GDT: FIN vs. AUT May 16, 2024

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Finland scores two goals against a team that has allowed 18 goals in the first three games of the tournament, classic.

Reactions: Summer Rose

PocketRocket

Sep 14, 2015
Congraz for Austria they were the better team, but my god this team Finland is just annoyingly inconsistent, still nothing from the first line and this Jalonen farewell tour is gonna get real ugly real soon if this is the level of preparation for games.

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
That's what Finland get for spoiling Austria's plan by refusing to run up a 5 goal lead. Zero points instead of overtime for you, Suomi.

ottawarenegader613

May 27, 2016
Austria won on a buzzer beater...woooooooooooow. First time Austria has beaten Finland for the WHC. Congratulations 🇦🇹. That team is playing like a team that is competing against the stronger hockey nations, not a team that is fighting for survival in the top group.

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
Well, my fear that Finland won't reach the QF will probably be confirmed. How is this team supposed to survive against Canada and Switzerland? The games against GB and Norway didn't show the truth. Unfortunately yes against Czechia and Austria. The offensive is too weak. The puck control isn't good enough, as I see it. There's just a lack of everything. Not good enough!

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
But they have some good players Rossi, Zwerger, Baumgartner, Schneider and both goalies are solid also, they can play!

Certainly they do.

Often when lower ranked teams upset the better teams, it's because their goalie stands on their head.

Not the case here.

They scored 5 in one period against Canada down 6-1, and then came back to win in regulation against Finland down 2.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
First of all, Austria can with some luck win a bronze in this tournament. They've been playing well in three games already. Finland on the other hand? Not a medal contender whatsoever. This roster is so weak. And no, this wasn't just some "Half ass effort" like some people wanna write and assume in here. Austria have been better and they played better.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
Well, my fear that Finland won't reach the QF will probably be confirmed. How is this team supposed to survive against Canada and Switzerland? The games against GB and Norway didn't show the truth. Unfortunately yes against Czechia and Austria. The offensive is too weak. The puck control isn't good enough, as I see it. There's just a lack of everything. Not good enough!
Yeah but the Finns always bring their A game versus the top team, I wouldn't count them out just yet

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
First of all, Austria can with some luck win a bronze in this tournament. They've been playing well in three games already. Finland on the other hand? Not a medal contender whatsoever. This roster is so weak. And no, this wasn't just some "Half ass effort" like some people wanna write and assume in here. Austria have been better and they played better.

A good wake-up call can make a difference in this tournament. No one is out of anything yet.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
What´s happening with hockey in Finland recently? Their results are pretty bad.
This take is just... Lol. Yeah, not even the best European players in this roster. It's not an excuse what so ever but your comment sounds too much of "In general", and that's not the whole truth and you know that.

I mean Germany won against Slovakia. Does that mean Slovakia have a dark future just because of that? No. They have a couple of very good NHLers, good goalies, Radojevic (or how the heck you spell his name) and lots of semi-good prospects coming up.

Also Germany tend to play a couple of good games in these Skodas if they get a decent roster. Chill with the dramatic assumptions ;)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: stastny12

swissdude

May 18, 2019
Why is Austria so good? I am on the bandwagon now. Saw the buzzer beater goal, loved it.
If I was cocky I'd say due to swiss coaching lol. But seriously they are playing their hearts out and have some players from good leagues. They all do that for a living and are professional hockey players if you don't perform they gonna make you pay

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad