Confirmed with Link: Fedun signed 2-way 2-year contract

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
Very happy with this. I liked what he did in Buffalo.

How was he in Rochester? Could this be a player that benefits (in Roch) from an organizational change in system?

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
Awesome. Was actually a little worried we might lose him. I like him a lot more as a depth player than guys like Gorges or Falk... seems like Fedun better fits the skilled, mobile defender mold that Boots is going for.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
Even if we made no other moves, I'd take Fedun as the #6 in Buffalo to start with.

McCabe-Risto
Beaulieu-Bogo
Fedun-Antipin
x-Gorges

Falk to Rochester.

Something along those lines. Of course, ideally, get someone even better to help out the left side and let Fedun help Rochester/be one of the first up in case of injury.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
Even if we made no other moves, I'd take Fedun as the #6 in Buffalo to start with.

McCabe-Risto
Beaulieu-Bogo
Fedun-Antipin
x-Gorges

Falk to Rochester.

Something along those lines. Of course, ideally, get someone even better to help out the left side and let Fedun help Rochester/be one of the first up in case of injury.

I'd rather send Gorges to Rochester and have Falk be on the big club.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
I'd rather send Gorges to Rochester and have Falk be on the big club.
Gorges only has a year left, I think Falk is a better option for helping/growing in Roch personally. Of those two. Make Gorges the #7 and make sure he gets very limited ice time, really only in emergencies where we don't have time to fly someone better up. :D Let him be a coaches aide, helping in practices and mentoring the new guys.

EDIT: I think that should probably be Gorges role this year, no matter who ends up on the team in October. He'd probably rather be a mentor in the NHL, then relegated to/buried in the AHL too... even if he knows he probably won't be playing much. Strikes me as the type anyways.

Last edited:

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005

McCabe-Risto
Beaulieu-Bogo
Fedun-Antipin
x-Gorges

Falk to Rochester.

Falk's on a 1-way. Fedun is on a 2-way. I see Bogo moving to left and Falk playing over Bogo before I see Fedun playing.

That being said, we aren't in cap trouble this year and it won't make a difference either way.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Falk's on a 1-way. Fedun is on a 2-way. I see Bogo moving to left and Falk playing over Bogo before I see Fedun playing.

That being said, we aren't in cap trouble this year and it won't make a difference either way.
I think we still have to reach cap floor.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
This should be just the first step in rejuvenating the d this summer. Still looking at 1-2 for Rochester, depending on how ready Stephens and Florentino are. Then, you have to find a way to make Gorges the 7th man.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
This should be just the first step in rejuvenating the d this summer. Still looking at 1-2 for Rochester, depending on how ready Stephens and Florentino are. Then, you have to find a way to make Gorges the 7th man.

Wouldn't the 2 NHL ready D they acquired have been the first steps?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad