Pre-Game Talk: Fill out the bottom of our forward lineup for game 1

Who would you fill out the last 4 forward positions with Sutter and Motte out?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Di Giuseppe MacEwan Gad and HighMore

FlowMaster

Jan 28, 2009
BC
It will be Dowling simply because he's a centre. Gadjovic had a great camp but Green is more focused on winning with vets than developing young players this year.

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
Hoglander Pettersson Boeser
Miller Horvat Garland
Pearson Dickinson Podkolzin
DiGiuseppe Dowling Lockwood

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Höglander - Pettersson - Boeser
Miller - Horvat - Garland
Pearsson - Dickinsson - Podkolzin
Motte - Sutter - x

When healthy.

I dont know... I feel like the forward group is pretty good?
The top 6 is great as good as anyone's really. After that though we kinda suck depth wise. When healthy were decent but the 4th line and depth after them is is below average.

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
Wow I didn't realize just how bad our forward depth is after seeing this. Good thing we have depth at D oh wait. :(

This is easily the best forward depth we've had in years.

These aren't household names but they are young players working hard to earn a roster spot. In my opinion that is extremely important for a successful 4th line.

Our forward depth in all areas will be the least of our worries this year.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Motte - Sutter - x

When healthy.

Agreed. Forward depth is pretty good this year and our top 9 is solid.

Depth chart:

1. Highmore
2. Di Guiseppe
3. MacEwen
4. Petan
5. Gadjovich
6. Lockwood

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
I'll be honest most of those choices don't hold any excitement for me.

I give one to Gadjovich because of that entire group he is the guy that has truly looked like he worked hard on his game and made tangible improvements. His play has been good so far. I think it's necessary to reward that work...even if he finds himself back in the minor a handful of weeks later.

MacEwan and Highmore have been disappointing and I wasn't expecting much from them.

A second spot maybe Lockwood as I'd rather have a internal player given a shot over someone brought in if that player looks to be able to handle it (I don't think MacEwan can). Maybe you start him in the AHL and have Highmore and then bring him up if he's tearing it up. I don't know.

Not sure on the others but probably Petan and Di Guiseppe.

I very don't agree with people saying forward depth is not a worry. It's still a worry. There will not be players in the bottom 6 or farm that you can expect to step up when injuries hit. Quality in the top 9 might be better but the drop-off is still a precipitous one.

Not as big a worry as the blueline of course but while forward depth may be better than it has been it's still not a deep team.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Agreed. Our forwards are solid. So far I’ve liked Di Guiseppe and Lockwood. Then maybe Gadjovich, Highmore and McEwen fighting for the last spot.
Once Motte and Sutter are back I’m hoping Lockwood is the other fourth liner as he provided a lot of speed on that line along with Motte.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Voted Di Giuseppe, Gadjovich, MacEwan and Lockwood.....the most physical forwards left on the list.

Matthew Highmore has had a disappointing camp; Dowling and Petan are NHL-AHL 'tweeners; and Klimovich is too young. Bailey might have been under consideration, but missing training camp has put him in a huge hole. He'll have to go to Abbotsford and reinvent himself again.

brock hughes007

Sep 12, 2019
victoria
Motte - Sutter - x

When healthy.

My forth line would be,,Motte Lockwood Gadjovich,,Sutter should not be on this team period..

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Whoever ends up on the Canucks bottom-six, are least two of them are 'placeholders'. Motte and Sutter will bump somebody when they're back on the active roster.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Miller Pettersson Boeser
Hoglander Horvat Garland
Motte Sutter Gadjovich

Di Giuseppe and Dowling to hold the fort for the 4th line for the time being.

DRich82

Sep 30, 2009
Miller Pettersson Boeser
Hoglander Horvat Garland
Motte Sutter Gadjovich

Di Giuseppe and Dowling to hold the fort for the 4th line for the time being.

Gadjovich Pettersson Boeser
Pearson Horvat Hoglander
Garland Miller Podkolzin
Motte(Di Giuseppe) Dickinson Sutter(Highmore)

Extra F Dowling

Iron Mike Sharpe

Dec 6, 2017
Podkolzin isn't a "lock," he's likely to start the season in Abbotsford. It also looks likely they'll pick up Chiasson. I'm guessing Petan gets a spot, and I'm not sure who they'll give that last spot to - maybe Dowling, if they have Miller at C and Dickinson on the wing.

Scorvat

Mar 17, 2015
Bailey has deserved a chance for years now, he should at least be the spare for the start of the season

For the rest I chose Gad, Dowling, and Giusseppe , thought these have been the best of the bunch through pre season and training camp

Not really getting the Lockwood love. He looks fast and hits but his stats are very underwhelming and he doesn't seem to know what to do with the puck on his stick

moog35

Jul 25, 2007
This is easily the best forward depth we've had in years.

These aren't household names but they are young players working hard to earn a roster spot. In my opinion that is extremely important for a successful 4th line.

Our forward depth in all areas will be the least of our worries this year.
Exactly. Young players trying to earn a spot on the 4th line is way better than old worn out veterans that are brought in at a higher price

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad