• Petr Sykora

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ryan Whitney

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Bonino, Hagelin or Murray. This is a tough one.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Kunitz really hurt his standing with those last few years on the top line I think.

Reactions: BHD

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Cullen, Bonino or Talbot for me. I miss Bones’ random flashes of skill.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Ended up going with Bones. Was another of those guys that was an important piece in the back to back cups. He was such a warrior. In the playoffs he had that Hornqvist type quality where he’d just do what it took and didn’t hesitate to put his body on the line for the good of the team.

dr robbie

Let's Go Pens!
Feb 21, 2012
Pittsburgh
Cullen, Bonino or Talbot for me. I miss Bones’ random flashes of skill.

Same for me with the addition of Duper and Kunitz. All 5 are kind of in this grouping of under appreciated players I admired for one reason or another. I want to vote Talbot for the first Cup alone, but trying to make it more of a period ranking than a simple high-moment vote.

I'm leaning Cullen or Dupuis. Both are super likeable in general and if we're going with favorite player, I think that needs to be a factor.

Reactions: Turin

LosingStreak06

Dec 11, 2017
Okay you guys, I didn’t want to do this but I need to go up to bat in earnest for my guy Maximus Decimus Talbotus. How he hasn’t already made the list is astounding but the fact that he’s not the clear front runner at this point is beyond the pale. Let us review:

- He did THE BEST local TV ads.
- He did THE BEST interviews with Potash.
- The 09 playoffs speak for themselves. The Silencing of Philly. Legend. Scoring the only two Pens goals in Game 7 to clinch them the Cup. Legend. Everyone says Staal’s shorty in Game 4 turned the tide in that series but let’s not forget that they lost the following game 5-0. Max ALSO technically scored the game winner (and series clincher) in game 4 of the Conference Finals to complete the sweep of Carolina. Dude had a postseason that was so good, the Capitals would have given him a $31 million dollar extension for it.
- The 08 Finals. Game 5. Who is the extra attacker that scores the tying goal with less than a minute left, forcing OT and the eventual legendary Petr Sykora 3OT goal for force the Game 6? Max “Superstar” Talbot is who.
- In perhaps his greatest feat as a Penguin, he trolled the entire city of Toronto by wearing Sid’s jersey at an optional skate.

This is real simple math, people. Get it together.

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
- The 09 playoffs speak for themselves. The Silencing of Philly. Legend. Scoring the only two Pens goals in Game 7 to clinch them the Cup. Legend. Everyone says Staal’s shorty in Game 4 turned the tide in that series but let’s not forget that they lost the following game 5-0. Max ALSO technically scored the game winner (and series clincher) in game 4 of the Conference Finals to complete the sweep of Carolina. Dude had a postseason that was so good, the Capitals would have given him a $31 million dollar extension for it.
This is extremely funny and also extremely true

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Next poll will go up tonight. Contemplating between Sheary and Schultz.

I’d say Schultz probably hasn’t frustrated as many of us as Sheary. They both had pretty good high’s here though.

Reactions: BHD

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Kunitz really hurt his standing with those last few years on the top line I think.

You mean where he was supposed to decline?

Not bad for being ages 35/36 with back to back 17 goals and 40 point efforts finished off with back to back years at 37 Pens/38 Tampa with 9 goals Pens/13 goals Tampa and 29 point seasons.

I think ruling on Kunitz for being in his later years, as downers, don't fully appreciate what he's done.

Let me put it this way, Kunitz was a factor in all three runs that resulted in cups.

2009: 1 goal 13 assists and 14 points
2016: 4 goals 8 assists and 12 points
2017: 2 goals 9 assists and 11 points

Does that look like a guy who hurt his standing where it counts most?

One word to describe the Kunitz debate is, irrational.

Reactions: StaalForOne
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad