GDT: FIN vs. AUT May 16, 2024

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I can't believe there wasn't anyone who fit better than Puustinen. Weirdest JJ "NHL" add.
Hey, JJ thinks the team's perfect, that's why he closed the door to NHL as quickly as he possibly could.

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
That was absolute bullshit call.
It was normal screen play in powerplay without any contact on Finnish goalie.

Goal should've counted Austria got screwed by the refs in this one.
In NHL that disallowed powerplay goal would've been good hockey goal 9 / 10 times.

From the IIHF Rulebook:

20240517_125135.jpg

Interference.jpg

Reactions: Summer Rose

WayTooCold

Jun 9, 2023
I told the Eastern part of Sweden to have a better team.
They never listen. But they have so few NHLers so that's all they got.
Sweden's got a team full of NHL stars.
Losing to Austria even.

Last edited:

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
Those situations help a lot tbh. Going just by the rule, it's not as obvious, as the word "impair" keeper's ability can be interpreted in different ways. Physically impair (contact) vs. visually impair. Going by the example situations, the intended meaning seems to include visual impair. Looks like the only case where a player is in the crease and the goal counts, is if
that player is neither initiating contact nor is visually blocking the sight of the puck, or has not been significantly planted inside the crease and was in motion.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Hugely unpopular opinion in Finland, but i cant wrap my head around why dont you just forecheck like crazy and play fast hockey when you undoubtedly have the better players on the ice? I mean this boring ass standing behind your own net for 5minutes per period has been a succesful strategy against superior teams, but guys are playing against Austria (no offense).
Our players aren't fast or skilled enough for that.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Our players aren't fast or skilled enough for that.
They are fast enough. But sisu make them go over board and gassed. Even under Aravirta's system the problem was that the players went balls to the wall and impressed until the quarters, semis or finals and were just done by then. Finland needs to contain the intensity level for short concentrated spurts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad