Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Bigg Buff in Tampa
Dusty-Buff.jpg

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
There are a lot of players I could name. I'll do a more recent one, though -

McDavid.

As a Sabres fan, I followed him soo closely during his junior career (as we knew 2yrs out that Buffalo was going to be in a position to maybe draft him).

A group of us used to drive down to Erie and watch him play quite a lot.
It was unreal seeing that kid just dominate his competition in Erie.

I was so hyped up on him.

That lottery draft loss was absolutely crushing.

My friend had a big party that day, to watch the draft lottery. I'll never forget when they pulled that gold Oilers card. It felt like someone literally kicked me in the stomach. The whole party went quiet.
Then after about 10-15mins of just standing there stunned, shaking our heads, we all started trying to console ourselves and say how we'd be ok with Eichel...

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta
There are a lot of players I could name. I'll do a more recent one, though -

McDavid.

As a Sabres fan, I followed him soo closely during his junior career (as we knew 2yrs out that Buffalo was going to be in a position to maybe draft him).

A group of us used to drive down to Erie and watch him play quite a lot.
It was unreal seeing that kid just dominate his competition in Erie.

I was so hyped up on him.

That lottery draft loss was absolutely crushing.

My friend had a big party that day, to watch the draft lottery. I'll never forget when they pulled that gold Oilers card. It felt like someone literally kicked me in the stomach. The whole party went quiet.
Then after about 10-15mins of just standing there stunned, shaking our heads, we all started trying to console ourselves and say how we'd be ok with Eichel...

Your disappointment is the very reason I originally joined gf boards.
I wanted to read of all the salty fans from Toronto and buffalo. Before I joined I would simply drop in for trade rumors but when the Oilers won McDavid, I felt like I could taste the tears from all of the fans that hated the idea of the Oilers drafting McDavid.
I had a premonition before the lottery.
Eerie otters. eo
Edmonton Oilers. eo

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I've always loved Rick Nash ans there was point where he may have gone to Toronto, but alas it was not meant to be

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
Martin Brodeur... while the West Coast Express was in its prime.

That way, we'd only be lamenting 2011 as a lost opportunity to raise an additional banner to the rafters.

If we're talking active players? I'd have loved it if the Canucks won the draft lottery and gotten Matthews. Having a one/two punch down the middle of Matthews and Horvat would be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad