GDT: FIN vs. GBR May 12, 2024

Finnswiss

Apr 28, 2013
I hope the Finns show a better performance than against the Czechs, especially on offense. Granlund was quite disappointing; hopefully he finds his form and skills back. His penalty try in the shootout was also lame; he had no inspiration or idea how to overcome the Czech goalie.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Tribec

Jun 20, 2004
So my assessment would be it's a bitty period, GB are trying to spoil the attacking prowess of the Fins as they did the Canadian's yesterday. It's what they have to do at this level right now, unlike the first year they got promoted where we sort of knew we'd be smashed, the players are more familiar with what they have to do. The next step is to up the talent pool and add a bit more offensively against the teams at this level, which is easier said than done.

If the Fins want to get a medal though they are going to have to find another gear or three when they get to the medal rounds.

Finnswiss

Apr 28, 2013
I already thought the first line with Granlund would never score in this tournament; the scoring efficiency by the Finns improves, but as I can't watch the game, I have no idea how big the part of the Brits is to this fact.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad