Favourite Habs player in the post-1993 era: #12-15

Favourite Habs player in the post-1993 era: #12-15

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Eller and Galchenyuk surged late in the last poll, to supplant Halak and Plekanec near the last minute.

1) Saku Koivu
2) PK Subban
3) Andrei Markov
4) Alex Kovalev
5) Carey Price
6) Brenden Gallagher
7) Vincent Damphousse
8) Alexander Radulov
9) Max Pacioretty
10) Lars Eller
11) Alex Galchenyuk
12) Please support democracy
13) Please support democracy
14) Please support democracy
15) Please support democracy

You now get 4 votes, voting will remain open for 72 hours, as there were late votes last time. The following players are being added because they were tied in addition votes with 3 nominations each: Lyle Odelein, Maxim Lapierre, and Mark Recchi.

If the above team was a roster, imagine all of these players in their prime simultaneously, that would be a lot of the Habs dream team of the post-1993 era, could it beat the 1993 team?

Pacioretty-Koivu-Kovalev
Galchenyuk-Damphousse-Radulov
LW-Eller -Gallagher
- 4th line -

Markov Subban
2nd pair
3rd pair

Price
Backup

Last edited:

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
AK, Cammalleri, Metropolit, Lapierre.

Add Latendresse, Kostopoulos, D'agostini and Yannick Weber.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Kinda feel bad for Plekanec. He is really under-appreciated :laugh:

Not many scored 70 pts for us in the last 15 years.
1 X 69 pts season
1 X 70 pts season
7 X 20g+ season
5 consecutive 20+g seasons

And he was our 2 ways C.

He'd be consider as a god if we have a center that can hit those numbers now.

Reactions: DAChampion

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Kinda feel bad for Plekanec. He is really under-appreciated :laugh:

Not many scored 70 pts for us in the last 15 years.
1 X 69 pts season
1 X 70 pts season
7 X 20g+ season
5 consecutive 20+g seasons

He'd be consider as a god if we have a center that can hit those numbers now.

He's not the most charismatic and his playoffs disappearance act robbed a lot of fans the wrong way even in his best seasons.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
He's not the most charismatic and his playoffs disappearance act robbed a lot of fans the wrong way even in his best seasons.

I don't think he was THAT bad in the playoffs. It was overblown because of his "played like a little girl".

Plekanec had better playoffs series than Pacioretty, better stats aswell.. Markov and Price are not all that great in the playoffs either if you consider how good they could be/was for us in a regular season.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I can't help but think Price would be #2 if not for the contract he was given. It's too bad, because it has nothing to do with what he's done for this team.

No, PK is extremely well liked here and for good reason. The charisma and talent is undeniable.

It helps of course that he's the poster boy for the anti-MB movement so people have stuck even closer to him.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Plekanec-No brainer, professional, vet, one of our best centers in years
Hamrlik-The underrated rock. Best #3 we had in recent memory, did it all.
Sourray-Slapshot. That simple. Waiting for him to blast it was a treat. Also defended teammates and was a stand up guy.
A.Kostitsyn-Skill, skill and more skill. Had loads of potential but never came to fruition, many people including myself were very invested in his progression.

Next 4:

Halak-Great run, good teammate.
Cammalleri-Showed up to big games.
Theodore-When he was on, amazing to watch.
Weber-Hasn't been here long but can't deny he's a stud. Unfortunate our team sucks and he's injured.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
AK
Souray
Cammalleri
Zednik

Add Komisarek - wasn't much without Markov but was fun to watch pre-Lucic. Higgins, Emelin

Last edited:

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
What horrible choices made last round :(

Souray, Hamrlik and Huet.
Add Toto Hold The Line

EDIT : He's there. So add Streit, Begin and Cube. Really the only ones I could potentially support

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Eller at 10 is laughable. I liked the guy and was upset when we traded him away, unlike most of the fanbase who were extatic on social media. Now that he wins the cup, he is a top 10 fan favorite. Please..

Some fans are ridiculous with stuff like this.

Prospects are always preferable to these people than players on the NHL roster because as prospects they haven't yet failed. Same goes for players who get traded. With this team, we whine about certain players and dream of them being traded away. Then, once they're gone, we whine that we either didn't get enough in return or we whine that they never should have been traded to begin with. Watch what happens five minutes after we trade Pacioretty, especially if he finds his scoring touch with his new team. He will suddenly have fans he never knew he had as recently as last season.

I'll bet the Habs can sell more jerseys with #81 on the back today than they could when Eller was actually a Hab. I'm also willing to bet that half of all the Subban jerseys currently owned by Habs fans were purchased after he was traded to Nashville.

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
Some fans are ridiculous with stuff like this.

Prospects are always preferable to these people than players on the NHL roster because as prospects they haven't yet failed. Same goes for players who get traded. With this team, we whine about certain players and dream of them being traded away. Then, once they're gone, we whine that we either didn't get enough in return or we whine that they never should have been traded to begin with. Watch what happens five minutes after we trade Pacioretty, especially if he finds his scoring touch with his new team. He will suddenly have fans he never knew he had as recently as last season.

I'll bet the Habs can sell more jerseys with #81 on the back today than they could when Eller was actually a Hab. I'm also willing to bet that half of all the Subban jerseys currently owned by Habs fans were purchased after he was traded to Nashville.

I assume Smith-Pelly, Andrighetto and Barberio should be next in the poll, since it seems to be all about who got traded/released by Bergevin.

Reactions: Laurentide

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad