OT: Favrourite Radio Host

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
As an individual its McCown. He and his show cover topics that no one in Toronto does, and to an intelligence level that none of the other shows get even close to.

That said, Leafs Lunch is my favourite show, but thats based on the strength of the three hosts and the way they play off each other.

Maximus74

Mar 5, 2006
Ontario
It was Tim & Sid... I kind of hope their show fails so they go back to radio...

That and Dean Blundell is terrible.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Bryan Hayes is probably the best. McCown is knowledgeable but too arrogant.

Blundell and Richards are creeps, and Dave Naylor has a voice for print.

achtungbaby

Oct 31, 2006
Bob is the best. Has sidekicks around to fill in his crustiness. Used to love his "The Business of Sport" show on TSN as brief as it was.

Borschevsky

Aug 9, 2005
I guess I'm in the minority. Hayes, Mclennan, and O'Neil bore the hell out of me. It's just their conversational style. It doesn't matter what the topic is, it always sounds the same.

"He's such an important piece of the puzzle"
"Okay, okay. But here's the thing......"

At the same time, I think that's why so many of you like Hayes. He's not polarizing and doesn't really seem to take too many sides. The only times I enjoy listening to them is when Ferraro is on.

He's also technically not a host but Vendetta has to be one of the worst when he's interviewing someone. He goes on so many random tangents when asking questions. Let the guest speak already!

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I guess I'm in the minority. Hayes, Mclennan, and O'Neil bore the hell out of me. It's just their conversational style. It doesn't matter what the topic is, it always sounds the same.

"He's such an important piece of the puzzle"
"Okay, okay. But here's the thing......"

At the same time, I think that's why so many of you like Hayes. He's not polarizing and doesn't really seem to take too many sides. The only times I enjoy listening to them is when Ferraro is on.

He's also technically not a host but Vendetta has to be one of the worst when he's interviewing someone. He goes on so many random tangents when asking questions. Let the guest speak already!

Really? I find Hayes to be quite polarizing. Hes very reactionary, which isnt a bad thing, as hes a fan like the rest of us.

Mclennan is the moderate one of the three. Hayes and O'Neill have yelling matches with each other like every half hour.

Kamal007

FEEL LIKE PABLO
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto
Bryan Hayes AINEC. Guy is one of us, a leaf fan and one of the few in the media I can relate to. Not to mention Hayes, O and Noodles are hilarious together, while being my favourites for "hardcore hockey talk" as well.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Dave Naylor is the best and my favourite host. He knows his stuff, asks terrific questions, and he brings credibility as a seasoned reporter. Not even close IMO. TSN Drive is on another level to other talk radio shows.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Dave Naylor is the best and my favourite host. He knows his stuff, asks terrific questions, and he brings credibility as a seasoned reporter. Not even close IMO. TSN Drive is on another level to other talk radio shows.

Naylor isnt on par with McCown. He tries to be but hes not. Hes still far too biased.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
On Bryan Hayes, he is a young host. As O Dog jokes, you will never be Duthie. He's a nice guy with my interactions with him, and I have corrected him many times when he has gotten info wrong. I am surprised he is winning this poll. He is far behind Naylor and Mccown in terms of knowledge and in interviewing with hard questions but asking them without alienating the interviewee. I think he is carried by O Dog and Noodles. When he does his own show and not Leafs lunch, it noticeably sags.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Naylor isnt on par with McCown. He tries to be but hes not. Hes still far too biased.

I used to listen to Mccown, and I switched to Naylor. He is far more knowledgeable from what I heard. He knows his CFL inside out too. And he covered the Sens and he has impressed me with his knowledge of the NHL draft. He also can ask tougth questions, something both do well. I have made the swtich to TSN Drive on my commutes home. Mccown is fine too, but his act has gotten old with me.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I made a thread about Hayes right when he started at TSN. Love that he's getting recognition now. Very cool.

I wish I could throw Mike Richards into a garbage bin and fire him into the sun - he's terrrrrible, in generally a poor time slot period.

Todd Skill

Feb 17, 2012
I listen to sports radio all the time and I actually despise a good portion of that list. Hayes by a mile.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad