Recalled/Assigned: Fiala called up

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
If fairness, he had some really, really bad turnovers the game before last night. Giving him some rest and letting him watch the game last night and then get back to it tonight isn't necessarily a bad thing for the youngster.

Last night was actually the second game in a row Fiala was scratched. Kinda curious why he is still up. It is a disservice to have him up and riding the pine.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Last night was actually the second game in a row Fiala was scratched. Kinda curious why he is still up. It is a disservice to have him up and riding the pine.

Road trip and need an extra to scratch just in case a last minute injury occurs. Although if we are not playing him, we should send him down and call up someone else.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
If sound transition play from the blueline actually irritates you, no wonder you're so grumpy. Especially since it takes quality centers to be able to get away with making that play...

I am with Byrd on this. Josi and Ekholm need to stop pinching so much. This is getting this team into trouble and causing breakaways more often than not. Part of this is because the forwards who are expected to fill their role in the brief time they are pinching are doing so.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I have no problem with sound transition play when we can. The thing is, Forsberg is playing on the wing. He too often lapsing back into that center role. I think that is one of his problems. It may be that is Lavi and Poiles plan to transition him to center at some point but I think it is creating challenges now with who ever is centering the line he is on.

No you speak of sound transition we are still struggling there. The lack of accurate passing continues to hobble this team and it is nothing we have not known for a long while. At this point at least we do have FF Josi Ekllis who can bring the puck into the zone. Hopefully we never return to the dump and chase days. When Kimmo was carrying the puck in you could always count he was going to dump the puck. That is one thing that I have seen enough of. We are not as efficient as most teams but its leaps and bounds better than years ago.

Okay, Forsberg accidentally trying to take the center's cover job - or any other such cover failures - is a very, very different complaint from "Josi keeps pinching in". Somebody's got to get the puck in the zone or we might as well inform the other guys that they won't be needing their goaltender that evening.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
the problem on the two on ones that we do give up isn't really that josi and eckholm are pinching too often, you want them doing just that, their ability to carry the puck down is our best offensive weapon. the problem is that like most of our defensive woes this season is that forwards aren't always doing their job rotating out and covering the point like they are supposed to when they do. last night we gave up that two on one and goal that was eckholms fault admittedly, but we also gave up 3 three on twos that were from 3 forwards getting caught in deep.

Nashville Transplant

Feb 28, 2013
Nash/LA
Road trip and need an extra to scratch just in case a last minute injury occurs. Although if we are not playing him, we should send him down and call up someone else.

Milwaukee has no games from this past Sunday to next Saturday, so sending him down before last night's game was not in the cards. Leaving him with the big club was the option. He may draw in tonight, he may not... Really makes no difference at this point. Team is winning.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
the problem on the two on ones that we do give up isn't really that josi and eckholm are pinching too often, you want them doing just that, their ability to carry the puck down is our best offensive weapon. the problem is that like most of our defensive woes this season is that forwards aren't always doing their job rotating out and covering the point like they are supposed to when they do. last night we gave up that two on one and goal that was eckholms fault admittedly, but we also gave up 3 three on twos that were from 3 forwards getting caught in deep.
I'm going to echo this and I want no comments from the centennial peanut gallery .

fiveAMpractice

Oct 19, 2014
It was mentioned in the media how quick the transition was on the Neal goal.
Thank god it was B.Jackman on the ice who had enough experience to understand what was taking place with the opposition and saw Neal and Fisher breaking out on the far boards.
Not to criticize our rushing defence but too often the forwards have to pull up or skate in circles waiting . Certain defenceman end up skating the puck in a wonderful rush only to deposit it in the corner with no end result or shot on net. Looks good if you only watch the team once in awhile but you start to shake your head if it goes on too much.
I'm all for Lavy's system but I'm wondering if the opposition teams know just to let them go and cover the shooters that they will hand it over on a silver platter, with numbers going the other way.

I Will Son

An Army of One
Feb 15, 2010
Nashville
6:42 TOI tonight. Really baffling to me what Laviolette is doing with him.

Not really. With all the penalties by both teams Fiala isn't going to get much time. Too much PP and PK time which he isn't ready for. Plus in the 3rd, we didn't need him out there, this game was too important and CGY was on the attack for most of the period. We needed our more experienced and defensive guys out there. The points were too important too risk throwing away. Im not trying to knock on Fiala, he is one of my favorite prospects we have ever had and I have very high hopes for him. But it's really not baffling to me. It was good coaching on Lavys part and lets be honest, he hasn't been that great since his 1st game when he scored. You can't just reward a 19 year old for nothing

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I thought he did ok for what time he did get tonight, but with all the PK's at the end of the first and then the opposite in the second he didn't get his normal time early. I'm guessing he's been used sparingly in the third since being called up.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
I understand, but I don't think the kid should be up here at this point. He needs to be learning in the AHL.

Or traded for a top 6 forward with a contract in hand.

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
And just like that...

@cellblock303: Fiala back to Milwaukee during the AllStar break per Poile on @949Game2 @AtoZSports

Poile also said they will have a meeting this weekend to discuss whether or not to recall him after the ASG and he added they may have to recall someone else.

Poile also said he sees Fiala more as longer-term significant contributor than immediate help.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Poile also said they will have a meeting this weekend to discuss whether or not to recall him after the ASG and he added they may have to recall someone else.

Poile also said he sees Fiala more as longer-term significant contributor than immediate help.

Hope Poile sticks to that. Fiala needs more time to cook. I do think they needed to take a look at him to see where he is at. It will make a difference in what Poile does in terms of adding players. I do not think there is a player left they want to look at now before making a decision where to add.

I expect Wilson back after the dog and pony show this weekend. I doubt there will be a need to recall anyone.

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
57 has been practicing as well. He and 33 should be back. No harm in sending the kid down with a few things to keep working on. Let him know that if he continues on this path, he is #1 recall. Dangle the carrot

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
57 has been practicing as well. He and 33 should be back. No harm in sending the kid down with a few things to keep working on. Let him know that if he continues on this path, he is #1 recall. Dangle the carrot

That's odd the last I saw on Borque was he started practice on the 11th. 17 days ago something is fishy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad