Player Discussion Filip Chytil: Part II

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Thought I saw a stat last week that Panarin Tro Laf have scored the most even strength goals of any line in the league.
I can’t imagine that’s still the case now, they’ve gone a bit cold

WHAT?????? You're going to reward our 1OA for a great season by moving him to the third line? That's insane
Sounds like something the team would do tbh

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Thought I saw a stat last week that Panarin Tro Laf have scored the most even strength goals of any line in the league.

Coincidentally they also have the most even strength TOI of any line in the league. You know who has the second most TOI? Forsberg ROR Nyquist. Your classic misleading tweet.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
lol thanks

maybe we can go Kreider-Chytil-Zibby for line 2?
Why not just have Chytil at RW? Especially after coming back from his injury?

Edit: You’re that dope that was whining nonstop about Quick earlier this year. Now the f***ed up line combos make sense.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
You want to bring him back slowly? He slots with Wennberg and Kakko. Two heady players that can read off his speed and will grind it out. You dint scratch Roslovic because you can rotate them.

Cuylle goes down to the 4th with Goodrow and Vesey. I think that is your best 12 based on slots.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
That's actually not how math works.

There are plenty of lines that score at a higher rate than that line... As previously noted, that's including Cuylle-Brodzinski-Kakko.
Yeah. Interesting. Especially since I didn’t give you an equation. It’s more of a chicken or the egg, philosophical exercise. They get so much ice time because they score so much, they get more opportunity to score because they get so much ice time. You really think they only score more than Cuylle-Brodz- Kakko because they get more ice time? Enjoy that opinion. I think you are on an island there. If anything I think you are showing how points/60 is a pretty incomplete stat. No team in the league would rank the Cuylle line above the Pan line. Guess that’s why they give the Art Ross trophy to the best Points/60… oh wait.
The fact remains that they are the highest scoring line in the NHL, a pretty good argument for saying they are the best line in the league, and for certain ONE OF THE BEST. How that’s arguable is beyond me.

Last edited:

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
You want to bring him back slowly? He slots with Wennberg and Kakko. Two heady players that can read off his speed and will grind it out. You dint scratch Roslovic because you can rotate them.

Cuylle goes down to the 4th with Goodrow and Vesey. I think that is your best 12 based on slots.
I agree with this.

If he comes back I think it will be on that line to start. Sheltered minutes. It doesn’t upset things too much.

Cuylle had a few rotations with the 4th line not long ago, he can play that role very effectively. It makes them an even stronger 4 line team.

Re Wennberg - I think there’s a lot of trust in him from the staff. They identified him as a type of player they needed to add for not only depth but versatility and intelligence.

Hes a very heady support player and he and Kakko will allow Chytil to play a freer game and that will bode well for his confidence.

We also know the chemistry between Kakko and Chytil. If it works just roll with it. Chytil is a top 6 talent, as is Wennberg and occasionally Kakko. Thats a tough line to contain, even if it means a ton of possession, the puck is out of your end

Last edited:

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I actually don't hate the idea of Wennberg on the top line. If they aren't going to score, best equip them so that the other team doesn't score either.

OTOH, Kreider-Chytil has always been a pretty fire combo.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007
A lot of posters on here have said Kreider -Zibs need a puck carrier on the other wing. Chytil is that guy. Again, that's a huge upgrade. Roslovic becomes a bottom 6 guy, which in the playoffs it will be huge having a guy like that in that role.

Reactions: KevinFinnerty

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I don't think he goes into the top 6 for the first game at least. First game he goes on third line.

This is overthinking it. If Laviolette ultimately wants to see him RW with Zibanejad why mess with the 3rd line first? What do you do with Kakko in this scenario? It doesn’t make sense.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Here’s the tweet:

I don’t see a coaching staff breaking up that line unless the team is down in a series and needs a major shake up.

Is that accurate when Auston Mathews has 51 EV goals all by himself? Seems like he is cherry picking stuff based on lines and ignoring that Mathews alone has 51.

Reactions: Slaydagnar

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007
Is that accurate when Auston Mathews has 51 EV goals all by himself? Seems like he is cherry picking stuff based on lines and ignoring that Mathews alone has 51.
He's had different linemates at times throughout the year. This is not cherry picking. Any given combo of 3 forwards(aka a line). If Matthews has had different lines then there is no single line that gets credit for his entire 51 EV goals.

Reactions: bhamill

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
That's an odd stat without using time on ice.

For reference Cuylle-Brodzinski-Kakko have a better goals/60 then Panarin-Trocheck-Lafreniere.
How is is an odd stat without ice time? The top lines on every other team are likely getting around the same ice time as our line. Who cares about goals/60. Fact is they have been scoring a ton of goals at ES over the season.

Reactions: HockeyBasedNYC

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
He's had different linemates at times throughout the year. This is not cherry picking. Any given combo of 3 forwards(aka a line). If Matthews has had different lines then there is no single line that gets credit for his entire 51 EV goals.
It is misleading imo. What it basically says is the Bread line while good has played over 100 minutes more than other lines. 400 more minutes than any Mathews line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad