Confirmed with Link: Filip Gustavsson Re-signed (3 years x $3.75M AAV)

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
Good deal, feels like that's close to what he would have got out of arbitration except with better term.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
He'll have just turned 28 when the contract expires.

It'll be extremely interesting what happens if his last year wasn't a fluke and Wallstedt is legit. Wallstedt will turn 24 during that final season.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN

It'll be extremely interesting what happens if his last year wasn't a fluke and Wallstedt is legit. Wallstedt will turn 24 during that final season.
So Wallstedt will be right around the age where goalies start to break into the NHL, and Gus would be due a huge contract while still in his prime. Seems well timed for everyone.

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011

So instead of the 1A/1B they're currently rolling with Fleury, it would actually be two good goalies?

Sounds like a good problem to have.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Really nice to get that 3rd year. Wallstedt will probably get bridged in the $1.25M-$1.5M range for his first contract coming off his ELC, so they’re going to be paying roughly $5M to their goalies when the dead cap comes off the books.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
How much cap does that leave for Addison? I did some googling but couldn’t find the answer. Figure someone else knows off the top of their head.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I'd be surprised if Addison gets anything much more than this QO.

I think they were waiting for Gus to be settled so they can just point to the cap situation and squeeze him. If he balks and doesn't sign, they'll just call up Mermis for the #7D spot and put Goligoski on the power play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad