Favourite Player

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
That would have been an epic tilt!!
A buddy of mine that I played ball with was on the ice at a Ranger camp going into LiPuma’s last year. He said that a fight between the veteran LiPuma and tough rookie hopeful Dennis Bonvie was the most vicious fight he ever witnessed on the ice. It was a knock down drag em out dandy that ended in a draw.

Two tough customers there.
Dennis Bonvie was really tough. That season (1991-1992) he was traded to North Bay and he was the league’s heavy weight champion that season. The Petes had no one tough enough to win a fight against him. In the 1992 OHL Draft Dick Todd drafted Matt Johnson in the first round. Bonvie’s rein as OHL heavy weight champion ended the next season when he lost every fight he had with Matt.

Last edited:

ZinErie

Nov 12, 2013
Going to steal Evensteven's idea since I've been watching Erie hockey since the 70s. The Otters didn't join the OHL until the mid 90s so the 70s and 80s players will be minor leaguers.
70s: Daniel Poulin, defenseman, best point shot I'd ever seen live.
80s: Paul Mancini, LW, Erie hockey all time leading goal scorer. Started in the late 70s in Erie. Gretzky teamate/linemate? In junior
90s: Tim Connally
00s: Brad Boyes
10s: Connor McDavid
Current: Carey Terrance
Opposition: Brandon Prust, Arthur Kilyev.

Reactions: LDN

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
Current- David Goyette / Ty Nelson
Past - Zdenek Nedved / Norm Milley / Marc Staal / Mike Sgarbossa / Quinton Byfield
Opposing liked - Damien Giroux / John Tavares / Derek Roy / Boone Jenner
Opposing annoying to play against - Morgan Frost / Brandt Clarke / Steve Downie / Nick Cousins

Last edited:

Gondrex

Apr 10, 2017
Going to agree with Sleemans99 and Even Steven - Red Laurence.

The two opposing players that I can't help but be impressed with are division rivals Colby Barlow and Easton Cowan. It hurts to see them score against ya, but have to admire their talent and wish they were on my team.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Current favorite player is hard as I am not at the rink to see them.

Past favorite players

Lance Galbraith - he did withat killer akded and played his heart out on the ice and in the dressing room he was great. Always had time for the kids that were fans.

Ken Linseman - again gave it everything he had and was a team player most of the time.
There are a few honorable mentions
David Bell (the first one) - he was a leader and was a kid that did what he had to do
Kevin Weekes - his intensity was unmatched.
Joel Trottier played with heart and was always abvailable for the franco fans

Houndzfan20

Oct 31, 2017
Current - i'd have to say Virgilio. i think he's gonna take a huge step this year.

Past - been couple. since i've been a hounds fan a few have come to mind.
Brian Goude (fought anyone and was only 5'10)
Joe Thornton (was a man among boys)
Marc Moro (half season - monster)
Trevor Daley (only 16 year old defenseman in recent history to actually bring me out of my seat)
Nick Jones (took on anyone)
Jordan Smith (great combination of skill and toughness)

just to name a few

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad