Player Discussion Filip Chytil: Part II

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Yea, conditioning is a different story but he has about 10 days to get there. Waiting for no reason if he's already cleared and says he feels fine isn't going to accomplish anything. In the meantime the organization is never going to say he's ready before the end of the regular season since he can't simultaneously be ready and remain on LTIR.
I watched the replay of the press conference.
Lavi was hedging a ton. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’d been medically cleared for a while but they’d already used the cap space.

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
Ohhhhhhh, Joe!

My theory proving correct. They faked an injury with him earlier in the season to LTIR him until the playoffs.
Do we even know what happened? For all we know it was a little set back so they shut him down for the season knowing he’ll be okay for the payoffs.

Reactions: bhamill

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Do we even know what happened? For all we know it was a little set back so they shut him down for the season knowing he’ll be okay for the payoffs.
Concussions/head injuries have no set timelines. Wouldn’t be possible to really make that determination until a few weeks before the playoffs.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
As a fan, I want Chytil back in. But as someone studying nursing, I don’t want to see Chytil playing ever again honestly.

I’m concerned about his long term well being too, but I really have no idea if the medical consensus is that he’s safe to return. If it is, then I don’t see how any of us have grounds to overrule what he and his doctors decided.

Reactions: IDvsEGO

CTTribe73

Aug 17, 2023
We did it! We circumvented the cap!
Can you imagine if this whole thing was semi-staged? Like they knew he wouldn’t be really ready to return until the playoffs so Drury sat him down before that infamous practice and said, ‘Hey kid….we need you to take a dive……here’s the plan….’.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I understand this, but if he's clear of symptoms, it doesn't really make a difference if he plays tomorrow or 1 year from now. He's not really getting any healthier, and the next hit could still be very dangerous for his well being.

If he's good to go according to himself and the doctors, he should play IMO. He wants to play I would assume.
The difference is you're throwing him out in a game that now gets much tighter, more physically demanding, and the ice appears to get much smaller. You would like to see a player like Chtyil get eased back into the lineup. In the end maybe it makes no difference at all, and if he's medically clear of symptoms he's able to go. But I can see why there's concerns of making sure you handle this the right way.

Reactions: AirGut

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Ok maybe I'm being selfish because bottom line is what's important for Chytil is top priority BUT if he was planning to come back in September and go thru the rigors of an entire season plus playoffs why not give it a go for these playoffs?
He's obviously been cleared so not sure how much difference may vs September will make in terms of "extra" recovery.
Either way it's a great story that at the very least he's skating and hanging with the team

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I'm very concerned for his well being. This could end very badly.
That’s why message mentioned cleared by medical staff. Everyone knows the risk so I’d trust in their recommendation than a random (no information on Chytil’s condition) “concern” - don’t mean you specifically but in general.

Reactions: JCProdigy

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Yes, very much. You have to hope he has the right people around him, looking out for his best interests. BUT if he's cleared medically and he wants to play, what do you do?
You play. I’d rather think that Drury decided to try Vegas cap management approach than player’s health exposure, ie Chytil could have started skating with the team weeks ago. If so - good for Drury

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad