Recalled/Assigned: Fiala called up

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I don't see Lavi putting him on the top line, just a gut feeling, but with the way he moves people all over the place it wouldn't shock me.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Could see him starting on the 3rd line. Move up in time based on performance.

How was he playing up to the promotion?

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Dang, we didn't heap that much on RyJo........

But but were talking about a 19 year old phenom not seen since Sid the kid came to the league. Prepare to hoist a cross and drag it down Broadway just for the chance to view our savior.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
If you believe the guy who called the Jones/RyJo trade as a straight up 1 for 1 before it was announced, this may be us showcasing Fiala for a trade

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
If you believe the guy who called the Jones/RyJo trade as a straight up 1 for 1 before it was announced, this may be us showcasing Fiala for a trade

Poile also said he would've like to leave Fiala in Milwaukee for the rest of the year but desperate times call for desperate measures. He thought he should give Fiala a chance. Maybe he is showcasing. If it's for Drouin I think it's a mistake but that's just me.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Poile also said he would've like to leave Fiala in Milwaukee for the rest of the year but desperate times call for desperate measures. He thought he should give Fiala a chance. Maybe he is showcasing. If it's for Drouin I think it's a mistake but that's just me.

if it is maybe Fiala pulls a Blum and plays so well Poile is forced to keep him(as long as he doesnt fully recapitulate Blums career path)

1stLineCottonCandy

Apr 7, 2013
Chattanooga
Can only hope this is a statement to the team saying that you either produce or pack your bags. Can only hope it applies to the dead weight that is the fourth line

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
if it is maybe Fiala pulls a Blum and plays so well Poile is forced to keep him(as long as he doesnt fully recapitulate Blums career path)

As Steve says hockey is a funny game. Maybe Fiala has some chemistry with two forwards and they go on a hot streak and it catapults the team up the standings. You just never know what's going to happen when you put 18 guys on the ice. You can have the best players and they don't work and you can have very good players that gel. If Fiala can make those around him better and/or vice versa then maybe we have something. I'm not holding my breath but this team needs some dynamic players in the lineup and Fiala can be that. Is he ready, who knows. I hope he is.

One thing Lavi is known for is working with young talented forwards. Maybe adding Fiala helps.

When we dropped Forsberg back to the Smith/Ribeiro line that line had more pop to it and while losing Forsberg off the top line hurt Neal/Joey some it didn't make them completely go away. I'd put Fiala with Joey and Neal as they are bigger guys and he can be the little water bug with them. He sees the ice great and is a playmaker. Could work. Leave Forsberg with Ribeiro and Smith and you have two lines that can hopefully generate some offense. If it works, when Wilson is back put him with Fisher and a another winger and you have 3 lines. Maybe? Just Maybe?

preds1

Apr 2, 2010
TN
There are 2-1/2 to 3 lines providing jack Schlitz.
I'm not pinning my hopes on a rookie, but don't have a problem with this at all.

Last edited:

WartracePred

Sep 29, 2009

This is about as un-Poile as it gets. Even when the team fell to the bottom of the standings a few years ago, I don't remember hearing this type of language. I think he's feeling heat from the owners. He replaced Trotz, now his foundation (Weber and Rinne) is starting to erode. Could we be witnessing the end of his tenure as GM?

Back on topic... even at his best, Fiala may help marginally, but he is not going to turn this ship around. No one is pulling their weight aside from the first line and the D corp. The Forwards group needs to be rebuilt. I have no confidence that Poile is capable. Based on his comment, I don't even think Poile believes he can.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Yes! Now I know he may not turn the ship around but he is better than some of our 3rd/4th liners right now. And there's no risk at all if he doesn't succeed, he'll be a good player in the future. No risk-medium reward.

RomanEmpire

Feb 26, 2013
Nashville, TN
This is about as un-Poile as it gets. Even when the team fell to the bottom of the standings a few years ago, I don't remember hearing this type of language. I think he's feeling heat from the owners. He replaced Trotz, now his foundation (Weber and Rinne) is starting to erode. Could we be witnessing the end of his tenure as GM?

Back on topic... even at his best, Fiala may help marginally, but he is not going to turn this ship around. No one is pulling their weight aside from the first line and the D corp. The Forwards group needs to be rebuilt. I have no confidence that Poile is capable. Based on his comment, I don't even think Poile believes he can.

How is Weber "eroding"?

On pace for ~50 points. He's fine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad