FC Edmonton Thread

Trizent

Mar 4, 2005
Oil Country
The Canadian premier league is an awesome idea and I hope it does well. Don't know why there's so many doubters, more people play soccer than anything else in Canada. The biggest football club in the world runs an academy in Edmonton (FC Barcelona). The Oilers have been awful for forever and I think more people are watching the world/euro cups, european domestic leagues, and champions league. Canada has bright young stars with some of the biggest clubs in the world, like Alphonso Davies who's going to be a star for Bayern Munich and played soccer in Edmonton for years or Ballou Tabla who is going to get a crack at making the very best starting xi in the world in Barcelona. The women are one of the very best teams in the world, and the men have a golden generation coming up, plus the world cup is coming to Canada. There couldn't be a better time for this, I think it's going to blow up across the country, especially with younger kids.

I had season tickets to original NASL Drillers and attended every pro soccer incarnation in Edmonton since. I think there are doubters because every pro team here lost money and no longer exists. During all this time more kids played soccer than any sport. It is hard to convert those kids into being fans. I wish this version all the best.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
$26 bucks doesn't seem that cheap for something that has struggled to gain traction in the past.

Reactions: TB12

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad