OT: Favorite Pre Game "Watering Hole"

qc

Aug 23, 2011
1. Sullivan's for pre-game festivities.
2. Maybe one or three expensive, low-quality beers sold by Delaware North :cry:
3. The lil bar at North Station for when i have time to kill before hopping on the next train to Gloucester

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
3. The lil bar at North Station for when i have time to kill before hopping on the next train to Gloucester

went to the Captain's Practice yesterday and almost headed to the Causway for some fried clams- probably in the next couple of weeks will head up there

I''' say this year will be the Grille and Four's if eating and Sully's for a quick one

Patrice37

Jul 19, 2006

This place gets packed sometimes. I know it's small so anything will make it looked packed but it's just strange to see that type of activity in a train station lobby.

I love it.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
the 70 mile ride in is prob my favorite watering hole. followed by the nautica garage.
my buddy drives and i prob drink a six pack in that time.
then drink another 3 or 4 in the parking lot.
may stop in at sullys halftime or train stop bar if there is time.

Ace0813

Bleed Black & Gold
Aug 28, 2008
New Hampshire
I'll go off the beaten path and talk a bit more local to my neck of the woods.... I am rather fond of the Thirsty Moose in either Portsmouth, NH or Dover, NH.

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
Running through Stop&Shop on my way home cause the 1st just ended as I was leaving work...

...this thread isnt just for going to the game is it? :p:

WickedBruinsGirl

May 1, 2003
Cambridge
Tavern in the Square just opened across the street from the Garden. Went there for dinner last night. Would definitely include that in pre/post game rotation this season.

The Causeway Bar near The Harp is good for drinking. Not sure about their food yet.

There's no shortage of choices around the Garden now.

My personal favorites are Sports Grille (they don't pay me to say that), Grand Canal and Sully's.

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
Tavern in the Square just opened across the street from the Garden. Went there for dinner last night. Would definitely include that in pre/post game rotation this season.

The Causeway Bar near The Harp is good for drinking. Not sure about their food yet.

There's no shortage of choices around the Garden now.

My personal favorites are Sports Grille (they don't pay me to say that), Grand Canal and Sully's.

**** as its normally called has some really good food and big portions..Not a fan of the crowd it normally attracts but the food/drink prices are on point for what they offer.

They're salads are monstrous. Chili and Mac and cheese is on point too.

member 96824

Is Tavern in the Square by the garden owned by the same people as the one in Burlington?

If so, I am pumped.

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
I used to like Max and Dylan's.. but they closed.

Now its Warren tavern and the bar in the train station. I like Beer Works, Fours, and Sports Grill but they are all way too crowded on game days.

Pat Paeplow

May 16, 2013
Is the Penalty Box still up and running? I'm pretty sure that watercolor behind the bar is a rendering of the bartender when he was younger and less beaten down by life.

WickedBruinsGirl

May 1, 2003
Cambridge
Is the Penalty Box still up and running? I'm pretty sure that watercolor behind the bar is a rendering of the bartender when he was younger and less beaten down by life.

Causeway Bar is where the Penalty Box used to be. They have an upstairs but it hasn't been opened the times I've been there.

LucicIsABeast

Dec 7, 2008
Lville IL

That used to be my spot to go post game but then it closed (for obvious reasons)

Now my go to spot is The Point before and after and usually a quick beer at Harp right before

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
For pub food: Fours or Sports Grille or Porters

Pizza: Ducali

Fast Pizza and 5 gallon beers: Halftime

Something more substantial: Ward 8.. used to really enjoy Nebo

Shots and Beers: Sully's

Post-Game ALWAYS: McGanns

Boston BROin

Marchand makes u mad
Feb 29, 2008
NYC
I'm gone for little over a year and apparently there are a ton of new bars. I know Harp, Sullys, Greatest, Halftime, Johnnys, North star and the place in North Station, but the rest are new. And there is a T.I.T.S there now?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad