Fedorov Lidstrom in HHOF

andreydali19

They're relentless
Jun 19, 2006
Liv. of Mich.
Last edited:

PuckDynasty

May 3, 2014
Bob Duff was the Red Wings beat writer for the Windsor Star for many years. He's not some kid writing a blog in his mother's basement. He's a reliable source.

If I had a vote, I'd say no on retiring the number. Yzerman and Lidstrom set the bar ridiculously high and Sergei's dalliance with Carolina and bolting for Anaheim keeps him from the club.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Thought this was interesting

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index...y_of_how_dylan_larkin.html#incart_river_index

Larkin "was 25, he was going to be 25 and we picked up Mike Green," said Red Wings equipment manager Paul Boyer. "I had to call him and say 'We got Mike Green. He trumps you.' He said OK and then he went to 17 and we got Brad Richards."

Richards had worn No. 19 with the New York Rangers and No. 91 with both the Dallas Stars and Chicago Blackhawks before signing with the Red Wings as a free agent last summer.

"Richie came in and I said 'You can't have 91' and he said 'I'll take 17,'" Boyer said. "Then I called Dylan and said, 'These are your choices' and it ended up 71. He picked 71."

Was not handing out #91 already policy? Is that new? Did we know about it before?

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
I just want to know if Larkin is gonna stay with 71 for the rest of his career. I want to get a jersey without him changing to 17 next year after Richards is gone

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
I just want to know if Larkin is gonna stay with 71 for the rest of his career. I want to get a jersey without him changing to 17 next year after Richards is gone

They should have given him 17 if he wanted it. Richards presence on this team is Holland token veteran plug irrelevancy.

Glad they are not giving out 91 until its official :)

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
If I had a vote, I'd say no on retiring the number.

Well, you don't have a vote. His number will eventually be retired. It's just a matter of when. if I had to guess it will be as early as next season as it will be the last year at the Joe.

PuckDynasty

May 3, 2014
Well, you don't have a vote. His number will eventually be retired. It's just a matter of when. if I had to guess it will be as early as next season as it will be the last year at the Joe.

And neither do you. It isn't up for a vote or up to the fans. The only vote that counts is that of Mike Ilitch. His grudges are well known. He could forgive and forget, but it wouldn't be surprising if he didn't.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
I think his homecoming at the alumni game was pretty telling. His inclusion in the hall of fame had to start the dialog internally too. But who knows the powers that be might be that upset at how it went down. As a fan I think it would be a shame. 13 seasons from a rookie till he left, 3 cups hart trophy selke trophy. He was arguably the best hockey player on the planet a season or two in a wings jersey.

Its ironic that his contract negotiations were so money centered and then he would go on to loose so much of it to the people he hired to manage it.
http://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...ederov-joseph-zada-scam-investments/27714503/

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad