Fight of the year (Olivier vs Gallant)

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
I'm a big fan of Alex Gallant and his brother Brett. Both are less than 200lbs and only 6'0 but both have wins over super heavyweights. Alex had a tko win over McGratten a couple years ago.

Reactions: leetch99

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
I didn’t know much about Mathieu Olivier prior to this season. I have been impressed by him. He can fire off punches with velocity if he has the right leverage. His production with Milwaukee has been good for an enforcer. I can definitely see him getting signed to an entry-level contract by an NHL club.

Those Gallant brothers are some ruthless MF’ers. They could hang with any player from any era.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
I didn’t know much about Mathieu Olivier prior to this season. I have been impressed by him. He can fire off punches with velocity if he has the right leverage. His production with Milwaukee has been good for an enforcer. I can definitely see him getting signed to an entry-level contract by an NHL club.

Those Gallant brothers are some ruthless MF’ers. They could hang with any player from any era.
Their father was a tough as nails junior/ senior hockey player in Summerside PEI . He never wore shoulder pads in junior or senior hockey...and he could fight . You did not want to have anything to do with him . Today he is fighting a hard battle against cancer . As a testament to his popularity among the hockey community on PEI they raised over 150,000.00 the other night in a benefit for him . Great family !!!

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Alex is also a scratch golfer....took over 800 bucks off of Dion Phaneuf one day couple of years back on the golf course.....not sure if that was the same day Phaneuf drove the cart into the club house wall or not...true story !

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I think of Olivier not as a fighter, but as a player than can fight.

His stats: 41 GP 3 G 8 A 11 Pts 62 PIMs +3.

You say that 11 points isn't much? Anthony Richard leads the team with 33. The Admirals are on pace to score 201 goals this season. Syracuse is on pace to score 290 goals. The best in the AHL.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I'm a big fan of Alex Gallant and his brother Brett. Both are less than 200lbs and only 6'0 but both have wins over super heavyweights. Alex had a tko win over McGratten a couple years ago.

He was signed to protect the young players in the AHL so what does he do? Gallant threw a dangerous board in the season opener and got himself ejected. Brannstrom scored the winner in OT.
Next game was a back to back, Gallant didn't play and Colorado went headhunting on Brannstrom.

Useless.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
He was signed to protect the young players in the AHL so what does he do? Gallant threw a dangerous board in the season opener and got himself ejected. Brannstrom scored the winner in OT.
Next game was a back to back, Gallant didn't play and Colorado went headhunting on Brannstrom.

Useless.
I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad