Post-Game Talk: Feline

3 Stars

• Total voters

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Messy game. Our d has really struggled with the forecheck the last three games. Fox makes the rest of our team so much better, he's truly the most amazing skater we've had since leech and I wouldn't be surprised if ends up even better. Kakko was really great too. Always happy to see halak win after a brutal start to the year, he was excellent.

Can't be upset with a win, but I this team needs to get in gear and go on a run again. This division is not giving up points.

xsniper11x

Jul 12, 2002
Visit site
3rd line (Laf, chytil, vesey) was pretty invisible, and also lost minutes because of the special teams.

Krav was ok, he's just been watching a bit too much of Panarin's "it's a million to 1 this pass will work but it'll look sweet if it does" tape and trying to emulate it
11.6mm to 1 pass

Here’s a trade everyone and their brother can tell you that Florida should have made last season:

Lundell for Buchnevich.
Would’ve been nice, but they wanted a righty who could also play C. So they went w/ Reinhart, and still didn’t part w/ Lundell.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: mike14

StorminSnvechnAho

There is a storm coming prepare for the Surge
Feb 15, 2021
NC
Congrats on the win! The Canes see you on Tuesday, I hope we have Kochetkov in net... And we could see a Mac Pac debut.

Reactions: tlk

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
Best moment in the game. First shift of 4v4 GG put out Kakko and Laf. They had a strong shift, very next shift Rangers score. Not only was it an example of GG recognizing he needs to get Kakko out there more but it was a nice gesture to Laffy who I think should take some shifts in the middle.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I'd LOVE to see Kakko replace Trocheck on the first PP unit for a bit. Trocheck's bread and butter on the PP his whole career has been in front of the net...where Kreider already is. If Kreider goes down with an injury he can take that spot. Kakko would give that first unit a totally different look with someone who can hog the puck and actually skate around with it looking for open men. Aside from Fox, nobody is really moving on our PP.

Though Trocheck did have the goal of the game on that PP goal he scored. What a sequence by him to get back on defense then fly up to score the goal.

Last edited:

Kodiak

Feb 27, 2002
Ranger fan in Philly
Wasn't able to watch--did Chytil, Krav, and Laf have bad games? They seemed to have fewer minutes than usual (particularly odd for Chytil, who seems to have had GG's trust lately).

Chytil’s line did not look good. Chytil in particular made one really bad play and was mostly invisible. He’s back to being saddled with the worst wingers, so he has a struggling Lafreniere and play-killing Vesey to work with, and that’s certainly not helping. I think a more balanced third line will help, and that it’s a credit to Chytil that a bad game from him is now mostly neutral instead of a net negative.

Kravtsov looked fairly good on Panarin’s line. He made some good plays in the defensive end to push the play forward but didn’t create many chances. There was a lot of special teams play that also limited their 5v5 time.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
I'd LOVE to see Kakko replace Trocheck on the first PP unit for a bit. Trocheck's bread and butter on the PP his whole career has been in front of the net...where Kreider already is. If Kreider goes down with an injury he can take that spot. Kakko would give that first unit a totally different look with someone who can hog the puck and actually skate around with it looking for open men. Aside from Fox, nobody is really moving on our PP.

Though Trocheck did have the goal of the game on that PP goal he scored. What a sequence by him to get back on defense then fly up to score the goal.
Kakko being a switch sticker would be interesting. That's like Ohtani S.

Row I Goon

Nov 14, 2018
Really interesting stat on the post-game analysis clip about Harper having 100+ mins TOI with only a single GA.

Also, that Panther’s strip is possibly the ugliest thing I’ve seen since the family made me wear ridiculous matchy-matchy pyjamas for Xmas lunch…..

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
- Kakko was great today.

- Kravy was really strong along the walls. Made some really nifty plays. Was really important player on his line away from the puck. Good for him.

- Laffy made some decent defensive plays today. Still fighting it, but gotta build on small things right now.

- Only player that didn't look good to decent was Blais. He just doesn't have the footspeed right now. It's nowhere near what it was before the injury. He doesn't play the simplest, smartest game and when he isn't at full speed it's riskier than it needs to be. Good example, late in the game, he had the puck deep in Panthers zone. Likely could have just held onto the puck and burned some time but instead tried to force a pass into the middle. In general, I think the Rangers are guilty of forcing passes instead of just eating the puck along the walls in the O zone. Much better to eat and extend the play as help arrives. esp on the bottom 6 when those plays rarely if ever lead to a goal.

- could just be matchups creating a mirage, but I trust Schneids out there more than Troubs. And as much as that is an indictment of Troubs, it's far more of a compliment to Schneider. He has really become a reliable player out there.

Schneider was huge on that second goal. That's my boy! ;)

Reactions: egelband

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad