Player Discussion Filip Chytil: Part II (Chytil to miss rest of 2023-24 Season)

OthmannOut

Jan 29, 2019
There is no chance they are having him do full contact skates with the team if he wasn't already cleared long ago. Management is not going to rush Chytil back, especially when he is not needed. It seems clear to me that the journalists got worked by a likely on ice injury but after running tests it came to pass that things weren't bad and Chytil worked out away from the team and got in shape. Hats off to the organization for keeping kayfabe while also being precautious while also improving our team.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
but how is he not mentally ready now, but will be in a few days? he wont be in game shape unless he plays and he wont be mentally 100% until he plays. he either is mentally ready to go now and will be playing his way into game shape or he isnt. a few days after being out 6 months isnt changing that.
Practicing will get him more in game shape than skating on his own. No matter how much someone trains, it isn't the same as actually battling against other players. Giving and taking hits in practice will give him the confidence that he can do the same thing in games.

I'm not saying he will be ready in a few days. I don't know when he will be ready, mentally. I was simply explaining why he isn't necessarily ready now despite being cleared medically and practicing. It will be up to the Fil to determine when he is ready.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
wait is he actually coming back?? i have not yet allowed myself to consider this possibility
It seems likely, but we have no idea when. He's practicing with the team and in the absence of bad news, we have to assume it has been all good news thus far.

Until we hear differently, I'm not expecting him to be in the lineup for game 1, but I wouldn't be surprised if he plays at some point in the series.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
My guess is Lav will go into Game 1 with the lineup that got them here to get things rolling, hopefully off on the right foot.

Chytil will continue to practice and get his battle level up. Hell be chomping at the bit to get in im sure.

Maybe if the Rangers get up in the series 2 or 3 games, or if God Forbid theres an injury Chytils # will be called.

Or, they have a set timetable set for him and it has to be later.

But being medically cleared and participating in full drills is a great sign and if they felt he would improve the teams chances with little or no risk to his health than put the kid in. Which is why i dont rule out a Game 1 appearance either.

Because if you think about it, if they are planning to use him at all, he needs to get his sea legs in real game conditions. They'll be some rust to shake off. I think getting a 2 game lead in the series will allow them to do that.

What im saying is we have no idea whats happening

Last edited:

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
My guess is Lav will go into Game 1 with the lineup that got them here to get things rolling, hopefully off on the right foot.

Chytil will continue to practice and get his battle level up. Hell be chomping at the bit to get in im sure.

Maybe if the Rangers get up in the series 2 or 3 games, or if God Forbid theres an injury Chytils # will be called.
I agree. I don't think we will see him in game 1 but I'm guessing we will see him at some point in this series.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Honestly I don't even know, that he jumped right into full contact practices shows that he's been skating hard and working out on his own for awhile now and is close to returning if he is going to return this year. To me it seems 100% that this was the plan if he was recovering well enough...LTIR to the end of the season to allow for full recovery and have him ramping up exercises to hit the ground running when the playoffs come.
btw Vince did say that Chytil was medically cleared

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Practicing will get him more in game shape than skating on his own. No matter how much someone trains, it isn't the same as actually battling against other players. Giving and taking hits in practice will give him the confidence that he can do the same thing in games.

I'm not saying he will be ready in a few days. I don't know when he will be ready, mentally. I was simply explaining why he isn't necessarily ready now despite being cleared medically and practicing. It will be up to the Fil to determine when he is ready.
i agree it will be up to fil when hes mentally ready. i just dont think a couple days difference at this point makes a difference for a guy thats been on the shelf for so long. i thought he was practicing though?

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I agree. I don't think we will see him in game 1 but I'm guessing we will see him at some point in this series.
Or maybe even after a loss - because having him skate out unannounced in a pregame warmup would not only shake things up for the Capitals game plan but also would be a shot in the arm for the Rangers room.

Reactions: PuckLuck3043

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Drury cap compliance masterclass.
Gives Chytil more time to rest from a concussion instead of rushing him back and also gave us more depth. Let's goooo.
Chytil gets back from Euro-rehab
Takes a bump in practice
Decommissioned as a precaution
Later that week: "Hey Drury, I feel fine again!"
Drury: "How many people have you told this to...."

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
he's obviously ready physically or there's no chance he's full practice participant. also a good sign it sounded like he was the one who went to the team about returning to practice in terms of where he's at mentally about playing.

i'd be surprised to see him game 1, but i think lavi won't hesitate to put him in after that depending on how the series goes. if they drop a game or even have tight win where the mika line doesn't add anything offensively i could see him jumping in for roslovic. i'd be surprised to see him play c unless there's an injury, given wennberg is a better fit as a 3c with his defensive play and i can't imagine chytil playing 4c. unless they cruise through in 4, something the rangers never do, i don't think it'll be long before we see him.

Reactions: HockeyBasedNYC

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
I’m guessing that Chytil’s second injury wasn’t as bad as originally feared and he has been working back into shape for a few weeks. Once the Rangers passed the trade deadline with Chytil on LTIR, there was no financial path to bring him back before the playoffs. They used the time intelligently to let him get into shape and didn’t show their hand until the week before the playoffs. Pretty well thought out. I believe that if there was a lingering issue, he wouldn’t be practicing or potentially playing.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
honestly if Chytil is totally fine and we actually win it all, then yeah I can see this finally breaking the NHL and leading to a rule change. The rangers aren't an expansion team and have one of the most hated fan bases in the league.
We used that LTIR money to add Roslovic and Wennberg. Not exactly big upgrades, and nothing compared to what Vegas has done the last 2 years. If people want to cry about it, they can, but I don't think the NHL is that petty that they would change the rule simply because we took advantage of it. Of course, if they change the rule, people will claim it was because of the Rangers even if it wasn't.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
We used that LTIR money to add Roslovic and Wennberg. Not exactly big upgrades, and nothing compared to what Vegas has done the last 2 years. If people want to cry about it, they can, but I don't think the NHL is that petty that they would change the rule simply because we took advantage of it. Of course, if they change the rule, people will claim it was because of the Rangers even if it wasn't.
FR. And those f***heads who knocked us out a few years ago certainly faked Kucherov's, like basically the best player in the entire league that year.

3rd Guy High

Feb 17, 2010
Was the season ending injury ever disclosed? Or did all the journalists just assume it was head related

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad