GDT: Feb 15th Chicago at Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada

After the last game they better win the next 3 but this team just always seems to play brutal against bad teams. Killer instinct needed. Just f'ing get a W please.

banks

W W W 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Aug 29, 2019
Should be a fun game.

Chicago is not your typical "bad" team. They're not as wildly inconsistent as you'd expect, and the roster isn't quite dismal on paper. It's not that the players are just no good. They're losing because they lack any reasonable goaltending (we know who Mrazek is), their best players have lost their will to live play and thus have no chemistry, and their depth keeps playing worse with more opportunity instead of rising to it.

So their games are still entertaining and fun, while also being a near automatic win for whoever plays them. Should be fun.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Playing a bottom feeder who is on the 2nd half of back to backs at home. So how are they going to screw this thing up?
Same as always. Come into the game with an arrogant attitude and let the other (NHL) team out work them all over the ice.

There really should be no excuse for this one. No one should be tired, and they should be eager to get a win.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
That lineup makes me wonder if they are testing how Jarnkrok would look on that 3rd line if they got a winger for that 2nd line.
The only other sample they have of him elsewhere was when he was playing injured.
I think he's done pretty well on the 2nd line but he's not a 2nd liner or at least I don't think he's consistent enough there.

Hopefully he plays well on the 3rd line.

Leafs need an upgrade definitely in the 2LW.

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
They are playing the sexy jaxson tonight againzt the habitaires. So we get mrazek :biglaugh: mann he is badder than Michael mann ever was.

#34 matthews is also bringing our gangsta back, so this game is alreeady over

Also, this season Jaxson Stauber might be facing Pheonix Copley at some point of time.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge

Good. I like that lineup. See how it goes.

I don't understand why they don't give ZAR a rest. He offers so little. Steeves had a great night last night against Manitoba scoring a beauty and he worked well with Holmberg. Why don't we give him a good opportunity over a stretch of five games? He ain't any worse than ZAR imo

Reactions: Burnie97

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
I think he's done pretty well on the 2nd line but he's not a 2nd liner or at least I don't think he's consistent enough there.
Hopefully he plays well on the 3rd line.
Leafs need an upgrade definitely in the 2LW.
He's done better than I think a lot of people realize. Since being put on the Tavares-Marner line (and getting healthy), he has 20 points in 26 games. That's a 63 point pace! He obviously wouldn't keep that up on the 3rd line, but if he can keep up a lessened version of it, that depth scoring could be big, and may shift our target more to 2LW instead of somebody for the 3rd line.
He's fast and good defensively, so he has the potential to be a good fit there.

Peace Frog

“Go on, say your thing man”
Jun 18, 2009
Did anyone else hear that Holl is out for trade related reasons?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad