GDT: February 24th, 2013: Bruins @ Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
I think it's fair to say the season's lost, there's nothing I see to indicate that we'll go and win even 4 in a row, so just gotta start thinking about next season really we must tank now

Gordonx11

#CatsAreComing
Jan 21, 2013
Kansas City, MO
I think it's fair to say the season's lost, there's nothing I see to indicate that we'll go and win even 4 in a row, so just gotta start thinking about next season really we must tank now

Disagree we just need a spark, a little bit of momentum from something. This team has what it takes. Trust me when i say that!

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Where is all this talk about trading Goc coming from? The guy gives 100% every shift and does a very good job!

He does a lot of the little things during the game. He is an ideal 3rd/4th line center for most any team, especially the Panthers. When he was injured you could see how much he was missed.

Do not trade Goc!

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
Where is all this talk about trading Goc coming from? The guy gives 100% every shift and does a very good job!

He does a lot of the little things during the game. He is an ideal 3rd/4th line center for most any team, especially the Panthers. When he was injured you could see how much he was missed.

Do not trade Goc!

:nod:

I'm glad I'm not the only one that notices him.

TheEkbombIsReal

Paaaaaanthers
Aug 19, 2011
Gothenburg
Got nothing against Skille, Goc or Matthias. I've actually been somewhat surprised of how good Matthias has been from time to time this season. When Goc was missing you could really notice it, think he's worth keeping. Same thing with Skille, he seems to have changed his game style a bit.

But yeah, Jovo, Kuba, Upshall, Clemmensen really need to go somewhere else. Interested to see what Tallon is going to do.

hockey dude

Aug 26, 2011
Totally disagree. Matthias has been solid this year but he hasn't done nearly what Goc has done on a consistent basis. The guy uses his size to win battles on the boards, controls pucks well, makes good passes and hustles his ass off. He may not be part of the future but to say he's only the third line center because of faceoffs isn't fair. I think Dineen sees what I see in the way he plays.

I never said he was part of our long term future and if the right offer comes along I'd trade him but he would not be the first guy I'd move by a long shot.

Goc at 29 and his style of play should still be what a lot of teams hoping to make a playoff run will be looking for and therefore should offer a fair return. Just saying Goc staying as a Florida Panther at this time with Matthias ready to go in his place is a logical move and is as good a place as any to truly begin the youth movement.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida

Do not trade Goc!

not from me...hes on the keeper list for me.

Gordonx11

#CatsAreComing
Jan 21, 2013
Kansas City, MO
I dont really understand all the hate on Upshall? You know what your going to get from a guy like Upshall. Hard work and determination every second of every shift. Remember the goal in the playoffs when him and Matthias won 4 strait battles to lead to the goal.( With a little help from Steeger;)) .

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
I dont really understand all the hate on Upshall? You know what your going to get from a guy like Upshall. Hard work and determination every second of every shift. Remember the goal in the playoffs when him and Matthias won 4 strait battles to lead to the goal.( With a little help from Steeger;)) .

yes I remember that One

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008

He's expensive for a guy who never plays. He's untradeable anyway.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Got nothing against Skille, Goc or Matthias. I've actually been somewhat surprised of how good Matthias has been from time to time this season. When Goc was missing you could really notice it, think he's worth keeping. Same thing with Skille, he seems to have changed his game style a bit.

But yeah, Jovo, Kuba, Upshall, Clemmensen really need to go somewhere else. Interested to see what Tallon is going to do.

He wont be able to move Jovo and Upshall. Kuba and Clemmer wont bring back anything of value. We need Tallon to bring back some assets either we can develop, use as other pieces to trade up in the draft, or get a guy who needs a change of scenery. That will require us to move some pieces with value. Otherwise we will have to wait until the draft for big moves.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Goc at 29 and his style of play should still be what a lot of teams hoping to make a playoff run will be looking for and therefore should offer a fair return. Just saying Goc staying as a Florida Panther at this time with Matthias ready to go in his place is a logical move and is as good a place as any to truly begin the youth movement.

What do believe would be a fair return? A second round pick? A player? Goc at 29 still has quite a few good years left in him.

He is not someone who may develop, like Ellerby was, he is a known quality player. Can't go with all youth, need a few vets around too.

Benched

Jan 2, 2007

Excpet Matthias, although he has been good, has done nowhere near all that Goc has done this year. Goc is an all out type of player that inspires young guys around him. You need a few players like that on a youthful team.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
The problem i have with guys like goc, upshall, skille are that those guys are occupying roster spaces that stanley cup contenders would use to fill with guys who have a lot more talent and scoring touch.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
The problem i have with guys like goc, upshall, skille are that those guys are occupying roster spaces that stanley cup contenders would use to fill with guys who have a lot more talent and scoring touch.

To be fair, Goc is a very good third line center. Agree about Upshall and Skille.

Benched

Jan 2, 2007

Goc isn't part of that group. He's a catalyst type player who sets up plays. You need a guy or two like that around. On a better team, there's no doubt in my mind he'd have more points.

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
I tore a ligament in my elbow so the only way for me to post for the time being is on my phone...so im going to keep this short

This season is done. You can just feel it. That being said there are some positives. Huberdeau Mueller Shore Kulikov Matkstrom and to a lesser extent Gudbranson are a nice core of young guys to build around.

We also have some solid vets who will come back next year. Like everyone else... Im growing to love Kopecky. Love his passion. Great 3rd liner.

amf althoigh their play.has been subpar this year... Campbell Fleishmann and Versteeg are still good pieces.

The downside is Tallon has littered this team with what amounts to the hovkey equivalent of diarrhea. Kuba is awful. Jovo is awful. Upshall is useless. Clemmensen sucks. All these guys are signed for next season... but they shouldnt be brought back next season. Theyre terrible. Itll be interesting to see if he can get anyone go take one or two of those players and get us off the hook.

He also needs to replace Smithson, Santorelli, Kovalev and even Matthias/Skille with more effective grinders who are effective in their roles. A team like Boston is not only good because they have offensive players... but they have guys like Paille,Campbell, Kelly, etc who are very VERY good defensive forwards.

Tallon did a very poor job of contructing this team this year. What made us such a good team last year is our downfall this season. Our bottom 6/9 forwards were filled with those typr of guys. Madden. Sturm Samuelsson and Bergenheim replaced by unreliable turds is killing us.

Anyway... all these guys have expiring contracts and/or can be bought out. Kovalev. Smithson. Parros and Santorelli all should be gone. and before anyone defends Parros... did his presence stop us from playing soft tonight? We need team toughness like Boston has. Not one useless goon and a team full of pansies.

Ive also about had it with Skille and Matthias. Theyre not good defensively and i dont thinkbits worth waitibg for them to develop the defensive aspect of their game. IF they ever develop it. Were better off trying to bring in a veteran who can do their kob effectively/bring some experience to what will probably be a young team next year. Theyre dime a dozen players... we threw Campbell into the Horton deal as he was nothing and hes a great 3rd-4th liner.

One last complaint: and ill get bashed for it.... but i still dont like the Gudbranson pick. I love the physical presence he brings. But hes not a good defensman right now. Hes lanky, borderline goofy on his skates. Decent mobility for his size but his defensive game needs a ******** of work. As does his offense. No clue why Dineen has him on the PP. He has no pose with the puck...anyone gets near him and he throws a weak wristsr on net that gets blocked or throws the puck into the corner. Hes also a -10 now in 9 games i think. Brutal.

Hes only 20 so I know he has upside to learn and improve. And i Still consider him part of our core. But i still hate the selection from two years ago. Hes shown me nothing.

So much for keeping the post shirt eh? ;)

What... Is this for real? Oh I get it, damn you auto-correct!

At least I hope. Skille, Matthias and Smithson can do the exact same thing as Kelly, Paille and Campbell. Cheap, reliable, and minus Smithson, young 3rd/4th liners that are almost out scoring our top line.

This isn't a problem of lack of skill. Its a problem with not caring. The vet's don't seem to care and our young guys are trying to steal the show.

hockey dude

Aug 26, 2011
Goc isn't part of that group. He's a catalyst type player who sets up plays. You need a guy or two like that around. On a better team, there's no doubt in my mind he'd have more points.

Exactly, that's why he might offer us a half decent return. All the other players that everyone seems to want to get rid of; in reality what will they bring bacK? Goc has value in the trade market yet in a losing season here, his age and his ability compared to Matthias is not really worth keeping him here in my opinion. Matthias is much younger, already comparable and has more future upside.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Panthers are like 0-2-0 when I haven't watched the game.

Sorry guys. Really, I'm totally to blame for this.

Sorry. I don't expect you to forgive me.

Erick*

Panthers are like 0-2-0 when I haven't watched the game.

Sorry guys. Really, I'm totally to blame for this.

Sorry. I don't expect you to forgive me.

To be fair, that means we're just 5-7-4 when you do watch...

LUUUUUIS

Nov 2, 2011
Florida
Exactly, that's why he might offer us a half decent return. All the other players that everyone seems to want to get rid of; in reality what will they bring bacK? Goc has value in the trade market yet in a losing season here, his age and his ability compared to Matthias is not really worth keeping him here in my opinion. Matthias is much younger, already comparable and has more future upside.

So we should keep the garbage players because the return won't be great?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad