Favourite Bell Centre moments

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
The greatest comeback in comeback history against the Rangers in 2008.

Or

Saku Koivu return from cancer in 2002 with a standing ovation.

Last edited:

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
My favorite game at the BC was on 4th December 2008. AKA the 99th anniversay day. My favorite sight was actually an old-timer Ranger, HHOF'er Harry Howell, who looked SOOOO happy to be there he was waving goodbyes on the carpet for a few minutes.

This was the good ole' days before Scott Gomez became a Hab. We won 6-2, and George Laraque got a 2-point night. All in all, a very unique moment in the Franchise's history.

Habs178

Sep 22, 2007
Ontario
My one and only visit. 3rd round of the playoffs against Philly. We lost 3-0, but that didn't dampen the experience. There's nothing like a game in Montreal.

badbrains

Well Oiled Tank
Feb 1, 2016
ET
A last minute decision to take the wife to a game on her birthday against the Rangers in '08 had me apologizing for the crappy choice when we were down 5-0.

The rest, as they say, is history.

Other than that, until there's a cup attached to it, to me it's just a building where hockey is played.

Spectaculard

What am I a fruit?
Jan 25, 2007
Montreal
From the games I attended: When Theo came back and we won 8-5. Or when Boom-Boom had his jersey retired a day after passing and we beat the Rangers 1-0. Or when we beat the Flyers 5-0 back in 06'.

Games I didn't attend: Koivu comeback from cancer in 2002, comeback of centuery in 08', the 2010 playoff run and others I can't recall right now.

Spectaculard

What am I a fruit?
Jan 25, 2007
Montreal
From the games I attended: When Theo came back and we won 8-5. Or when Boom-Boom had his jersey retired a day after passing and we beat the Rangers 1-0. Or when we beat the Flyers 5-0 back in 06'.

Games I didn't attend: Koivu comeback from cancer in 2002, comeback of centuery in 08', the 2010 playoff run and others I can't recall right now.

Oh yeah, my first game at the molson centre. A 3-0 win over the Red-Wings back in january 2000.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
A little off topic but what is the longest game in BC history?

I'm thinking 1997 first round matchup against new Jersey where Brisebois scored an OT winner in game 4. If I remember correctly, that game finished near 12:30am.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
1) The greatest comeback in franchise history against the Rangers in 2008.

2) Saku Koivu's return from cancer in 2001.

3) Beliveau's Jersey retirement/moment of silence

incognito Burrito*

Statsny scored his first against us in that 8-5 game, too.

I wasn't there, but I was in the Montreal suburb with my at-the-time gf. She wasn't impressed, but when Rivet jumped out of box and went on a breakaway and scored, I threw my hands up and whacked her in the face.

Good times.

Spectaculard

What am I a fruit?
Jan 25, 2007
Montreal
Statsny scored his first against us in that 8-5 game, too.

I wasn't there, but I was in the Montreal suburb with my at-the-time gf. She wasn't impressed, but when Rivet jumped out of box and went on a breakaway and scored, I threw my hands up and whacked her in the face.

Good times.
:laugh:

I remember that Rivet goal. Think I lost my voice that game.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
1) The greatest comeback in franchise history against the Rangers in 2008.

2) Saku Koivu's return from cancer in 2001.

3) Beliveau's Jersey retirement/moment of silence

Good list.

My favourite first-hand experience wasn't even a live game. It was game-7 against Boston in 2014, which was played in Boston but screened at the Bell Centre for a packed house. They actually did the pregame ceremony on the ice, including kids skating with flags and anthems, before cutting to the jumbotron for the puck drop in Boston.

The PA system and the crowd was authentic, so you can imagine the bedlam. Helluva night.

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
I was at the game for the 5-0 comeback and I've never seen the place as loud as when Kovy tied the game, playoffs included. Craziest part is that a lot of people had already left the building.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Game 6 vs Boston in 2014 was underrated.

This. 2013-2014 as a whole was underrated. My favorite year as a Habs fan, and by far. Too bad the Berkshires and the other stats freak of this world made everything in their power to make the complaining unbearable at times.

Thebeastoftheeast

Sep 12, 2009
March 11th, 2006- my first time at the Bell Center (maybe it was still Molson Center?) and Boom Boom's jersey retirement.

I walked into the lower bowl and it was so surreal because I had never seen the Habs live except for a couple exhibition games in Halifax. I felt so small in a building which was so large in more than one way. I've been back up quite a few times since then and I still remember how I felt the first time I was there.

Montreal won that night 1-0 on a PP goal from Craig Rivet and it was deafening in there.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
This. 2013-2014 as a whole was underrated. My favorite year as a Habs fan, and by far. Too bad the Berkshires and the other stats freak of this world made everything in their power to make the complaining unbearable at times.

I agree, that season is by far my favorite season as a Habs fan. Price was fantastic and the team was fun to watch post deadline. While Vanek was a bust later in the playoffs, he played really well in March and was probably the reason the team did so well heading into the playoffs because Vanek got the offense going.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
There are countless memorable moments for both good and bad at the Bell Centre. My top 3 in no particular order:

Halak was just unbelievable in that game. I had never seen since a performance like that from a goalie. Cammy was scored twice with his classic one timers and it was Subban's playoff debut.

Habs got a break with the first goal before Vanek and Max broke the game open with two goals in the second. Price was just stellar. I went into the night fearing the worst and went out quite satisfied.

I actually missed most of the game and tuned in when it was 4-1 for the Sens. I don't know why I even kept the game on because I usually don't watch the game when I think the game is over, good thing I didn't turn it off. When Eller scored I didn't think much of it and even after it was 4-3 and the Habs got a PP to end the game I didn't think they could actually tie the game. When DD scored I punched my couch because I was in total disbelief. When Boullion won it I was just over the moon. Best ending to a Habs regular season game that I've witnessed.

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal
2010 Playoffs - Round 1 vs. The Washington Caps

Game 6

Habs down 3 - 2 in the series trying to force a Game 7 back in Washington.

Boudreau's Caps throw everything they have at Halak... who makes 51 amazing saves before Washington gets one past him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtOZvZTgjf4

Halak = God
Cammalleri = Clutch

+ PK's first playoffs.

Best hockey moment at the Bell, imo. :handclap:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad