Recalled/Assigned: Ferland back in Adirondack/Colborne Activated from IR

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
He would have done the same IMO. It was about having depth as much as it was about not being sure if guys were ready. Had he not acquired Bollig, Raymond and Setoguchi it would have been Hanowski & co that were called up as injury replacements rather than the guys we did call up.

And honestly the only rookies that have earned the full-time gig IMO are Gaudreau and Jooris. Ferland has shown he is not out of place in the NHL, but was clearly not ready to contribute offensively. Granlund started hot but has not been the same the last several games.

Yep, Gaudreau earned his spot from the spot and Jooris earned Setoguchi's spot. Granlund/Ferland/Baertschi/Knight were all good in their call ups, so that is a great sign.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Yep, Gaudreau earned his spot from the spot and Jooris earned Setoguchi's spot. Granlund/Ferland/Baertschi/Knight were all good in their call ups, so that is a great sign.
Yep exactly and as Treliving has made quite clear the looking good in the NHL is not enough, they need to be ready to be contributors.

I didn't include Knight in anything I said because he only got a pair of games, but as a guy who played 4th line centre and saw the ice for less than 13 minutes total I thought he impressed. He was not on the ice for any goals against, had no giveaways, had 4 hits and went a very impressive 9 for 11 on faceoffs. So far in his brief NHL career he is over 53% on faceoffs.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Yep exactly and as Treliving has made quite clear the looking good in the NHL is not enough, they need to be ready to be contributors.

I didn't include Knight in anything I said because he only got a pair of games, but as a guy who played 4th line centre and saw the ice for less than 13 minutes total I thought he impressed. He was not on the ice for any goals against, had no giveaways, had 4 hits and went a very impressive 9 for 11 on faceoffs. So far in his brief NHL career he is over 53% on faceoffs.

I think Knight is a great player, I just don't think he'll find his way into our lineup, unfortunately. I included him because he was a call up as well. I think a team that could use center depth could use Knight, he'd be a cheaper option.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

I thought Knight looked good as well in his very short stint. I think he will make a decent utility player but I doubt it will be with the Flames.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I think Knight is a great player, I just don't think he'll find his way into our lineup, unfortunately. I included him because he was a call up as well. I think a team that could use center depth could use Knight, he'd be a cheaper option.

I thought Knight looked good as well in his very short stint. I think he will make a decent utility player but I doubt it will be with the Flames.

Funny enough I think we could and should use him. The fact we keep using Bouma as a 4th line centre is a ****ing joke. If winning faceoffs were akin to tying his shoes, Bouma would need to have velcro shoes. Knight is defensively reliable, he has the size and ability to play physically and he can win faceoffs. Quite frankly he is our best option for 4th line centre and the fact he hasn't hardly had an opportunity is a bit of a joke if you ask me. Dressing skill guys like Baertschi or Granlund on the 4th line is completely useless and Knight should be playing there instead of them.

HAKAN LOOB

Oct 5, 2013
Quite frankly he is our best option for 4th line centre and the fact he hasn't hardly had an opportunity is a bit of a joke if you ask me. Dressing skill guys like Baertschi or Granlund on the 4th line is completely useless and Knight should be playing there instead of them.

I know there was a lot of whining about Baertschi's treatment (I did some) but Knight was really the guy who got dicked around the most. I think if he was called up originally instead of Reinhart, he would've had a better chance to stick around though.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
I feel like Ferland is going to be such a beast in his prime. His ability to stay on his skates in the physical areas and his hands in tight are both pretty impressive already.

But also happy that Big Joe is back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad