Player Discussion Filip Chytil: Part II (Chytil to miss rest of 2023-24 Season)

JoeGarelli

Jun 24, 2013
wennberg is a smart play maker, he has never scored goals.. but he is great with his stick, good defensively, responsible, he was a good pick up..

roslovic on the other hand is hopefully just a placeholder for chytil.. guys like roslovic dont win stanley cups.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
I keep clicking on this thread hoping there is a news update that he's playing.

I really don't understand how he could be ready for Game 2 or 3 or Round 2, but not right now.

I still think he's either ready Game 1 or not at all. Am I supposed to believe that after 6 months of being out, the four day difference between Game 1 and Game 3 is going to make a difference in his health? I don't.

I think it's a game to keep info away from the Caps and that he's either been ready for a while now and they are waiting for salary cap purposes to deploy him, or, in the alternative, they really have no idea how ready he is, and skating with the team was very preliminary and his health is still very much in question, in which case I don't see why they should rush him back for the playoffs at all.

But the fact that he was in a full contact jersey tells me he is all-systems-go.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
i think they traded for him for the playoff grind. he's played heavy minutes in the postseason with stability and methodical possession. that's important
They traded him for his defensive/matchup/support abilities, special teams and roster depth and because he can play center on the 3rd line in a role they needed filled that was at that time filled by a player who had 13 career goals.

It was a huge upgrade then and its a huge upgrade now. But he wasn't brought in to be Patrick Kane. Comparing him to Bonino, who is out of the league is silly.

You 'Orns!
Feb 11, 2004
Mannahatta
I personally would be so much more comfortable if Chytil didn't play in the playoffs. Of course, he'd be a great asset and a boost for the Rangers, and I have no concept of how well healed-up he is, but I'm terrified for his future if he comes in at anything less than his very best. The Cup isn't worth a young man's career.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I personally would be so much more comfortable if Chytil didn't play in the playoffs. Of course, he'd be a great asset and a boost for the Rangers, and I have no concept of how well healed-up he is, but I'm terrified for his future if he comes in at anything less than his very best. The Cup isn't worth a young man's career.
They aren’t going to put him out there if he isn’t medically cleared. But there is always going to be a risk, it’s a physical sport.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
I keep clicking on this thread hoping there is a news update that he's playing.

I really don't understand how he could be ready for Game 2 or 3 or Round 2, but not right now.

I still think he's either ready Game 1 or not at all. Am I supposed to believe that after 6 months of being out, the four day difference between Game 1 and Game 3 is going to make a difference in his health? I don't.

I think it's a game to keep info away from the Caps and that he's either been ready for a while now and they are waiting for salary cap purposes to deploy him, or, in the alternative, they really have no idea how ready he is, and skating with the team was very preliminary and his health is still very much in question, in which case I don't see why they should rush him back for the playoffs at all.

But the fact that he was in a full contact jersey tells me he is all-systems-go.

We may get an idea from practice today but we're not gonna know for sure until Sunday.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

Thats his choice to make though.

FWIW, If this were my kid, I'd strongly advise against playing but hes a grown adult, he knows the risks and can do what he wants and if theres nothing really standing in the way of him playing (no lingering symptoms) then the team can't really stand in the way of that.

Hockeyplayer99

Jul 31, 2005

FWIW, If this were my kid, I'd strongly advise against playing but hes a grown adult, he knows the risks and can do what he wants and if theres nothing really standing in the way of him playing (no lingering symptoms) then the team can't really stand in the way of that.
Washington is a physical team, who knows his situation and will target him especially a player like Wilson or Ovechkin

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Washington is a physical team, who knows his situation and will target him especially a player like Wilson or Ovechkin

Washington isn't that physical. You singled out 2 players. I bet Wilson would be ultra careful here because if he goes after someone with a history and throws something even a little bit borderline he's going to be hit with a massive suspension.

Does OV even hit anyone anymore?

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Being medically cleared for contact isn't the same as being in game shape. It's also not the same as being ready mentally. He needs to feel confident that he can engage physically and not be worried that any hit is going to trigger another concussion. He thought he was ready when he came back last time, and a very minor incident proved that he wasn't.

We don't want him out there thinking about it and shying away from contact. That's a good way for him to get hurt again, even if it isn't another concussion.
Every team has physical players. Every team knows his situation. If we are going to hold him out against every team who might try to hurt him, he might as well retire now.

Fil is a big boy. He can determine for himself when he is ready and accept the risks that come with it.

Reactions: jay from jersey

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Being medically cleared for contact isn't the same as being in game shape. It's also not the same as being ready mentally. He needs to feel confident that he can engage physically and not be worried that any hit is going to trigger another concussion. He thought he was ready when he came back last time, and a very minor incident proved that he wasn't.

We don't want him out there thinking about it and shying away from contact. That's a good way for him to get hurt again, even if it isn't another concussion.

Every team has physical players. Every team knows his situation. If we are going to hold him out against every team who might try to hurt him, he might as well retire now.

Fil is a big boy. He can determine for himself when he is ready and accept the risks that come with it.
Being medically cleared is a prerequisite to coach’s decision to reinsert player in the lineup.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Apparently Walker has their lineup same as Ottawa game, so I don't think he's playing Sunday. But the reports today are weak without Vince there.
Likely he’s seeing where chytil fits in. We may want him on the right side w 20-93 but fil has never really played wing consistently.
So try with different lines and see what happens.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT

With the amount of work and commitment Chytil has put into becoming an NHL player, it’s hard to imagine him not playing if he’s been medically cleared. There’s no chance in hell I’d stop playing if I was in his situation. I imagine most posters here would do the same as well.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Why would you run through line rushes and a full practice pre-playoffs with a player in the top 6 that you don't intend to start in Game 1 is my question.
But he's not. He's literally just wearing a colored jersey and Stephenson puts that out there but follows up with Roslovic is getting all of the rushes on L1. So, Chytil is still not taking line rushes.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York

but how is he not mentally ready now, but will be in a few days? he wont be in game shape unless he plays and he wont be mentally 100% until he plays. he either is mentally ready to go now and will be playing his way into game shape or he isnt. a few days after being out 6 months isnt changing that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad