Fighting or Checking - what should NHL remove?

What should NHL remove?

• Both should be removed from the game

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
I see some posts on the mains asking for removal of fighting so I want to see what the consensus is here. I added checking because it seems like the next step if fighting is removed.

Michael HOMERUNing

Feb 24, 2019
Fighting? There's barely any fighting in today's game. 99% of the "fights" nowadays are two players grabbing on to each other's jersey and failing to land a single punch. A lot of them come after clean hits. I would say there're about 10 NHL regulars in the league who can actually throw hands

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Hockey doesn't need either of those changes. Fighting isn't a big part of hockey anymore and removing hitting would be awful. They're slowly trying to get the crap like cheap shots and head shots out of the league.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
The majority of fights would be naturally eliminated if the refs would just stop with the "I saw that clear boarding, but nah, not gonna call it because I am omnipotent!" The remainder are, as was mentioned, because someone is butthurt over a clean hit.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
Fighting is so infrequent at this point it is pretty useless and an unnecessary risk for players to get hurt. I do not believe it has any positive impact on the game at all at. Maybe in the odd circumstance, but overall quite useless. The real issue though is the horrible officiating which keeps it necessary at all. I do not see it comparable to checking though. There are rules for checking and it is actually part of the strategy of the game. Saying checking should be removed from hockey would be like saying tackling should be taken out of football. Just because they do not allow fighting in football, doesn't mean they should or would take out tackling. There is no relation between the two at all.

Last edited:

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Saying checking should be removed from hockey would be like saying tackling should be taken out of football. Just because they do not allow fighting in football, doesn't mean they should or would take out tackling. There is no relation between the two at all.
No checking in womens hockey tho

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Keep fighting and checking remove politics and virtue signaling
What the f*** does it have to do with virtue signaling?

Fighting is decreasing because players are tired of giving themselves brain damage for no f***ing reason.

If a fight happens, it happens, but having designated fighters out there who aren't professionally trained to fight and are fighting every other night was tangibly dangerous.

Orange Fanta

Jun 22, 2016
What the f*** does it have to do with virtue signaling?

Fighting is decreasing because players are tired of giving themselves brain damage for no f***ing reason.

If a fight happens, it happens, but having designated fighters out there who aren't professionally trained to fight and are fighting every other night was tangibly dangerous.
When i say virtue signaling i mean keep political movements out of hockey separate issue from fighting, i agree fighting shouldn't be a players best attribute but you got a guy like marchand getting away his dumb shit(really good player) but the refs don't do anything send out that one guy who'll clock him regardless if accepts the fight kinda like play stupid games win stupid prizes
Edit: marchand was the best example don't hate him actually find him amusing but no denying he's a sh*t head at times

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
When i say virtue signaling i mean keep political movements out of hockey separate issue from fighting, i agree fighting shouldn't be a players best attribute but you got a guy like marchand getting away his dumb shit(really good player) but the refs don't do anything sound out that one guy who'll clock him regardless if accepts the fight kinda like play stupid games win stupid prizes
There is no political movement to keep fighting out of hockey. You're creating fantasies.

Orange Fanta

Jun 22, 2016
No. That's just a crazy fantasy.
A crazy fantasy if you're living in clown world, any time virtue signaling happens the nhl is always backing it and pushing it only a matter of time before the nhl has a lebron james pushing stupid political movements like the nba

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
A crazy fantasy if you're living in clown world, any time virtue signaling happens the nhl is always backing it and pushing it only a matter of time before the nhl has a lebron james pushing stupid political movements like the nba
"Clown world"

Oh you're one of those, huh?

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Remove illegal interference.

Anyone who tries to get In a players way away from the puck is an automatic penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad