Prospect Info: Ferland Charged With Assault

kirant

Kiprusoffarian
Dec 2, 2011
Ala Francis (Take what you will from it):
Eric Francis ‏@EricFrancis Police say Ferland struck male in the face as the victim attended to a person pushed to the ground. Victim suffered broken orbital bone.

Eric Francis ‏@EricFrancis Ferland left the scene and was later arrested. Source says he was w family members at the time and they had been asked to leave the bar

J Murda

Oct 1, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
Can't wait until he's breaking faces for the Flames. Hopefully it's something that gets thrown out and it doesn't affect his career in any way.

thrillhouse99

Aug 4, 2012
Who parties in Cochrane? :dunno:

Friggin everybody dude. It's packed with swinging hotspots. And if that's not your thing you can pass the day away cruising in front of mackays with the windows down and eminem blaring in your 89 gmc Sierra.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
I know some of Ferland's family and from what I heard he didn't really do anything. Some ****** in the bar wanted a piece of him because of who he is and his family and friends stepped in. The police showed up and the other party pointed out that Michael had attacked the guy

I going to assume this will go away. I know Michael outside the rink and he isn't that type of guy. Different when the game is on that is for sure

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
I know some of Ferland's family and from what I heard he didn't really do anything. Some ****** in the bar wanted a piece of him because of who he is and his family and friends stepped in. The police showed up and the other party pointed out that Michael had attacked the guy

I going to assume this will go away. I know Michael outside the rink and he isn't that type of guy. Different when the game is on that is for sure

Thanks, this is somewhat comforting to hear. All I've ever heard about Ferland is how he's the nicest guy away from the ice. How he's the kind of kid who, not coming from the best situation, isn't taking anything for granted.

Hopefully it happened exactly like you said, and this can go away for Ferland and the Flames very quickly.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Thanks, this is somewhat comforting to hear. All I've ever heard about Ferland is how he's the nicest guy away from the ice. How he's the kind of kid who, not coming from the best situation, isn't taking anything for granted.

Hopefully it happened exactly like you said, and this can go away for Ferland and the Flames very quickly.

Yah, from the lawyer statement, it seems like Ferland isn't denying being there, he is just saying he didn't do anything wrong.. But even if it didn't go exactly like that, and Ferland did knock someone out, I seriously doubt it happened the way it was reported, Ferland doesn't seem like the type off the ice just to lace a guy while he's trying to "attend" to the fallen.. Sounds like either complete bull, or they tried to jump him and were very unsuccessful.. Either way, I'm thinking this gets thrown away anyways, it's not an image ruining event in any case..

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Why are people endorsing this, even if its joking? We don't need a off the ice trouble maker, thats the last thing this team needs.

I don't know anything about Ferland personally so I won't comment on such. Hopefully he didn't do anything as the one poster claimed and this doesn't cause any problems for him. I do know that athletes are often targets of idiots, so hopefully this is the case here.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Yah, from the lawyer statement, it seems like Ferland isn't denying being there, he is just saying he didn't do anything wrong.. But even if it didn't go exactly like that, and Ferland did knock someone out, I seriously doubt it happened the way it was reported, Ferland doesn't seem like the type off the ice just to lace a guy while he's trying to "attend" to the fallen.. Sounds like either complete bull, or they tried to jump him and were very unsuccessful.. Either way, I'm thinking this gets thrown away anyways, it's not an image ruining event in any case..

I bet you anything this.

1st guy comes at him, Ferland knocks him out, 2nd guy comes at Ferland..

Cops get there, "I was helping my friend get up, who he knocked out."

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Why are people endorsing this, even if its joking? We don't need a off the ice trouble maker, thats the last thing this team needs.

I don't know anything about Ferland personally so I won't comment on such. Hopefully he didn't do anything as the one poster claimed and this doesn't cause any problems for him. I do know that athletes are often targets of idiots, so hopefully this is the case here.

Have you ever BEEN in a bar?

**** happens. Often it's out of your control. One incident does not an "off the ice trouble maker" make...

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Have you ever BEEN in a bar?

**** happens. Often it's out of your control. One incident does not an "off the ice trouble maker" make...

I NEVER inferred that Ferland was involved in anything. People are applauding him for being a ****kicker in a bar, which I think BS. I was simply implying that if the accusations ARE true, why people think that is a good thing is beyond me. I will not form an opinion either way on the matter until the investigation is concluded.

But yes, I have been to a bar and I am aware that happens. I also eluded to that athletes are typically setup for this type of BS which is why I am inclined to initially side with Ferland here.

Sorry, I should of been more clear in my post. I can see the reason for the confusion.

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/flames-prospect-michael-ferland-sued-over-bar-fight-1.2720688

update on the story.

Summed up: Ferland cleared by jury, now getting sued for the damages (civil suit).

/
The more I read about this the it sounds like (as was mentioned earlier)

Some idiot went after (started a fight with/jumped/assaulted) Ferland and when that didn't work out for him the next guy trying to break it up/check out the guy on the ground... rushed in doing nothing to show that he wasn't also jumping on Ferland (which he may have been, then decided he want after getting hit) and ended up getting punched for his efforts as a "3rd-man-in" and now he's suing for getting punched while jumping into a fight (which in fairness to him he likely wasn't trying to continue; but the jury has this right if that's what happened)

Last edited:

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
Friggin everybody dude. It's packed with swinging hotspots. And if that's not your thing you can pass the day away cruising in front of mackays with the windows down and eminem blaring in your 89 gmc Sierra.

yes...i know what these words mean...
hB8A6EEFE

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille