Favourite Commentary team?

Shawnofthedeadz

Jan 18, 2013
Ball and Hrudey are the best team the Flames have had in a while. Kelly is an affable idiot, the kind of person you find endearing because they mean well. You can count on him for at least 4 or 5 poorly delivered and incoherent contributions per game so that always gives me something to look forward to. His particular brand of homerism is pretty harmless because I can't imagine many take him seriously anyway and since most of the other Canadian teams get a broadcaster obviously rooting for them the Flames should too.

What the hell did we do to deserve John "no chance for the goalie" Garrett? I blame him for Canucks fans being the way they are, and possibly inciting the riot in the first place.

I might have agreed with you near the start of the season as I too thought his commentating was bad but I feel like Hrudey has greatly improved over his season of commentating. Maybe its just his charm that has grown on me but I rather him than many others.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Ya, not sure why its a story. Who cares......guys say foul stuff sometimes.

Yeah only people who are making a big deal about it are guys who are enjoying watching us fail.

1) What they're saying is absolutely true.

2) What they're saying is technically off the record.

3) It's not different than anything we've been saying here.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
It is funny that it got out. I have to think that probably happens often.

Itdoes. NHL center ice often stays at arenas during commercials, normally no one is stupid enough to say anything like that though. The guy is probably going to lose his job because he can't remain professional while on the worksite

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad