Fedotenko

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoupeStanley

Dec 1, 2003
Nicolet
coupestanley.com
TORRUS said:
It's not about Fedotenko, but the same question.

Antropov is also Ukrainan and I know he played in Russia (but I don't know for how long). Doesen't matter now... I'm interested in your opinions about him in Russian team. I think he's a great center and could be very usefull to RUS team (if eligible). This season hasn't been perfect for him, but last season (especialy at the end and in the playoffs) he was scoring almost every game. When in shape he's a hell of a player. Maybe in couple of years, with Fedorov and Yashin gone, he could make the team (once again, if eligible). If not, I would like to see him play for Ukraine!

MOGiLNY said:
Yes, I watched the playoffs, Antropov was one of the Leafs' best forwards. Half the penalties he got were dives by Ottawa.

Leafs fans :shakehead :banghead: :dunno:
Antropov hasnt scored a playoff goal since early in the 2000-2001 run.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
CoupeStanley said:
Leafs fans :shakehead :banghead: :dunno:
Antropov hasnt scored a playoff goal since early in the 2000-2001 run.

don't group us all with this guy....no way does Nik make Team Russia....watching him play sometimes I can't believe he made the Leafs.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
MOGiLNY said:
You wonder how Nik made the Leafs?? Him and Nieuwendyk formed the Leafs' best line this year.

I said "sometimes I wonder". More like Joe and Poni carried Nik. Sorry you won't convince me that he could make Team Russia.

Make a poll, see if you're right.

balddog66

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
Fedotenko had a great playoffs, but to say he's going to be a clutch player for years to come is stretching it...he's still a 20-25 goal 50 point regular season player at best, imo.

Anyone else remember Chris Kontos or John Druce?

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
I said "sometimes I wonder". More like Joe and Poni carried Nik. Sorry you won't convince me that he could make Team Russia.

Make a poll, see if you're right.

What's a poll going to prove? That a lot of people don't like Antropov? Since other people's opinion matters so much to you, let's see what Quinn thinks.. after all he benched Francis in the last game of the playoffs but Antropov was still there. Antropov also got almost as much ice time as Mogilny and had MORE icetime than Nieuwendyk. So Quinn obviously thinks highly of the kid, and his opinion is worth much much more than a poll on this board.

Also, Poni is the one who was carried on the skyline. As soon as the line was broken up, he was completely ineffective just like he was ineffective before the line was formed and all the other years that he tried to crack the Leaf lineup.

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
MOGiLNY said:
And please tell me why Antropov wouldn't make team Russia. Is he not better than Zubrus and Sushinsky?

I can't say that I know anything about Sushinsky, but Antropov is not a better player than Zubrus.

joe_shannon_1983*

Antropov is garbage.

- He makes dumb decisions with the puck, turning the puck over a lot and frequently destroying his teams transitition game.
- He is an absolutely brutal skater.
- He has no accuracy on his shot.
- He telegraphs his passes which make them easy to intercept.
- He can not be effective while playing physical without taking penalties.
- His defensive awareness is below-average.
- He disappears in clutch moments.
- He is quite injury-prone.

There is no way Antropov makes a Russian World Cup Team. There is no one on Russia who Antropov is better than.

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
It seems that none of you know anything about Sushinsky, but yet still claim that he's better than Antropov.

and shannonman, you gotta stop listening to Don Cherry

Optikal33

Jun 6, 2004
MOGiLNY said:
You wonder how Nik made the Leafs?? Him and Nieuwendyk formed the Leafs' best line this year.

It may be my first post here... but aren't there usually 3 forwards in a line?

And You ask about Sushinsky, he was on the 94 WJC and 99 world championship teams, and had two stellar seasons with Avangard Omsk of the Russian League... Antropov however, DID NOT get more ice time than Mogilny, and received 30 seconds per game more ice time than both Francis (12 games) and Nieuwendyk (9 game)... As a center, Antropov recieved less ice time than both Sundin and Reichel, and had 2 assists with a +1, and just happened to finish second on the Leafs in PIMS in the playoffs.. Oh but none of that really matters, lets look at SHIFTS per game. Antropov got the average of 20 someodd shifts per game that most of the leafs centers got... Not exactly sure he would be a good addition to Team Russia...

*edited* Changed Cup to Championship...

Last edited:

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
It may be my first post here... but aren't there usually 3 forwards in a line?

Ponikarovsky was a passenger on that line.

And You ask about Sushinsky, he was on the 94 WJC and 99 world cup teams, and had two stellar seasons with Avangard Omsk of the Russian League...

That's great, except there was no world cup in 99, and when Suschinsky played in the NHL he was nothing special at best, so i don't care what he does in the Russian league.

Antropov however, DID NOT get more ice time than Mogilny, and received 30 seconds per game more ice time than both Francis (12 games) and Nieuwendyk (9 game)...

I never said Antropov played more than Mogilny, all I said was that he had almost as much icetime as Mogilny.

As a center, Antropov recieved less ice time than both Sundin and Reichel, and had 2 assists with a +1, and just happened to finish second on the Leafs in PIMS in the playoffs.. Oh but none of that really matters, lets look at SHIFTS per game. Antropov got the average of 20 someodd shifts per game that most of the leafs centers got...

You forgot one thing statsman, Antropov played as a centre about one game during the playoffs, he spent the rest of his time playing on the right wing as well as a game or two on the left..

Not exactly sure he would be a good addition to Team Russia...

your post just proved that you haven't actually watched him play, nor did you prove why Suschinsky is better than him..

nordique

wilka91 said:
Because he's a former citizen of the Soviet Union and that he has already chosen to play for Ukraine, unlike Zubrus, who has never played for Lithuania.

But that doesn't matter since the World Cup is not an IIHF tournament. Petr Nedved isn't allowed to play for the Czechs in the World Championships or Olympics since he dressed for Canada in international competition, but he could have been named to the Czech (or Canadian) roster for the World Cup. In fact, Nedved played for the Czechs in the '96 World Cup after having played for Canada at the '94 Olympics in Lillehammer.

The IIHF has nothing to do with the World Cup - it's entirely organized by the NHL and NHLPA.

The True Blue Crew

Jun 11, 2004
steps to the ACC
i have to disagree with you on this one.
sorry, dude, but nik isn't consistent. he's been given a chance to improve,
and this year without any major surgeries he hasn't done much.
he's got a spirit for sure, but his input in play offs was minimal

MOGiLNY said:
Yes he is.

joe_shannon_1983*

MOGiLNY said:
It seems that none of you know anything about Sushinsky, but yet still claim that he's better than Antropov.

and shannonman, you gotta stop listening to Don Cherry

I don't listen to Don Cherry. I don't like Don Cherry. I listen to my own judgement calls. And based on my judgement, and many other people's judgement in the hockey world, Antropov is a load of garbage.

Why don't you quit listening to your Maple Leafs bias? Are you one of those Maple Leafs fans that thought that Antropov was going to be another Lemieux or Beliveau, or even another Sundin? I remember when a lot of Toronto fans thought that, pointing out that Antropov is their same size. Yes he is their same size. Too bad his skill is way behind.

Antropov will become a Viktor Kozlov clone at best, without the smoothness of Kozlov.

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Antropov's nowhere close to Sundin, Lemieux or guys like that, but that doesn't make him garbage.

As I've said before, he's an excellent 2 way forward who plays PP, PK and does everything on the ice that a coach can ask him for.

He and Kozlov are totally different

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
have to disagree with you on this one.
sorry, dude, but nik isn't consistent. he's been given a chance to improve,
and this year without any major surgeries he hasn't done much.
he's got a spirit for sure, but his input in play offs was minimal

the only inconsistency in his game is point production, which is normal for players his age.. look up Bertuzzi or St Louis' stats when they were 24... and btw he did have a separated shoulder this year..

as for the playoffs, aside from a few individuals, everyone's scoring was low on the Leafs, but Antropov was still one of their best forwards every game only behind guys like Nieuwendyk and Sundin.. just ask the Sens players how hard it was to contain this guy along the boards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad