it, he could become a depth forward with size and some okay skill, excelling in a bottom 6 role.

151. Nashville: Dmitri Zavgorodniy, LW/RW
Grabbing another faller, the Preds latch on to Zavgorodniy, hoping for a steal. I can see his lack of size, inconsistency and the Russian factor being a detriment to teams, resulting in his fall.
Comparison: Yanni Gourde. At his best, he's like Gourde, in that he's an energetic, undersized player with scoring ability.

152. Tampa Bay: Vladislav Syomin, D
The Lightning go Russian again, selecting the big, physical defenseman. As an overager, he's a physical, hitting machine on the backend. He seems like the type that Tampa Bay would like.
Comparison: Luke Schenn. Physical shutdown defenseman with excellent size and strength.

153. Winnipeg: Jack Lagerstrom, D
Their American scouting staff goes to work again as they target the big, hard-shooting defenseman. He's going to be a longterm project, hopefully giving them depth on RHD.
Comparison: Cody Franson. A big, strong defenseman that owns a hard shot from the point that enables him to put up goals.

154. Vegas: Adam Samuelsson, D
They like to have guys with size on their blueline. This is Ulf's kid, so they could hope he can bring the same amount of physicality and versatility as his dad.
Comparison: Andrej Sustr. A huge defenseman with skating issues, who tries to make up for that with physicality and strength.

155. Minnesota [from Washington]: Jacob Pivonka, C
The Wild would hope he can replicate his dad's success. It gives them more depth down the middle. He brings a ton of versatility and they usually like to pick Americans.
Comparison: Dominic Moore. A speedy, two-way center whose offensive hasn't come along as well as the rest of his abilities.

------
Round 6
------

156. Buffalo: Akira Schmid, G
The Sabres take a second goalie, hoping it'd work out for them in the long run. He's a big Swiss netminder that might have some upside based on his size and agility.
Comparison: Darcy Kuemper. The usual type of big goalie, complete with athleticism.

157. Ottawa: Luke Henman, C
A breakout performance in the playoffs gets him drafted. With a lot of eyes set in the Q, they might take a shot at him, feeling he could become a nice depth offensive forward.
Comparison: Derek Ryan. Maybe he's a depth guy with some offense at the pro level that could shift between the AHL and depth duties.

158. Arizona: Yegor Sharangovich, C
After a solid showing at the World Junior Champions, along with the under-18 tournament, he could be on the draft boards of certain teams. He has good size and a big stick, making him a possible depth center at the professional level.
Comparison: Artem Anisimov. I don't think he has the offensive upside as Anisimov; he could be a depth, two-way type though. As always, it's a projection and there's no telling if he'll even make it. That said, for a team such as Arizona, taking more overage bodies might be a smart move.

159. Detroit [from Montreal]: Tristen Nielsen, LW/C
The Wings love their character guys. His late-season surge should get him drafted, despite being a little smaller than most others.
Comparison: His upside is probably something along an Andrew Shaw type.

160. Detroit: Jacob Ingham, G
With their goalie prospects pretty slim, they can afford to take a 2nd goalie due to owning plenty of draft picks. He regressed a little this year, which was tough for him. That said, there's always the chance of a bounceback season to get him back on track. Worth it.
Comparison: Ondrej Pavelec. I could see him being like a Pavelec: a little inconsistent in his play, albeit with the reflexes and ability to make some good saves.

161. Vancouver: Ryan Chyzowski, LW
His father was an NHL'er and he projects to at least become a depth player with versatility to help win games. For Vancouver, it's important to take players that'll fill out all kinds of roles; he'd be that kind of guy.
Comparison: If he makes it, he could be similar to a Jordan Martinook. Basically, a guy that can go to the net, playing an "old school" type of game, be physical and brings plenty of versatility.

162. Chicago: Riley Stotts, C
We know the Hawks scout the WHL. They'd be aware of Stotts's late-season breakout and would be surprised he's still on the board.
Comparison: Matt Stajan. He could become a complete two-way center with speed and smarts. For a 6th rounder, it'd be a plus.

163. New York Rangers: Kristian Reichel, C
His father player a few seasons with the Islanders, which would make things interesting. It's another Czech player to join their already drafted crop. He might make a depth center/4th line center role some day.
Comparison: PE Bellemare. He's an overager; but I see him potentially as a depth/4th line forward some day.

164. Edmonton: Anton Malyshev, D
It's another right-handed shot. Despite not being the biggest, he's a strong Russian defender that hits hard and provides leadership.
Comparison: Radko Gudas. Physical, stocky and can also provide a small portion of offense. More of a shutdown type, though, in my opinion.

165. Los Angeles [from New York Islander]: Max Paddock, G
His performance at the Memorial Cup could get him drafted alone. He's got decent tools and size; maybe he's worth something.
Comparison: Brian Elliott. He could become a goalie that runs hot and cold; and when he's hot, he can really shut the pipes.

166. Carolina: Veini Vehvilainen, G
After years of going undrafted, the Hurricanes finally sweep in and grab him. Because he's a triple overager, the could likely step in as a pro right away, even placing him in the AHL if need be. Their depth in goal is pretty woebegotten and they're gonna need warm bodies to stop the bleeding.
Comparison: Jaroslav Halak. He's a goalie that probably should/could have been drafted years ago. He puts up good numbers. Maybe this is his year.

167. Calgary: Jared Moe, G
The Flames are another team whose goalie depth is far less than ideal. Moe's beeing playing in the USHL, resulting in possibly getting less views. He legit has some starter upside, it's all a matter on if he'll reach it or not; as he has some pretty nice tools and size.
Comparison: Chad Johnson. An excellent playoff run gets him drafted. There's still questionable upside; but if he can develop into a backup ala Chad Johnson, it'd still be pretty good. It's difficult to rate goaltenders at this stage, so I'll leave it at that.

168. Dallas: Patrick Giles, RW/C
He's a big versatile American forward that can play wing or center. If he were to make it, it'd likely be in a depth role. Dallas could give him a shot to bolster their forward ranks.
Comparison: Jujar Khaira. He'd likely develop into a bottom 6 forward if he makes it; likely as a guy with good size and reach that can play along the boards and retrieve pucks.

169. St. Louis: Gavin Hain, C/LW
The Blues would be able to watch he and Johnny Tychonick develop together at the University of North Dakota. He might be able to develop into a useful forward at the professional level as a depth guy.
Comparison: Scottie Upshall. If he were to make it, it'd probably be in a depth role, ala Upshall. If he becomes an NHL'er, he could be a guy that makes a living as a role player.

170. Florida: Nathan Smith, LW/RW
He's a kid from Florida that's shown steady improvement over since being passed over the first time. His upside is probably as a depth player that can chip in some offense with decent speed.
Comparison: Tobias Rieder. An all-around depth winger that can do a bit of everything.

171. Colorado: Grigoriy Dronov, D
The Avs draft him to go along with Kravtsov. Standing 6'3", he has some physicality, skating, size and two-way ability. He's an overager that's probably soon ready to be a pro. If they can get him to come over, it'd be a plus.
Comparison: Klas Dahlbeck. I could see him being a Dahlbeck type if he were to make it. A depth defender with some punch in his game, also able to contribute in multiple ways.

172. New Jersey: Radim Salda, D
The Devils pickup the overage physical defenseman, believing he's add depth to their blueline. He's closer to becoming a contributor and is able to block shots, produce offense and nail opponents with strong hits.
Comparison: Roman Polak. He's a rough and tumble Czech defenseman that produces versatility and good defensive skill.

173. Columbus: Joel Hofer, G
Blessed with excellent size, standing at 6'3", he has the height you'd want from the monder day goaltender. They tend to draft a goaltender late, just to make sure they remain stocked.
Comparison: Michael Hutchinson. I'm not quite sure of his upside. But considering his size and height, maybe he's a Michael Hutchinson type. Like I said before in another entry, it's incredibly hard to judge/rate goaltenders at this stage. A guy you draft in the 6th/7th round could turn out to be 100x more elite than someone you'd draft in the 2nd/3rd round.

174. Philadelphia: Jeremy McKenna, RW
He's another re-entry that was passed over last year. I doubt it'll happen again. Despite his size, I'd draft him and give him time, seeing how he develops. He could be a late-bloomer; which, considered his offensive output last year, could be true.
Comparison: Sven Andrighetto. Even if he becomes a depth scorer, it'd be a nice pickup.

175. Los Angeles: Johan Sodergran, LW
They'd probably refer back to their European scouting again with this pick. With his excellent speed and size, he can rush off the wing and deliver havoc in a depth role.
Comparison: If he were to ever make it, I could see him becoming similar to a Jason Chimera. In other words, a depth guy with plenty of speed and some size that causes trouble for opponents.

176. San Jose: Oliver Okuliar, LW
He's a gritty, fast, offensive winger that's torn up the Slovakian league. It may not be a "major" minor league; but it's something else. If isn't gone before, the Sharks would definitely love to add him.
Comparison: Miles Wood. Fast, gritty and skilled forward.

177. Pittsburgh: Jacob Schmidt-Svejstrup. RW
This Danish goal scorer has been developing in the USHL. He's an overager that had a breakthrough year year in terms of goal scoring production.
Comparison: Benoit Pouliot. JSS has potential to be a depth goal scorer, who can use his size well to help in that area.

178. Anaheim: Dennis Busby, D
He's in a sort of similar situation to Josh Mahura in his draft year -- injuries only putting him in a handful of games. Mahura bounced back and has looked like an excellent prospect. They could go the same route here with Busby. It's a risky, boom or bust type.
Comparison: Michal Kempny. Consider him another mobile, two-way game, if he ever properly recovers from injuries.

179. Minnesota: Colin Schmidt, C
I mean go underrated; but there's a lot of potential with his size. He's a native of Minnesota; you can bet the Wild have their eyes on him.
Comparison: Joe Colborne. Standing around 6'4"/6'5", his game is all about potential and if he can ever reach it. Teams love size, so I think he's getting drafted -- it just depends on the round.

]b]180. Vegas [from Toronto]:[/b] Vladislav Kotkov, LW/RW
Vegas's head scout loves size. He could be a decent late-round gamble, having some scoring ability and upside to work with.
Comparison: Patrick Maroon. A big power winger that has the potential to be a depth, complementary goal scorer at the pro level.

181. Boston: Erik Portilio, G
He's a monstrous kid that stands 6'6". To say that he has the size of the modern goalie would be an understatement. Boston will probably take a goalie late just to make sure they have good depth.
Comparison: Anders Nilsson. Another huge goalie that can start a few games. He's a longterm project.

182. San Jose [from Vegas]: Jack Deboer, LW/C
He's the coach's son. What more could you ask for? He's worthy of a pick this late, too. He has size, played on the national team and is going to a good program. Let's see how he develops.
Comparison: Logan Shaw. If he makes it, he could become a big bodied forward in a depth role that'll take part on bottom lines.

183. Tampa Bay: Mitchell Hoelscher, C/LW
They grab the for energetic center-winger that plays with a jump. He seems like the type that'd fit in well on an energy line.
Comparison: Cedric Paquette. Maybe not a huge scorer...more of a guy that you put in a depth role and put on the ice to bring some energy to the game.

184. Winnipeg: Ben Kraws, G
They could try to replicate their Hellebuyck pick by going to an American goalie playing in a lesser league.
Comparison: Petr Mrazek. Seems like an athletic goalie with some possible upside. Not the biggest, either. He'd be a long, longterm project.

185. Vegas: Jacob Semik, D
The Golden Knights could draft the American puck-mover. He'd fit well with their style of play at least.
Comparison: Joe Morrow. A defenseman that moves the puck and creates offense, albeit with some havoc in their own zone.

186. Washington: Adam McCormick, D
Not the biggest defenseman, he seems like the type of puck-mover that the Caps like. He put up decent numbers in the Q and has plenty of character to boot.
Comparison: Andy Greene. Smooth-skating depth defenseman who isn't the biggest, but gets by on his smarts.

------
Round 7
------

187. Buffalo: Jackson Leppard, LW
For a 7th rounder, you're getting perfect value with him. He could make it as a bottom 6 physical player.
Comparison: Nicolas Deslauriers. If he ever makes it, he could become a hard-hitting depth forward and role player.

188. Ottawa: Marcus Westfalt, LW/C
The Sens like drafting some big Swedes late in the drafting, hoping that there's a hidden gem ortwo. Westfalt could have potential as a bottom 6 type. It's worth a shot.
Comparison: Jay Beagle.

189. Arizona: Emil Oksanen, RW
After being passed over last year, Arizona might be inclined to draft him. Afterall, with a late round pick, you're trying to find some gems. Maybe he's interest them.
Comparison: Teemu Pulkkinnen. He's kind of in the Pulkinnen mould -- very boom or bust (Pulkinnen busted). But if he were to boom, he'd be a pretty nice scorer.

190. Detroit [from Montreal]: Nikolai Kovalenko, RW
The Wings shoot for late-round skill from Russia, taking the son of Andrei Kovalenko. They could see how he develops, hoping they've found a late round steal.
Comparison: Tomas Tatar. A shorter fireplug on the ice. He's got good skill and some tenacity.

191. Detroit: Xavier Bouchard, D
The Q defender still needs to work on his game, especially his skating. He has good size, though; which makes him an intriguing late round gamble.
Comparison: Ben Chiarot. The typical big blueliner that uses his size to defend.

192. Vancouver: Karel Plasek, LW/RW
They took a late-round flyer on Lukas Jasek a few years ago and he's looked decent enough for a depth role contract in the AHL. The could go back there again.
Comparison: Scott Wilson. Likely a depth type with some offense and versatility in his game.

193. Chicago: Jonathan Mor, G
He's a goalie from Illinois. They could take a late round risk with him, seeing if he any upside. They'll want to keep their depth in net stocked tight.
Comparison: Scott Wedgewood. A depth goalie with decent size and athleticism. Likely a longterm developmental project.

194. Ottawa [from New York Rangers]: Joel Teasdale, LW
Probably should have been drafted last year. With his improved play, along with his playoff performance, he could be a late round pickup.
Comparison: Daniel Carr. He may have some scoring ability in a depth, tenacious role.

195. Edmonton: Billy Moskal, C
He's been a guy that's jumping up draft lists. If he's still here in the 7th, they'd be smart to grab him.
Comparison: Casey Cizikas. I view him as an energetic center that could play in a 4th line role.

196. New York Islanders: Zachary Bouthillier, G
He's not the largest of the goalies in the draft, but they could be willing to give him a shot at this part of the draft. They draft a lot from the Q; it wouldn't surprise me if they grabbed him late.
Comparison: Aaron Dell. A goalie prospect that isn't the biggest, but battles throughout his career to get playing time.

197. Carolina: Jack Jensen, LW
They take a chance on Jensen, who's still fairly young and developing in the American collegiate ranks. It's good value for the final round.
Comparison: Devin Shore. A versatile depth forth with a solid core that can do a bit of scoring.

198. Calgary: Yegor Zamula, D
This pick is all about his size. It gives them more depth on their blueline.
Comparison: Robert Bortuzzo. A large, physical depth defender.

199. Dallas: Christian Krygier, D
The other Krygier brother could get scooped off the board by the Stars, who've taken some players from the American systems before. He's got the size teams like and is a physical guy. He might be worth a late pick.
Comparison: Adam McQuaid. Physical defenseman that can move the puck and hit hard. Likely a depth guy if he were to ever make it.

200. St. Louis: Seth Barton, D
He was invited to the combine, so it'd surprise me if he wasn't drafted. He'd be worthy of a late pick.
Comparison: Greg Pateryn. Mobile, yet calm and sometimes physical defenseman that could be a depth guy.

201. Florida: Matthew Struthers, C
It'd be difficult to see the power center go undrafted. I think some team takes a shot on him, possibly late.
Comparison: Nic Dowd. A depth center with size. A good pickup for a team that wants to retain strength down the middle.

202. Colorado: Lukas Wernblom, LW/C
This Swede has looked pretty decent and skilled. His main problem is lack of size and inconsistency. Taking him right now is a risk worth taking.
Comparison: Alex Kerfoot. An undersized forward that has the potential to make plays as a high level.

203. New Jersey: Marc del Gaizo, D
He's a Jersey-born defenseman that has excellent speed and smarts. His main problem is his lack of size; and if he were any bigger, he'd probably be drafted higher.
Comparison: John-Michael Liles. An undersized puck moving defenseman with potent offense from his ability to skate with the puck.

204. Columbus: Nicolas Guay, C
An energetic center from the QMJHL. I'm not sure how much upside he has, but he could be a good depth guy that fits well on an energy line if he were to make it.
Comparison: Gemel Smith. A smaller forward with good skating ability that can do a bit of everything.

205. Philadelphia: Tim Berni, D
If the Swiss defender is drafted, he might become a depth defender that could help move the puck along. He's probably a depth guy at most, but still worthy of a pick, in my opinion.
Comparison: Matt Irwin. A mobile defender that moves the puck along and helps in transition.

206. Tampa Bay [from Los Angeles]: Justin Ducharme, RW
An excellent playoff run that helped Acadie-Bathurst win the Memorial Cup could get him noticed. The Bolts have taken a few risks on QMJHL players.
Comparison: Tommy Wingels. If he makes the NHL, I could see him being a depth forward with some versatility and strong base.

207. San Jose: Marcus Karlberg, LW/RW
His lack of size will push him down the board. If he's even drafted, the team that gets will likely feel he's a longterm investment.
Comparison: Andreas Johnsson. Another undersized forward with offensive creativity, whose lack of size knocks him down the draft board.

208. Pittsburgh: Jacob Tortora, LW
He probably should have been selected last year. He has skill and talent, but is undersized, which is something the Pens have been okay with.
Comparison: Tyler Ennis. It's another undersized forward with good offensive IQ that the Penguins can work with.

209. Toronto [from Anaheim]: Mac Hollowell, D
The Leafs have drafted an overager or two before. After Hollowell's solid playoff campaign, they could do so again.
Comparison: David Warsofsky. Think of a smaller defenseman with really great mobility. Thanks to be a D+1, he should be able to step in sooner than later.

210. Minnesota: Sean Comrie, D
This puck mover puck up decent numbers playing in the BCHL. He'll be going to the University of Denver next year, so they can track his progress from there.
Comparison: Mike Reilly. A mobile defender that works well on transitioning the puck up the ice.

211. Toronto: Jerry Turkulainen, RW
He was invited to their prospect camp last year, so they've definitely seen him. He has talent... but is woefully undersized, standing at only 5'7".
Comparison: Like Petrus Palmu last year, it's hard to find a direct comparable because of his height. Maybe he's similar to a Conor Sheary, who's only 5'8" and has produced reasonably well with the Pens.

212. Boston: Austin Wong, C
Standing only 5'11", his stat line reads as follows: 55 games - 25 goals - 29 assists - 235(!) penalty minutes. The Bruins love their players that can be physical.
Comparison: Zac Rinaldo. He's a physical buzzsaw of a forward, able to unload with big hits, agitate and bring an overall versatile game to the ice.

213. Nashville: Lenni Killinen, RW
He has good size and speed, but has some issues that still ned to be worked on. For a 7th rounder, it's a nice depth pick.
Comparison: Magnus Paajarvi. A role playing forward with size and blistering speed.

214. Tampa Bay: Jett Alexander, G
Tampa aims for a depth goalie to work in their system. He's a bit of an outsider, but has good size and put up good numbers in the OJHL.
Comparison: Mike Smith. He's a depth goalie with some decent puck skills. If he works out, then fine; if not, then it's still just a 7th rounder.

215. Winnipeg: Ondrej Buchtela, D
A long-ranger puck moving defenseman that plays on the right hand side. It keeps that area well-maintained at minimum.
Comparison: Andreas Borgman. Puck-moving Czech defenseman that keeps the play moving and might have a little upside as a depth guy.

216. Carolina [from Vegas]: Severi Lahtinen, RW/LW
We know they like to keep their eye on Finnish talent. He's a D+1 forward that put up nice numbers this year. Absolutely worthy of a late pick.
Comparison: Tomas Fleischmann. He's a sneaky offensive winger that can setup plays and add offense in a depth role. For a 7th rounder, you probably couldn't do any better.

217. Washington: Adam Gajarsky, RW
An energetic Czech forward is my "Mr. Irrelevant" -- aka last person drafted.
Comparison: Drake Caggiula. A forward that isn't huge in size or a huge offensive producer. More of an energetic type that skates well, plays with versatility and could be a 3/4th liner, if he makes it.

---------

Some noteworthy guys that went undrafted for my mock:

- Mathias Emilio Pettersson: Some team might give him a late pick. He just falls short for me.

- Dawson Barteaux: A depth defender type that could very well go if a team likes him.

- Miska Kukkonen: I wonder if he's been viewed enough by teams. If a team's Euro scouting likes him, he'd be a pick, I'd think.

- Conor Dewar: Energetic, two-way overager could be a late pick. He's put up good numbers. He just falls out for me. Probably a decent free agent signing for some team if he goes undrafted.

- Alexander Romanov: The Russian factor might strike here.

- Demetrios Koumontzsis: Probably a type that goes undrafted, has a good year and then gets drafted next year.

- Angus Crookshank: See: Koumontzsis.

- Damien Giroux: Late season inconsistency could scare off some teams, along with his size. Maybe he's a re-entry draft next season.

---------

SUMMARY:

Anaheim:
23. Ryan McLeod, C
54. Slava Demin, D
79. Phillip Kurashev, C/RW
85. Johnny Gruden, LW
116. Chase Wouters, LW/C
147. Caleb Everett, D
178. Dennis Busby, D

Arizona:
5. Brady Tkachuk, LW
55. Alec Regula, D
65. Allan McShane, C
73. Olivier Rodrigue, G
74. Curtis Douglas, C
150. Yegor Sharangovich, C
189. Emil Oksanen, RW

Boston:
57. Tyler Madden, RW/C
77. Sampo Ranta, RW/LW
119. Simon Johansson, D
181. Erik Portilio, G
212. Austin Wong, C

Buffalo:
1. Rasmus Dahlin, D
32. Jonatan Berggren, RW
94. Jordan Harris, D
117. Alexis Gravel, G
125. Liam Kirk, LW
156. Akira Schmid, G
187. Jackson Leppard, LW

Calgary:
105. Linus Nyman, RW/LW
108. Joey Keane, D
167. Jared Moe, G
198. Yegor Zamula, D

Carolina:
2. Andrei Svechnikov, RW
42. Benoit-Olivier Groulx, C/LW
96. Tyler Weiss, LW
104. Michael Callahan, D
166. Veini Vehvilainen, G
197. Jack Jensen, LW
216. Severi Lahtinen, RW/LW

Chicago:
8. Quinn Hughes, D
27. Ty Dellandrea, C
69. Blade Jenkins, LW/C
87. Danila Galenyuk, D
120. Ivan Prosvetov, G
142. Jack Randl, LW
162. Riley Stotts, C
193. Jonathan Mor, G

Colorado:
16. Vitali Kravtsov, RW
47. Jake Wise, C
58. Adam Ginning, D
78. Jakub Skarek, G
109. Merrick Rippon, D
140. Brendan Budy, LW
171. Grigoriy Dronov, D
202. Lukas Wernblom, LW

Columbus:
18. Jay O'Brien, C
49. Alexander Alexeyev, D
80. Cole Fonstad, LW
173. Joel Hofer, G
204. Nicolas Guay, C

Dallas:
13. Rasmus Kupari, C/RW
44. Ryan O'Reilly, RW
75. Giovanni Vallati, D
100. Nathan Dunkley, C
106. Semyon der-Arguchintsev, C/LW
137. Jordan Kooy, G
168. Patrick Giles, RW
199. Christian Krygier, D

Detroit:
6. Evan Bouchard, D
30. Jacob Olofsson, C
33. Filip Hallander, LW
36. Jared McIsaac, D
67. Cam Hillis, C
81. Jacob Ragnarsson, D
84. Justus Annunnen, G
98. Adam Mascherin, LW
159. Tristen Nielsen, LW/C
160. Jacob Ingham, G
190. Nikolai Kovalenko, RW
191. Xavier Bouchard, D

Edmonton:
10. Oliver Wahlstrom, RW
40. Calen Addison, D
71. Lukas Dostal, G
133. Eric Florchuk, LW/C
164. Anton Malyshev, D
195. Billy Moskal, C

Florida:
15. Ty Smith, D
34. Mattias Samuelsson, D
123. Olof Lindbom, G
139. Arttu Nevasaari, RW
170. Nathan Smith, RW
201. Matthew Struthers, C

Los Angeles:
20. Serron Noel, RW
51. Jesse Ylonen, RW
82. Filip Kral, D
113. Jachym Kondelik, C
144. Bryce Brodzinski, RW
165. Max Paddock, G
175. Johan Sodergran, LW

Minnesota:
24. Akil Thomas, C/RW
63. Scott Perunovich, D
86. Alex Steeves, LW
92. Keegan Karki, G
148. Kristian Tanus, LW
155. Jacob Pivonka, C
179. Colin Schmidt, C
210. Sean Comrie, D

Montreal:
3. Jesperi Kotkaniemi, C
35. Nicolas Beaudin, D
38. Liam Foudy, RW
56. Blake McLaughlin, LW
62. Jan Jenik, LW
66. Albin Eriksson, LW/RW
97. Kyle Topping, C
102. Toni Utunen, D
122. Santeri Salmela, D
128. Jack Perbix, RW/C

Nashville:
89. Ivan Morozov, C
111. Paul Cotter, LW
131. Jack Gorniak, LW/RW
151. Dmitri Zavgorodniy, LW/RW
213. Lenni Killinen, RW

New Jersey:
17. K'Andre Miller, D
120. Samuel Fagemo, RW
136. Danila Zhuravylov, D
141. David Tendeck, G
172. Radim Salda, D
203. Marc del Gaizo, D

New York Islanders:
11. Barrett Hayton, C
12. Rasmus Sandin, D
41. Jett Woo, D
43. Sean Durzi, D
72. Xavier Bernard, D
103. Curtis Hall, C
134. Nando Eggenberger, LW
196. Zachary Bouthillier, G

New York Rangers:
9. Adam Boqvist, D
26. Martin Kaut, RW
28. Grigori Denisenko, LW/RW
39. Jack Drury, C
48. Jakub Lauko, LW/C
70. Axel Andersson, D
88. Martin Fehervary, D
101. Matej Pekar, RW/C
132. Cole Krygier, D
163. Kristian Reichel, C

Ottawa:
4. Filip Zadina, RW
22. Ryan Merkley, D
95. Filip Johansson, D
126. Anderson MacDonald, LW/RW
157. Luke Henman, C
188. Marcus Westfalt, LW
194. Joel Teasdale, LW

Philadelphia:
14. Joel Farabee, LW
19. Bode Wilde, D
50. Alexander Khovanov, C/LW
112. Wyatte Wylie, D
127. Riley Damiani, RW
143. Yegor Sokolov, RW/LW
174. Jeremy McKenna, RW
205. Tim Berni, D

Pittsburgh:
53. Gabriel Fortier, LW
64. Jacob Bernard-Docker, D
129. Amir Miftakhov, G
146. Justin Almeida, C/LW
177. Jacob Schmdt-Svejstrup, RW
208. Jacob Tortora, LW

San Jose:
21. Joseph Veleno, C
114. Spencer Stastney, D
145. Michael Kesselring, D
176. Oliver Okuliar, LW
182. Jack Deboer, LW
207. Marcus Karlberg, LW/RW

St. Louis:
29. Dominik Bokk, RW
45. Johnny Tychonick, D
76. Ty Emberson, D
107 Oscar Back, C
138. Kevin Mandolese, G
169. Gavin Hain, C/LW
200. Seth Barton, D

Tampa Bay:
59. Aidan Dudas, RW/C
90. Bulat Shafigullin, LW
121. Ruslan Iskhakov, RW
152. Vladislav Syomin, D
183. Mitchell Hoelscher, LW/C
206. Justin Ducharme, RW
214. Jett Alexander, G

Toronto:
25. Isac Lundestrom, C
52. Niklas Nordgren, LW/RW
83. Kody Clark, RW
118. Declan Chisholm, D
149. Tyler Tucker, D
209. Mac Hollowell, D
211. Jerry Turkulainen, RW

Vancouver:
7. Noah Dobson, D
37. Kevin Bahl, D
68. Milos Roman, C
130. Linus karlsson, LW/C
161. Ryan Chyzowski,LW
192. Karel Plasek, LW/RW

Vegas:
61. Jack McBain, C
99. Luka Burzan, C/LW
115. Pavel Gogolev, RW
135. Carter Robertson, D
154. Adam Samuelsson, D
180. Vladislav Kotkov, LW/RW
185. Jacob Semik, D

Washington:
31. Kirill Marchenko, RW
46. Nils Lundkvist, D
93. Riley Sutter, RW
124. Nico Gross, D
186. Adam McCormick, D
217. Adam Gajarsky, RW

Winnipeg:
60. David Gustafsson, C
91. Logan Hutsko, RW
150. Carl Wassenius, C/LW
153. Jack Lagerstrom, D
184. Ben Kraws, G
215. Ondrej Buchtela, D

MasterMatt25

Nov 19, 2014
Montreal
If Montreal doesn't take Zadina, I think they take either Hughes or Dobson. We've scouted them both heavily this year

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
If Montreal doesn't take Zadina, I think they take either Hughes or Dobson. We've scouted them both heavily this year
I suspect we've scouted all high picks heavily lol, Kotkaniemi is no different. All signs point towards us picking him anyways.

As a Habs fan I'd be content with this. Love the Kotkaniemi, Foudy, McLaughlin, Utunen picks.

Hate the Perbix, Beaudin, Salmela picks.

Reactions: Dan Kelly

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
As a Sharks fan that knows about the first and second rounds, I love the 1st round pick of the Sharks. In an ideal world, we get Veleno. I have no opinion of the other two but I do see the Sharks moving a few players to pick up a few picks and also I see the Sharks taking a goalie.

johum7

Nov 8, 2017
Freddy
Not a fan of Wilde at 19 with Berggren, Bokk, Denisenko, etc. available. Khovanov seems like an odd pick with Nordgren and McLaughlin still on the board

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
He's a "safe" type of two-way guy, who might have some underrated offense

not sure this will be Dubas' MO
the last safe guy the leafs took in this range was Gauthier.
they have been much better going for the riskier skilled players (marner,nylander,bracco,liljegren etc)

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
i like the effort you put into this list....it'll be interesting to see how this turns out ! i like the Oilers picks but i suspect they might take the slightly bigger but just as productive RD Sean Durzi over Addison if he's still there.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Great work. BUT You are slightly off on all the Rangers picks. (In the first couple rounds, my knowledge goes about 3 roubds deep)

They go Wahlstrom over Bouchard

They go Denisenko at 26 and Bokk at 28.

They go Addison over Drury at 39 (probably)

I could see them going Alex Alex over Lauko too.

It's crazy how you were within the right range of almost all of these but picked the wrong guy. Liked the 3rd rounders

Reactions: newdimension

newdimension

May 18, 2013
Oddly enough, I was actually thinking of going Wahlstrom + [dropper] + probably Addison for their last pick in the 1st round. Changed it around after, of course, which then changed around some of the other picks.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
As a team of many scouts designated to many areas, you haven’t done your job right if you haven’t “heavily scouted” all of the best players.

Dux917

Feb 22, 2018
Like the gamble with O'Brien going to the blue Jackets in the first round. It would pay-off a few years from now.

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
As a Habs fan, I'd be happy with this draft. Kotkaniemi at 3 is a win for me (I'm hoping for either him or Dobson). I'm a bit iffy on taking Beaudin so early. It's not that I don't like the player, but I'd rather grab Lundkvist/Alexeyev/Tychonick there instead. LOVE the Foudy pick, I can almost guarantee that at this time next year, there's going to be a lot of teams thinking "how the hell did we manage to let this guy past us".

Reactions: Habs76

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Boston:
57. Tyler Madden, RW/C
77. Sampo Ranta, RW/LW
119. Simon Johansson, D
181. Erik Portilio, G
212. Austin Wong, C

This is excellent work. Thank you for putting in the time and effort. All 7 rounds with write ups. As a Bruins fan, I think the only pick I was meh on was #57 and would have preferred McBain, or Hillis there, myself. Both would give us another center prospect with top 6 upside to develop. Other than that, I would love this draft as a Bruins fan. Obviously, I'm no expert in all prospects, but the players selected all sound intriguing, fill needs, and add to the depth. Also huge shout-out to #212. If Boston draft Wong, I'd be excited, because he is one nasty SOB.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
If the Blues came away from this draft with Bokk, Tychinick, and Emberson with their first three picks it would a very good draft indeed.
Very good? I’d be pinching myself to see if I was dreaming. That kind of haul would be great.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
New York Islanders:
11. Barrett Hayton, C
12. Rasmus Sandin, D
41. Jett Woo, D
43. Sean Durzi, D
72. Xavier Bernard, D
103. Curtis Hall, C
134. Nando Eggenberger, LW
196. Zachary Bouthillier, G

Just a fantastic job all the way up and down. If there is one quibble I have with the Isles picks is that I can't see them passing over Alexeyev if available in the 2nd. Given the Woo injury issues I would go with Alexeyev at 41. It also might be a toss-up between Durzi and Ylonen at #43.

But I commend you for the efforts you put into this! Justus Annunen is definitely a goalie to keep an eye on!
Justus Annunen

Dubcanesfan

Jan 6, 2016
Love Addison going to the oilers at 40, I think sandin drops to the 16-24 range and the isles go with Smith instead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad