Hodgson-Grigorenko-Gionta
Girgensons-Reinhart-Stewart
Foligno-Mitchell-McCormick
Deslauriers, Dalpe

Gorges-Myers
Meszaros-Pysyk
McCabe-Ristolainen
Weber

When Kaleta returns, Reinhart goes back to WHL or Dalpe goes to Rochester.
Isn't Pysyk supposed to be healthy by the season opener?
I don't think Zadorov is getting nine games.

I really don't care much about whether Grigorenko gets put in Rochester or when he gets called up, but going off of the "you gotta earn it" comments from Nolan, it wouldn't make sense to me if he didn't make the team right away.

Dunkster19

May 3, 2013
Moulson- Ennis- Gionta
Hodgson- Grigorenko- Stafford
Girgensons- Reinhart- Stewart
Des Lauriers- McCormick- Foligno
Mitchel/Kaleta

Until Pysyk gets back
Gorges- Myers
Mez- Risto
McCabe/Benoit/ Weber

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
Grigorenko needs to show this supposed improvement is real when it matters. I hope he gets a shot in Buffalo. I also hope Ristolainen goes to Rochester and Reinhart back to juniors immediately.

Man of Principles

The Krueger Effect
Nov 30, 2011
Interesting to see a split in opinion on Grigorenko. I'm still on the fence about him. Think he showed great poise and finally is making strides offensively (creatively). I'm kind of a noob when it comes to training camp. When do we know?

DeadGhost

Ugistered Reger
Feb 15, 2010
I'd really like to see Grigorenko be close to a PPG player in the AHL for a month before a call up. The timing of Reinhart's tryout makes that possible. And if for whatever reason Reinhart sticks after the tryout you find a way to get Grigs in the lineup anyway.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Interesting to see a split in opinion on Grigorenko. I'm still on the fence about him. Think he showed great poise and finally is making strides offensively (creatively). I'm kind of a noob when it comes to training camp. When do we know?

If your asking when will we know the official 23 going into the season. The NHL deadline for that is Tuesday at 5pm. But the Sabres can obviously make decisions before that.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
I'd really like to see Grigorenko be close to a PPG player in the AHL for a month before a call up. The timing of Reinhart's tryout makes that possible. And if for whatever reason Reinhart sticks after the tryout you find a way to get Grigs in the lineup anyway.

IMO, that would not be fair to Grigorenko under the "everyone has to earn a job" mantra that we've been hearing since Murray and Nolan arrived last season. He has done everything they have asked of him both on and off the ice to prove he belongs in Buffalo. We'll soon see what happens.

‏@BNHarrington

#Sabres are taking both today AND tomorrow off, presumably to make their final roster decisions. Scheduled to return to the ice Monday.

DazedandConfused

thanks tips
Jul 30, 2013
Edmonton
It's not a matter of if he's earned a "roster spot", from what I've gotten out of listening to Murray in the past. Is he going to get top line minutes and 1st unit PP time with the big club? No, likely not.

Let him play his minutes in the A and get his regular call ups when the injuries hit which we all know is going to happen. Then hopefully go down to finish the year on a playoff run with the Amerks.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
It's not a matter of if he's earned a "roster spot", from what I've gotten out of listening to Murray in the past. Is he going to get top line minutes and 1st unit PP time with the big club? No, likely not.

Let him play his minutes in the A and get his regular call ups when the injuries hit which we all know is going to happen. Then hopefully go down to finish the year on a playoff run with the Amerks.

Ok, 2nd line minutes and 2nd line PP minutes. Not that big of a drop in minutes and definitely better for development.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
DUFF'S NOTES: MAKING THE TEAM
What might the Sabres roster look like after final cuts are made?

What’s interesting, yet probably shouldn’t be surprising (based on age/experience etc.) is that Grigorenko over the past two weeks has looked more polished than Reinhart.

That’s not to say Reinhart (1-0-1 in five games played) has done anything wrong or hasn’t progressed. Because he has. But if the camp was about earning a spot, I’d have to say that Grigorenko likely has a leg up on Reinhart, the second overall selection in this year’s draft.

But if the camp was more about finding out what is truly best for the development of all, perhaps it’s best to assign Grigorenko to Rochester, expect a solid year from him and call him up when injuries hit and/or the situation warrants it.

ZeroPT*

Ok, 2nd line minutes and 2nd line PP minutes. Not that big of a drop in minutes and definitely better for development.

I doubt whoever wins the battle for 3C is going to see much PP time.

Moulson-Ennis-Hodgson-Stafford-Stewart and Gionta. These are who I would wager see PP time as forwards.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I doubt whoever wins the battle for 3C is going to see much PP time.

Moulson-Ennis-Hodgson-Stafford-Stewart and Gionta. These are who I would wager see PP time as forwards.

Grigorenko should easily see PP time if he's on the team, otherwise Nolan's a bonehead.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Why not McCabe?

He is 20..turns 21 next weekend.....he is a pro now...so no 9 game try out.

If he came from college and was still 19 then the 9 game rule would still apply just like it did on girg whose contract slid by him playing a full season in Rochester coming from the USHL

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
How was Larsson's camp? Still not ready for a bottom 6 center spot?

Injured right now, hence why he's not in any projections.

But he'll probably get sent down when he's healthy, the injury did him no favors in earning a spot out of camp.

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
Injured right now, hence why he's not in any projections.

But he'll probably get sent down when he's healthy, the injury did him no favors in earning a spot out of camp.

He has a concussion. I think he's ready and would have wanted him to win a spot, but now I believe he should go to Rochester when healthy and work from there.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the quick response!

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00