favorite player to watch that doesn’t play for your favorite team?

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Jake Sanderson. Should be a favorite for the Calder this season.

You really must enjoy hockey and know all of the nuances to enjoy watching Sanderson play.

I’m not too interested in gap control, separation without contact, zone entry prevention. Or not interested when I’m watching another team anyways.

Sanderson makes killer plays with the puck but I don’t think if I was a fan of another team I would tune into the Senators to watch the Sanderson show.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
You really must enjoy hockey and know all of the nuances to enjoy watching Sanderson play.

I’m not too interested in gap control, separation without contact, zone entry prevention. Or not interested when I’m watching another team anyways.

Sanderson makes killer plays with the puck but I don’t think if I was a fan of another team I would tune into the Senators to watch the Sanderson show.
USA Hockey is do or die

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
US Gold Medal (exclude NYR players, I know it’s hard) or NYR Stanley Cup win?

I would imagine Gold Medal would be the easy choice with all the Rangers on there.
Tough answer. I'd say a Cup win but I was weirdly more heartbroken after the Crosby golden goal than Henrique or Martinez.

Reactions: Cheapshot

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Caufield is fun to watch . Little guy with an unreal shot . Looks incredible how hard he can shoot for a wee little lad .
I like watching rookie or young goalies . I really like how Vladar plays do some odd reason.

Reactions: TFly and Ulysses31

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Used to be Crosby & Ovechkin.

Now it’s McDavid followed by Makar & MacKinnon (watch Draisaitl closely too when watching 97).

Fun Team I like to watch besides the Canucks..
Rangers: Fox, Panarin, Zibanezad, kid line
HM: Leafs, Lightning, Bruins, Devils

Last edited:
Reactions: Leonardo87 and TFly

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Zegras

Have enjoyed watching his development going back to before he was even drafted. He's such a fun creative player. He clearly enjoys playing the game as much as anyone ever has.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
I like trying to figure out how guys without dazzling skating or stick handling skills are near the top of the league every season. A couple examples are Anze Kopitar and Jonathan Teows, although Teows has recently fallen off. These guys just know where to be, and do everything right without wowing you every night with highlight-reel stuff. Just now editing this to include Patrice Bergeron.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
I'll be boring and just say McDavid. Nobody moves like him. It doesn't make sense. It seems like he has rockets on his skates.

Reactions: byrath

Cheapshot

May 23, 2012
Always enjoyed watching Stamkos until the injuries made his body take a shit. Now as a rangers fan, unfortunately ….. Jack Hughes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad