Fighter Signings/Cuts/Promotional Changes Thread

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Damn didn’t know they cut Khama, he had a couple solid wins

3 straight 1st round KO’s will do that I guess
He's also 35, but I was always rooting for him, being from Pittsburgh and all.

Looking at his record, just a fun fact but he fought Paul Felder back in 2012 in a local Pittsburgh show. It was both of their 3rd professional fight. Lost by KO in just over a minute, but still kind of neat. Also lost to Billy Q back in 2015 outside of the UFC.

Another fun fact, he was 1-5 outside of PA until he got to the UFC and that 1 win was in Charleston, WV which is only like a 3hr drive from Pittsburgh. Then he got to the big show and KO'ed Devonte Smith and submitted that POS Luis Pena.

Last edited:
Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Almost beat Tony with staff for a belt. Fall from grace. Iaquinta was the death of him

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Really? He's on a tough run for sure, but it's not like he's losing to chumps. He's somewhat of a name who's not even 30 years old. I don't think he's Future Champ Kevin Lee like BC from MK, but seems harsh to cut him.

Reactions: Chaels Arms

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Listened to Lee on Ariel today. He was pretty pissed about the whole thing. Says he wants to come back as soon as his suspension is over. Said he already has 3 offers and plans to sign where he can make the most money. Did mention the PFL's tournament as something that was appealing, and said Triller had reached out as well. I'm guessing he'll either sign in the PFL or Triad. Also says he plans on fighting at 170 going forward.

Reactions: CDJ and Chaels Arms

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
I don't know if it actually played a factor but Ariel did mention Kevin Lee is repped by the same agents as Ngannou who the UFC obviously has beef with.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Lee is too much of an MMA fighter to succeed in boxing, bareknuckle or otherwise.

Bellator would probably be able to give him some good matchups to get him back on track as well. Might be young enough for them to give him a decent contract, as well.

I'd go for the milly in PFL if I was him, though. I don't think he'd be the favorite at WW, but I think he has a shot at it.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I don't want to be reactionary, but is Cody Garbrandt close to being cut? 1-5 in his last 6 and no chin anymore.
He's gotta be close.

The only thing I can say for Cody is that he's been fighting nothing but killers since the Cruz fight. KKF is probably the "worst" and we might just not know how good he is yet. The problem is that I don't know if he should be at FLW and there are no easier fights at BW. So you can't even give him a fight to test to see if he's still got anything left.

Reactions: m9

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
What they should do with cody is give him Tim Elliott or Tyson Nam

what they will do with cody is give him Manel Kape and get him killed while building Kape’s brand

Reactions: 16Skippy and m9

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I don't want to be reactionary, but is Cody Garbrandt close to being cut? 1-5 in his last 6 and no chin anymore.

He's gotta be close.

The only thing I can say for Cody is that he's been fighting nothing but killers since the Cruz fight. KKF is probably the "worst" and we might just not know how good he is yet. The problem is that I don't know if he should be at FLW and there are no easier fights at BW. So you can't even give him a fight to test to see if he's still got anything left.

Garbrandt is in the tough spot we've seen with guys like Tito/Anderson Silva/Woodley where he keeps getting these big fights because he was a star but he's not good enough to hang at the top anymore.

No matter which division he fights at next, I really want to see him take a huge step down. Fight a guy ranked outside the top 10 (or even unranked) and see if he can get built back up.

Reactions: pistolpete11

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
What they should do with cody is give him Tim Elliott or Tyson Nam

what they will do with cody is give him Manel Kape and get him killed while building Kape’s brand

True, unfortunately.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad