Player Discussion Filip Chytil: Part II (Chytil to miss rest of 2023-24 Season)

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
leetch0524_original.jpg
Oh, if I wasn't on the otherside of the world....
Philip's head on that HOF goat d-man body...

gabevh3

Oct 13, 2005
Wheeler is back skating on his own... will we even have room for him?

Last edited:

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Wheeler is back skating on his own... will we even have room for him?

You never know who will get hurt.

I haven't looked at the metrics and cards since he arrived, but my instinct is that Roslovic has been barely, if any, of an upgrade over Wheeler. I don't know what the underlying metrics say but neither stood out to me as particularly more effective than the other.

Reactions: gabevh3

lakeshirts37

Jun 25, 2019
I keep clicking on this thread hoping there is a news update that he's playing.

I really don't understand how he could be ready for Game 2 or 3 or Round 2, but not right now.

I still think he's either ready Game 1 or not at all. Am I supposed to believe that after 6 months of being out, the four day difference between Game 1 and Game 3 is going to make a difference in his health? I don't.

I think it's a game to keep info away from the Caps and that he's either been ready for a while now and they are waiting for salary cap purposes to deploy him, or, in the alternative, they really have no idea how ready he is, and skating with the team was very preliminary and his health is still very much in question, in which case I don't see why they should rush him back for the playoffs at all.

But the fact that he was in a full contact jersey tells me he is all-systems-go.
Agreed - I think hes good to go

gabevh3

Oct 13, 2005
I keep clicking on this thread hoping there is a news update that he's playing.

I really don't understand how he could be ready for Game 2 or 3 or Round 2, but not right now.

I still think he's either ready Game 1 or not at all. Am I supposed to believe that after 6 months of being out, the four day difference between Game 1 and Game 3 is going to make a difference in his health? I don't.

I think it's a game to keep info away from the Caps and that he's either been ready for a while now and they are waiting for salary cap purposes to deploy him, or, in the alternative, they really have no idea how ready he is, and skating with the team was very preliminary and his health is still very much in question, in which case I don't see why they should rush him back for the playoffs at all.

But the fact that he was in a full contact jersey tells me he is all-systems-go.
I doubt that cause that would be cap circumvention. If he's healthy you can't keep him on LTIR.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
I think he's good to go, but I could see them holding off on deploying him for game 1. I wouldn't, but I'd also understand if they did just to try and let us get one under our belt and take the pressure off a bit.

I hope they don't do that though. Put him with Mika & Kreids and keep him away from center. Simple game, no special teams minutes, and see how he does.

On a side note, no way that Vesey is getting benched for Rempe.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Again i'm not sure what the possibility is that he's ready to play...

BUT

even though i like Wennberg a pretty good amount.

Cuylle Chytil Kakko

is a real shit 3rd line. Big tough and can forecheck and score.

That would be such a massive add to our depth.

Plus Goodrow Wennberg Vesey is a very good matchup line
No doubt.

If he does come back and hes cookin we might see that bottom 6 or similar.

But i tend to think he would replace Roslovic real quick if he shows he can play his game out there

Reactions: gabevh3

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Thats good news if you are hoping Chytil will be in this series.

Because putting two and two together - hes a full participant - hes cleared - hes doing battle/contact drills

If they werent planning on playing him at any point it would be easy just to come out and say it.

They are leaving the door open. I think we'll definitely see him this series, depending on how things go in the series and with his response to the practices.

They actually did more cap gymnastics to squeeze in Kane last year.

If Chytil winds up playing its more of happy accident than a contrived move.

And honestly well never know one way or another, its all speculation.
Not to mention if chytil does play, ( imo) Roslovic will be scratched and he was 1 of the guys brought in at the TDL via the LTIR space.. not exactly the most astute way of spending funds if you are planning on gaming the system.

Vegas and Tampa is a different story entirely

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
Not to mention if chytil does play, ( imo) Roslovic will be scratched and he was 1 of the guys brought in at the TDL via the LTIR space.. not exactly the most astute way of spending funds if you are planning on gaming the system.

Vegas and Tampa is a different story entirely
exactly.

Only way this could be put in the same bracket, is if they were desperate to add SOME insurance players, and at the same time were eager to give Chyt surplus time for the recovery.
I surely would like to believe this WAS the actual story (even if what they managed to bring in is relatively disappointing). That means they really hope to have Chyt back.

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
exactly.

Only way this could be put in the same bracket, is if they were desperate to add SOME insurance players, and at the same time were eager to give Chyt surplus time for the recovery.
I surely would like to believe this WAS the actual story (even if what they managed to bring in is relatively disappointing). That means they really hope to have Chyt back.
Guentzel was the guy. After Drury didn’t win the trade, he went dumpster diving.

Last edited:

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Guentzel was the guy. After Drury didn’t win the trade, he went dumpster diving.
I'm not sure Guentzel was ever drury's real target.
I dont think he ever did more than price check, but drury isnt big on moving prospects for rentals, and he definitely didn't want to pay any division tax (somehow carolina escaped that)
Also Guentzel fit great with aho but I dont see him fixing mika and ck, if anything I'd have moved guentzel to panarin's wing and seen if Laf would fix them, which means playing with two lines and potentially breaking both of them.

Aside from the Kane move, Drury has shown to not want to "huge" deadline splash, and everyone assumes kane was forced on drury.
Tarasenko and Mikkola were solid and clear adds that weren't supremely expensive.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I'm not sure Guentzel was ever drury's real target.
I dont think he ever did more than price check, but drury isnt big on moving prospects for rentals, and he definitely didn't want to pay any division tax (somehow carolina escaped that)
Also Guentzel fit great with aho but I dont see him fixing mika and ck, if anything I'd have moved guentzel to panarin's wing and seen if Laf would fix them, which means playing with two lines and potentially breaking both of them.

Aside from the Kane move, Drury has shown to not want to "huge" deadline splash, and everyone assumes kane was forced on drury.
Tarasenko and Mikkola were solid and clear adds that weren't supremely expensive.
Guentzel was a very good add by Carolina and may put them over the top but I can definitely understand Drury not going all in for him. It's a tough call honestly. On one hand he makes the team better in the short term with a chance at the cup otoh he would have cost a 1st+Cuylle+Othmann+Sykora, something like that, and then they most likely wouldn't meet his contract demands. Carolina has a deeper prospect pool and could meet his contract demands if they want to sign him long term. Another legit question was how would Guentzel play away from Crosby. He seems to have answered that so far.

gabevh3

Oct 13, 2005
If he's in full contact sweater while practicing, he's cleared to play

No way do the Rangers and or their medical staff play stupid games like that.

Also, if Chytil is playing, Rempe or Cuylle are sitting.

My bet is on Rempe in street clothes
They did play games that's why there's new staff lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad