Kings News: Fiala to for 2022 first-round pick and Brock Faber

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Seeing the title of this thread had me so confused for a split second. Thought maybe they were going into seller mode and traded Fiala. Lol
this is why i hate bumping old threads

makes the whole front page confusing as hell, especially if there are say, multiple game day threads going with separate conversations

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Going through 16 pages was fun. I was in Poipu when the trade went down and had started drinking by the time I asked deader28 if he was Hoven.

Good times.

As for the Faber rumors of not signing here, I think it is primarily because 99% of the players take the money: especially if the team is also going to put him in the NHL right away. Spence got playoff games that same season so there was a good chance Faber would have either over him or once Spence was benched because he was overmatched physically.

I stated that the writing was on the wall for Faber because we all knew Blake would dangle that 1st round pick and RHD prospects were the area of strength. Blake's a petty bitch so I figured Faber would be the one to go since he didn't sign and he had the most value aside from Clarke who was absolutely not going to be included in a deal.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
I still hate the trade. I hate that the Kings didn't stick with the youth movement. I knew if they moved too fast that they will be a blackhole team like the late 90s/early 2000s teams. I've always been on the aide of getting a player like Patrick Kane on the team but that was when the team was rock solid defensively like between 2012-2015. The Fiala move was going to be to early in the rebuild. I think I'm more mad that Blake had Minnesota over a barrel because they had to move Fiala for anything and he outbid himself. Same thing with PLD. The dude isn't a smart business man and he's proving it over and over again.

Can you imagine if they didn't make the trade and had Faber and Snuggerud (1st round pick that year).

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Bump

What was the reason behind the, ..."he wasn't gonna sign crowd"...? (That includes me)

Was it when they tried to sign him for playoffs and he declined?

Didn't he want another kick at the can with his college team?

Thought I heard on some broadcast that he was actually upset that LA traded him and had a hard time with that.
Why did you bump this rather than continue from the most recent thread?

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Trying to avoid the Fiala/Faber circle jerk :P But I still like this deal. Fiala is a game-breaking player (jokingly either way just to head off all those ready-to-reply) but his value and deal are fine despite Faber's development or now becoming a top player in the NHL already to some eyes. It reminds me of the reaction to losing Cernak.

I am fine about arguing the timing of the deal and the philosophy of the rebuild which obviously has many questions surrounding it right now given this ridiculous swing of a season, but Fiala is locked into a solid number in his prime and has been good enough even during arguably one of his worst and most divisive seasons. Last year he was a literal superstar for us.

The deal that broke the team is still the PLD deal, the direction is debatable, but there was only one deal that truly broke the camel's back. Outside of that, sure everything Blake has done can be picked a part as the full plan is laid out and easy to criticize right now, but I don't have much to complain about for this deal in a vacuum.

The trade value is still fine even though Faber wasn't going to be thrown out there ahead of Doughty, Clarke, Spence, Roy, and so on. He would have toiled in the AHL for four seasons and been treated like Moverare if he had stayed. That is a bigger crime than dealing him and getting value while we could which turned into the most talented player on the team who, like most, are oft misused.

Nice to see that you haven't learned anything in two years.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Why did you bump this rather than continue from the most recent thread?
So that Bland could teabag you about Fiala from 2 years ago :biglaugh::
Becoming increasingly obvious that they never wanted to rebuild. Faber is going to be a 22 minute stud defender very quickly.

See what I mean about racing to the middle? Here comes another season of 20+ minutes a night for Kopitar with another mismatched winger who won't know how to or enjoy playing with him.

Guessing we will now see Vilardi, Turcotte, Bjornfot, Spence and Iafallo dealt for Crouse and Chychrun.

Sad to see so many fans here thinking this is the right way to do business.
Edit: I WISH we had dealt Vilardi for Crouse and Chychrun instead of the shitbrick we ended up dealing him for.... f***.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: Telos and LAKings88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad