Favorite player on rival team?

Naster Okan

Jan 8, 2019
I was wondering who were your guys (if any) favorite players on rival teams. Personally, just being a general fan of the sport I’ve had quite a few but I was honestly really happy for O’Reilly’s success in the playoffs last year as he’s been a player I’ve always really respected and enjoyed watching.

Naster Okan

Jan 8, 2019
By "rival" do you mean St Louis and Nashville?
Rivalries can be a fleeting thing but I guess the most concrete would be inter division foes. I suppose in general, could be someone from Vancouver when there was a spark. I wouldn’t consider Vancouver a rival anymore.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Rivalries can be a fleeting thing but I guess the most concrete would be inter division foes. I suppose in general, could be someone from Vancouver when there was a spark. I wouldn’t consider Vancouver a rival anymore.
I'd say Nashville and St Louis are our only inter division rivals. I've got no beef with Winnipeg or Colorado. Dallas is meh. Minnnesota is so mild, I never even think about them.

So between Nashville and St Louis, Roman Josi is probably the only player I like.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Datsyuk was my favorite player up until he retired. Zetterberg was great as well

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
I'm not going to say who my favorite current non-Hawk is, it's just not a good time.

But all-time, it's Joe Sakic.

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
All time, Mike Modano and Brett Hull. Always liked them. Currently, I really like Mathew Dumba, Miro Heiskanen, and Nathan MacKinnon.

Reactions: Boqvy wan Kenobi

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Lots of them, going back through history. Jagr, Lemieux, Ovechkin, MacKinnon, Weber, Selanne, Niedermayer, Mogilny, Recchi, Roenick, Forsberg, Bure, Fedorov, Lidstrom, Lindros, Turgeon, Hasek, Yzerman, Brodeur, Sakic...

It seems most of these guys are from the 90s. Not surprising, really. Hockey was way more engaging back then.

Reactions: Marotte Marauder

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Haven’t really hated any player since probably Backes in 2016. The Hawks haven’t been good enough to develop that true hatred like we had against the Blues and Canucks.

Also think it’s pretty cool there never was much if any hatred towards anyone on those Kings teams in 13’ and 14’. The stakes couldn’t have been higher and the hockey was excellent, but I can’t think of anyone from those teams I hated...or even disliked. Kings fans might not like Bolland (for the Richard’s hit) or Kieth (for knocking Carter’s teeth out) though.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Haven’t really hated any player since probably Backes in 2016. The Hawks haven’t been good enough to develop that true hatred like we had against the Blues and Canucks.

Also think it’s pretty cool there never was much if any hatred towards anyone on those Kings teams in 13’ and 14’. The stakes couldn’t have been higher and the hockey was excellent, but I can’t think of anyone from those teams I hated...or even disliked. Kings fans might not like Bolland (for the Richard’s hit) or Kieth (for knocking Carter’s teeth out) though.

I had no hate for Boston in that series either.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
on vancouver i couldnt have picked one player. salo or edler maybe gun to head?

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Detroit
Yzerman (Favorite non-Blackhawk of all time)
Zetterberg
Datsyuk

Vancouver
Daniel Sedin
Henrik Sedin
Roberto Luongo

Los Angeles
Kopitar
Carter
Richards

St Louis
Pietrangelo
Bouwmeester
Tarasenko

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
From current players and true rivals, my favorite is definitely Sammy Blais. Love what he brings. So much so that I wish we could trade for his RFA rights this off-season, as disgusting as it sounds to get a Blues player in here.

Reactions: Marotte Marauder

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
All time is Bure for me. Peter Forsberg close second. I really liked that whole Avs team back in their heyday though.

Current teams: Tarasenko is probably who I like most on the Blues. Ovie otherwise. Just not a lot of 'rivalry' stuff when we suck.

SnakePlissken

Jun 16, 2015
For me, all-time would be Messier. Guy just flat out decided they weren't going to lose to us in 1990. Very impressive.

Reactions: BobbyJet

sandyfalkirk

Jun 18, 2014
Scotland
Blues? I liked Brett Hull, I thought his comments about scoring and celebrating being a bad idea if Chelios was on the ice. I also think Tarasenko is a quality player.

Red Wings.....Datsyuk, Fedorov. Hated against us them but loved watching them.

Canucks...brief rivals but I just didn't like anyone on that team at the time. I don't mind Roberto Lou now and the sisters but really, at the time I really disliked Canucks.

Wild....are they rivals? I don't think so. 4-2, 4-1......this time its our year....4-0. Na, not rivals. I always thought Coyle was decent and wore an annoying number. 3 is a D mans number!

Jets? Bleh, Buff I miss you.

Stars? Again meh but ...Mike Modano. What a skater. Flew down ice. Loved watching him.

Nashville? Sort of a rival I suppose, would have liked Weber with Keith.

Other players I wished played for Chicago......Big Walt....Keith Tkachuk how much better would Roenick and him have looked in Hawks Jerseys instead of desert ones?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad