OT: Favourite "Other League" Teams?

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
KHL- SKA St. Petersburg. My gf's and her father's favorite team. Last year they took me to a playoff game and they won 5-1 vs CSKA.

AHL - St. John's

WHL- Victoria royals

PlayoffBeard365

Apr 11, 2014
Cape Cod, MA
NHL WEST: CALGARY FLAMES - not cuz of Dougie. big Iggy fan!
HOCKEY EAST: UVM - lived in Burlington for 8 years and fell in love with them in 94/95
QMJHL: Gatineau, Olympiques - a kid i play pick-up with 2 times per week plays rw for them. he's been rehabbing a shoulder injury back on Cape (M. Lundholm).

Last edited:

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org
BASEBALL- NY YANKEES

HOCKEY- BOSTON BRUINS

FOOTBALL- NY GIANTS/LOS ANGELES RAMS

BASKETBALL- NY KNICKS. I am a pretty big basketball fan and will root for just about anyone. Back in the day I was a huge Michael Jordan fan when he joined the league and so I rooted for the Bulls. I've watched over a 1000 Bulls games when he was on the team. I was watching the Bulls/MJ when they kept falling short for those first 5-6 years in his career before they finally beat that Detroit team to advance and play LA/Magic Johnson :)

Soccer/Football- I'm not into Soccer much but I did fall in love with Ronaldinho's game. Ronaldo de Assis Moreira, commonly known as Ronaldinho. He was so much fun to watch. I sometimes still watch some of his games and highligh8ts on YouTube.

Like I said I never was big on Soccer/Football but when I saw this guy named Ronaldinho play I was just WOW! He always had a huge contagious smile on his face when he played. The best I ever seen play. A true Football God!

Cristiano Ronaldo makes you love Real Madrid... Messi makes you love Barcelona...... but Ronaldinho makes you love soccer!!!! END OF STORY! This video alone has over 5Mil views. He has others that are over 10M views. Too me he was the MJ of Football.

Every time I watch these highlights it makes my hairs stand and brings a smile to my face.

Here is another very good movie/video starting both greats Ronaldinho & Messi. Remember they both played together in Barcelona for a number of years.
Lionel Messi's first goal of his career at the age of 17 was assisted by Ronaldinho

Last edited:

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I am a company man and only follow the Boston Bruins ,I have had sporadic interest in the Red Sox but as of now haven't watched a Red Sox game in about 5 years.

PlayoffBeard365

Apr 11, 2014
Cape Cod, MA
I am a company man and only follow the Boston Bruins ,I have had sporadic interest in the Red Sox but as of now haven't watched a Red Sox game in about 5 years.

I used to be a HUGE Sox/baseball fan. Started going to games at 5. From age 10 (1986) to age 34 I watched or listened to a majority of the 180 games every year. My family had partial season tix for years. I slept outside of Fenway for 04 WS tix and flew down to Baltimore and NY numerous times. After they won the WS in 04 my interest waned. Now, I have not watched or listened to a game in 6 or 7 years. When i have to take clients to the games I spend most of the time on my iPhone internet (2-4 times per year in amazing seats). Being at the games is now annoying. Its bizarre!!!

A few things have happened. 1. I quit drinking. Who can watch baseball without a buzz on!? 2. They finally won the WS. 3. the internet attention span phenomena. 4. i started playing hockey.

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org
I used to be a HUGE Sox/baseball fan. Started going to games at 5. From age 10 (1986) to age 34 I watched or listened to a majority of the 180 games every year. My family had partial season tix for years. I slept outside of Fenway for 04 WS tix and flew down to Baltimore and NY numerous times. After they won the WS in 04 my interest waned. Now, I have not watched or listened to a game in 6 or 7 years. When i have to take clients to the games I spend most of the time on my iPhone internet (2-4 times per year in amazing seats). Being at the games is now annoying. Its bizarre!!!

A few things have happened. 1. I quit drinking. Who can watch baseball without a buzz on!? 2. They finally won the WS. 3. the internet attention span phenomena. 4. i started playing hockey.

I can watch baseball without a buzz. I love the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad